Player Watch Beau McCreery

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
happy to have the cap space that Stevo provided.
Actually is averaging the same goals per game as Stephenson but brings a defensive/accountable game as well with his tackling in the ‘elite’ category.

Would like to see him get a little more involved in the game and get those disposals up. Something he can improve in 2022.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nothing stopping him from hitting the weights.

But you either have courage or you don’t. Regardless of size.

Agree- look how the weight of the skinny scrawny younger Guthrie has changed over the last few years with some determined effort in the gym. His body was probably lighter than Stevo when first recruited.

Last edited:

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree- look how the weight of the skinny scrawny younger Guthrie has changed over the last few years with some determined effort in the gym. His body was probably lighter than Stevo when he first recruited.
Yep. So many kids come into the he AFL as wippets but hit the program and build strength. I don’t understand why after 4 seasons he hasn’t worked on his strength.

Maturity for cures most things - for most people. Some never grow up sadly.
Sometimes the more talented you are the longer it takes to mature, because you're talented enough to get away with short cuts. Petracca is one who seemed to take a fair while to decide to do the work to be an absolute star. Nick Davis on the other hand never did, but still had some magnificent moments - that final for the Swans.

God Knows which way Stepho will go, but I think he's more Davis like.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
no, but it’s a shitload easier to be tough when you’re built like a brickwall compared to someone who is built like a matchstick…

Geez Gavin Brown must have been a tank then....toughest/bravest competitor I've ever witnessed on a footy field.

Geez Gavin Brown must have been a tank then....toughest/bravest competitor I've ever witnessed on a footy field.

Mark Harvey and Kenny Hunter weren't big either.

I don't think Nathan Murphy will make it, but he deserves a mention for courage - ridiculously brave.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sometimes the more talented you are the longer it takes to mature, because you're talented enough to get away with short cuts. Petracca is one who seemed to take a fair while to decide to do the work to be an absolute star. Nick Davis on the other hand never did, but still had some magnificent moments - that final for the Swans.

God Knows which way Stepho will go, but I think he's more Davis like.
Yes truth there my older brother was that type in general life - everything he attempted he did with ease and natural style but he never did anything about it and just drifted - he just didn't care enough about anything.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Looks like a mature, seasoned vet already, a very exciting prospect, and just what we need -a fast, tough, hardnosed forward pocket who can create goals and chase down the opposition. What I especially like, is that he doesn't just chase them down, he hits hard, tackles hard and generally makes them very aware he is a threat.

Last edited:
Back