Beau Waters

Remove this Banner Ad

wapower

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2008
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's having a pretty decent season but as mentioned his disposal is a little shaky. What's interesting for mine is it looks like he has a license to do or go where ever he wants to on the field. Watching at Subiaco Oval last night it looked like he got burnt a fair bit on the rebound last night. That said Waters was marking everything and his attack on the football was manic.

Very good player who will be all the better for getting this season under his belt.

WoGiTaLiA

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2003
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
It's kind of damning on the Eagles that as average as his foot skills are he would be in their top 10 by foot.

Waters foot skills aren't actually that bad, he just doesn't kick drop punts. Like Steve Johnson, lots of flowerbags but they tend to get there.

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Love that mark he took, how he was nearly horizontal in the air when he took it, nearly a repeat of a ripper he took in 07

Public Enemy No1

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Azzurri Juventus
has had a very good season...always plays with heart. His kicking is good but seems to manage a couple of ordinary kicks per game

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Joel Selwood is a brilliant, tough, in and under young man playing amazing footy, whilst beau footsteps waters is THE most overrated "hard nut" going around. lining someone up does not make you tough. putting your head over the ball is what it takes, like Selwood (the only good Selwood, Adam is a good player OK, but not good).
Guys like Glen Archer & Mark Ricciuto must be laughing at these suggestions about "footsteps"
i first noticed beau 'peep' (because he always has a peep) about 4 or 5 years ago in the offseason when i was having few beers & happened to be chatting with a local amateur high grade coach about footy. we weren't cricket fans so the conversation naturally drifted 2 footy where he brought up the topic of the pseudo tough guy. from there it was easy to identify beau peep.
i did not see last wc game, but my recently retired (played last year) footy mate tells me "footsteps" actually did play tough & not just for show or as a sniper.
please don't think i am denigrating waters as a player. he is a very good player, particularly in such a weak team, but he is definitely not tough.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
yeah he must just be weak as piss. Like the fully horizontal mark he took going back with the flight of the ball. Just weak as piss coming back from an injury which killed 2 full seasons and what many considered possibly career ending.

Did i mention he's been one of our best this season and probably has more heart than the rest of our team combined. Top bloke.

But hey well done. First class freo flog troll post :thumbsu:

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
no trolling intended.
honestly look at him play.
he is a good player, but just not tough.
if you still think that this is a troll well have a cry in your chardonnay.
i believe i have explained myself.
if i can call daniel kerr & adam selwood (both of whom i can't stand) tough, surely i could do the same for "footsteps" if he deserved it.
if you choose to go through your footy life with your eyes closed, that is your decision.
otherwise, at least open your eyes and don't follow the masses.
means nothing to me either way.

BigSledge

All Australian
Feb 9, 2009
Flinders, Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

What?:cool:

First season was 2005, spent it recovering from OP.

2006 2nd year played in a winning GF and was BOG IMO.

2007 played but totally buggered his elbow playing WALF mid season.

2008 Didn't play.

2009 Didn't play.

2010 Jarred his knee in the NAB, has played every game from round 1.

So who are you talking about?:eek:

I remember the 06 GF and thought he was best on as well, but Embley was definitely a worthy winner. Glad to see him back always been a good player who does the one percenters too bad they barely show the Eagles in Adelaide.

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Must admit, i actually rate the guy now.

couple years ago, heaps of eagles fans would harp on about how tough he was, when honestly he was far from it - he simply took cheap shots at other blokes who had their head over the ball. not tough at all

Now however he's re-directed that aggression at getting the pill himself and it's done him wonders, maybe this is a by-product of the new laws??

definately aretty hard player now, but in saying that, i dont mean a guy who just looks to line blokes up, but a guy who is hard at the ball and simply forces contact with other guys who happen to be in the way.

Skills obviously aren't flash, but s**t, give him a go after the lay off he's just had. Skills will come.................hopefully for WCE fans.

Still certainly not in the category of an Archer, Riccouto, Troy Cook, Jonothan Brown etc, but might get there

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
He is a skillful player. He is returning after a couple of seasons out and thus needs to regain touch under match pressure. he also need to rebuild match fitness which can cause skill errors late in a game.
The commentators picked up (often third hand) that in the first few round the eagles had many turnovers and assume this is ongoing. It is not, but the moronic level of comentary goes on.

coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies
Must admit, i actually rate the guy now.

couple years ago, heaps of eagles fans would harp on about how tough he was, when honestly he was far from it - he simply took cheap shots at other blokes who had their head over the ball. not tough at all

Now however he's re-directed that aggression at getting the pill himself and it's done him wonders, maybe this is a by-product of the new laws??

definately aretty hard player now, but in saying that, i dont mean a guy who just looks to line blokes up, but a guy who is hard at the ball and simply forces contact with other guys who happen to be in the way.

Skills obviously aren't flash, but s**t, give him a go after the lay off he's just had. Skills will come.................hopefully for WCE fans.

Still certainly not in the category of an Archer, Riccouto, Troy Cook, Jonothan Brown etc, but might get there

LMAO pick the odd man out here. Also not in the category of Wayne Carey, Nathan Buckley, Shaun McManus and Chris Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
no trolling intended.
honestly look at him play.
he is a good player, but just not tough.
if you still think that this is a troll well have a cry in your chardonnay.
i believe i have explained myself.
if i can call daniel kerr & adam selwood (both of whom i can't stand) tough, surely i could do the same for "footsteps" if he deserved it.
if you choose to go through your footy life with your eyes closed, that is your decision.
otherwise, at least open your eyes and don't follow the masses.
means nothing to me either way.

Troll ofr the year nomination.:thumbsdown:

Waters in his first game back ran back with the flight of the ball and punched it with his previously injured arm with the CHF and CHB leading right at him and copped hard contact.

Took the guy less than half a game to show / remind us just how big his gonads are.

So did you consider Solomon tough?

Josh Carr?

Tell me who in your Freo outfit you consider tough?

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
LMAO pick the odd man out here. Also not in the category of Wayne Carey, Nathan Buckley, Shaun McManus and Chris Judd.

haha, you spud.

i'm talking about tough guys on the field, blokes who crunched people regularly in tackles, hurt people regularly with fair bumps.

jud, carey, buckley as you mention are tough, but not in the category of team enforcers like some people like to think beau waters is.

and troy cook is certainly no odd man out. He wasnt skilled, or quick, but still notched up 150 games because of his effort and toughness.

Mitchell White Says hi

Mitchell White Says hi

While mitchell white says hi in return clutching silverware - that hit on White wouldn't be tolerated now - and was barely then.

White had his head down going for the ball - Cook ran and jumped past the ball by half a metre to take him out. A truly tough incident would have been going for the ball.

In saying that - Cook was courageous and tough - but that incident was nought more than taking the bloke out going for the ball.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Tell me who in your Freo outfit you consider tough?

Ryan Crowley?

Waters has always put his body on the line in all situations, anyone calling him a sniper is full of it. Sure he went after players but he nearly always hit them with an honest bump.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great player but butchers the ball..Much like the majority of the west coast side.

That said it is gutting to think we were considering him instead of Drum...Would love him at freo.

SwanBet

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
WilloBlue, i rate Beau Waters as tough as there is. You just hate WestCoast so you hate him. He is as tough as anyone in the league, i actually suggest you watch him play instead of making up fake stories to get some cred.

cynical

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
he isn't max rooke tough, but a fairly tough player

too bad about his disposal, was bog for geelong last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back