News Because We Needed More Controversy

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea who Glen Bartlett is but I prefer him over Stockdale.

Unfortunately the amount of say we get in this is absolutely zero, which I suppose is a reasonable pay-off for turning over control of our club just to pocket $2mil.

Unfortunately the amount of say we get in this is absolutely zero, which I suppose is a reasonable pay-off for turning over control of our club just to pocket $2mil.

Don't we get to vote at some point?

Alan Stockdale is a very, very strong presidential candidate - make no mistake.

I would love to have Jackson reporting to a board led my Stockdale, and this article doesnt change my opinion - just reads like stirring trouble with no facts.

Stockdale is a good guy and a level headed, big MFC supporter. Super well connected. I would vote for him.

Alan Stockdale is a very, very strong presidential candidate - make no mistake.

I would love to have Jackson reporting to a board led my Stockdale, and this article doesnt change my opinion - just reads like stirring trouble with no facts.

Stockdale is a good guy and a level headed, big MFC supporter. Super well connected. I would vote for him.
From a personal Standpoint, I see your point - and I can't fault what you say, however I can also state that McLardy is/was a well connected and passionate melbourne supporter (granted he didn't actually WANT the job), So was Gardiner, and Szondy. Point is, these guys, while well connected and passionate, weren't really successful on the 'united club' side of things.

PJ is all these things, plus he has the runs on the board with a Successful AFL club that he helped to get to that position, and while putting some noses out of joint, it is clear to everyone that things need to change and he's doing what is necessary.

PJ is all these things, plus he has the runs on the board with a Successful AFL club that he helped to get to that position, and while putting some noses out of joint, it is clear to everyone that things need to change and he's doing what is necessary.

Is he? He hasn't 'united' the club... he's been the one in charge! And I don't think that every 'united' club has a President and CEO that see eye to eye on every issue.

From a personal Standpoint, I see your point - and I can't fault what you say, however I can also state that McLardy is/was a well connected and passionate melbourne supporter (granted he didn't actually WANT the job), So was Gardiner, and Szondy. Point is, these guys, while well connected and passionate, weren't really successful on the 'united club' side of things.

No doubt they have all been passionate and had the clubs best interests at heart.

Jackson and Stockdale aren't vying for the same role don't forget - and yes, Jackson has essentially come in with no board to report to - he's telling the AFL what's needed, and he's getting it. Once things settle, he will need to report to the MFC board.

Alan Stockdale is better networked and has more 'runs on the board' than the others you've mentioned. In my opinion.

I would be very happy with both of them - but if they indeed have significantly different ethos regarding the club, I would be intrigued by the details HUN!..

This article is a load of tripe. The very model of making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Perusing it again, they've either got a story and don't know how to write it or they're making something out of very little.

Stockdale says that Jackson needs to be accountable to the board, which is fair enough. Now Alan needs to prove that he can lead a positive, forward-thinking, open board rather than a team of control freaks.

Szondy was an accountant, Gardner was in investment, McLardy was in insurance. Stockdale is the former treasurer of the state and heads a massively popular political party. Point of difference.

Don't we get to vote at some point?

If somebody nominates, and if they stay in the race despite pressure not to cost the club another $150k for the vote. And if they're not forced out by the AFL suggesting the payoff is conditional on the make-up of the board (i.e if it's who they want) then maybe you'll get to vote.

More likely the dodgy backroom deals will present just enough candidates to fill the available positions.

Having said that the board can go up to 12, so if the club puts up a total of 11 somebody off here should nominate just to see if they can accidentally end up with the last spot by default.

If somebody nominates, and if they stay in the race despite pressure not to cost the club another $150k for the vote. And if they're not forced out by the AFL suggesting the payoff is conditional on the make-up of the board (i.e if it's who they want) then maybe you'll get to vote.

More likely the dodgy backroom deals will present just enough candidates to fill the available positions.

Having said that the board can go up to 12, so if the club puts up a total of 11 somebody off here should nominate just to see if they can accidentally end up with the last spot by default.

I would vote for you Super :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish Neitz would get involved. Love the great man, but we've heard next to nothing from him since he retired. Probably in the top 5 greatest Demons ever.

I think that is a bit harsh, i have seen him at MFC events, not just Melbourne based ones, and believe he has a large part or did in creating and running the MFC business community initiative i have seen on the club website.

I think Neitz is possibly a bit under rated both in terms of what he does for the MFC and has done business wise post career, i think he is an example of what MFC does for its players and ex Captains tbh, he has been set up nicely, is definitely still a MFC person and has done well and puts back into the club.

This just might be the next step for him.....

Thats my take on Neitz

" Hey prospective new coach ,come to a united and professionally run club " FFS

My thoughts exactly.... We need to get our s**t together so we can attract quality ppl to our club - coaches, players and administrators.

Managing Partner for Clayton Utz... the man is obviously well qualified re governance slash business smarts

I wish Neitz would get involved. Love the great man, but we've heard next to nothing from him since he retired. Probably in the top 5 greatest Demons ever.

Well, they won five flags in six years from 55 to 60. Maybe they had some good players then.

I will give you top 5 in the last 40 years but Smith, Barassi, Flower, Stynes are all ahead of him to start, with all the Cordners, Spencers, Dixons, Ridleys, Muellers, Johnsons, Hughes etc to follow. Neitz was a great player in his generation.

Well, they won five flags in six years from 55 to 60. Maybe they had some good players then.

I will give you top 5 in the last 40 years but Smith, Barassi, Flower, Stynes are all ahead of him to start, with all the Cordners, Spencers, Dixons, Ridleys, Muellers, Johnsons, Hughes etc to follow. Neitz was a great player in his generation.

Holds the game record and captained for 8 years, would have been a worthy FF or CHB for any of our Premiership sides surely.

As blasphemous as most will probably think this is - Neitz is above Stynes (on field that is).

Oh and SSF, you forgot goals record holder mate! The man is a legend :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back