Beckenbauer loses the plot

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues2001

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria.
Other Teams
Carlton
...or maybe he's playing Kevin Sheedy style mindgames with the Poms?

From MX (trashy paper given to you free at Melbourne train stations in case you are wondering):

"German soccer legend Franz Beckenbauer says England's 2001 soccer team is better than the 1966 World Cup winning model. Beckenbauer, a world cup winner as a player and manager said: 'I have never seen a better England team and I have never seen an England team playing better football. They had pace, aggression, movement and skill. It was fantasy football with England on a high. When they scored their third goal they started to play football that would have beaten anyone in the world".

Now come on Franz, the German team at the moment are the worst in about 70 damn years - they weren't exactly playing the world champions. You really think the Poms are that good?? Puulease!

If the Poms win next year's world cup I'll buy Goalden Hawk an England shirt with Beckham on the back!

Originally posted by Blues2001
[B
If the Poms win next year's world cup I'll buy Goalden Hawk an England shirt with Beckham on the back! [/B]

If you buy me that piece of white crap I will use it as toilet paper and then set it alight!

I wouldn't worry about the Poms - there is no chance of them winning next year. If they win I will change my avatar to an Everton logo for a month!

Re: Re: Beckenbauer loses the plot

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk

If you buy me that piece of white crap I will use it as toilet paper and then set it alight!

I wouldn't worry about the Poms - there is no chance of them winning next year. If they win I will change my avatar to an Everton logo for a month!

Couldn't be any worse than the one you have now!;) :p

Don't write us off we're not that sh1t!

Now you can't argue with the Kaiser!......really I wouldnt' make us favourites for the WC or say oh yeah we're going to win it but I tell you we're a chance & there's only a handful of sides that you can say that about at the moment.France, Argentina, Italy,Spain definitely & perhaps Portugal,& Brazil if they get their act together.
The French won't have played a genuinely competitive fixture for years when they start the WC & that could really count against them.England will receive masses of support in Japan/Korea because those dudes just love English football & all support English clubs.The next WC has maybe come to early for England as if you look at our side against Germany the oldest outfield player was 27 but we've got loads of good young players coming through as at last our palyers are being coached properly ie how to pass the ball properly & control it! if you add that to the typical English football qualities of good team spirit, good fitness & a never say die attitude & commitment thenI reckon we could be genuine contenders come 2006 but you never know for 2002.....I'm hoping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back