Preview Bedrock, Borders & Bouncy Castles - A Day At Optus - Rd 5, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reid-McLean-McDonald forward line is the set-up that got us started last year and did a number on Brisbane and then Richmond in the opening month. Reid's a year older, but the other two are a year more experienced, and also without a walking mattress in McGovern to contend with.

Potential to knock up a big score here but the midfield needs to get its s**t together ASAP.

The Reid-McLean-McDonald forward line is the set-up that got us started last year and did a number on Brisbane and then Richmond in the opening month. Reid's a year older, but the other two are a year more experienced, and also without a walking mattress in McGovern to contend with.

Potential to knock up a big score here but the midfield needs to get its s**t together ASAP.
I thought Reid was pretty much all over red rover.
His selection surprised me (McLean/Amartey) as I thought they were looking to the future.
I thought his game was OK. I'm never confident on his marking or goal kicking. But OK.
I think Reid could be better than either of Amartey or McLean or a useful cut out with a combination with either.

On JPK, do people agree he would be the ideal sub?
No. Give it to Stephens. I'd imagine JPK if he travelled, is there in case Parker, Mills, Rowy are a late out. It'd be pretty weird to say you're "managing" a former captain, stalwart, then just playing him as the sub where he might play almost a full game. More there in case of an actual emergency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We spent 15 out of 23 weeks in sixth place last year. We've spent 3 out of 4 weeks so far this year in sixth place. Needless to say I am ******* sick of being in sixth place. Please smash them Sydney
That is the difference between you and Horse. He focusses on the now and the process and you focus on the outcomes. You will probably never be a successful coach at the Swans.:)

That is the difference between you and Horse. He focusses on the now and the process and you focus on the outcomes. You will probably never be a successful coach at the Swans.:)

Could've told me this last week, already submitted my application :(

No. Give it to Stephens. I'd imagine JPK if he travelled, is there in case Parker, Mills, Rowy are a late out. It'd be pretty weird to say you're "managing" a former captain, stalwart, then just playing him as the sub where he might play almost a full game. More there in case of an actual emergency.
Have no confidence in stephens coming off the bench and making an impact. Would rather JPK at this stage any day. Stephens has showed nor proven anything thus far. Needs a solid stint in the twos to work on his role and build some ability to impose himself. He's on the right track tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back