Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh I see, it's the same as mine minus the finger guard. Yeah it'll probably be a bit tough but you should be able to do it from the bottom with a business card or similar as it'll be more flexible.
My zoo to drill is also not as high torque as I thought it would be. It grabs and then speeds up too much as soon as I pull the trigger the slightest bit more

My zoo to drill is also not as high torque as I thought it would be. It grabs and then speeds up too much as soon as I pull the trigger the slightest bit more

That shouldn't matter though - speed you mill at shouldn't affect the quality of the crush it would only be dependent on the width of the rollers.

My IPA has been a bit interesting. Pitched it last Saturday at 1.063 SG and by Thursday it had slowed to a crawl at 1.021. Target is 1.014 so thought I'd start the d-rest and moved it up to 22 degrees and within 24hrs it had picked up a heap, dry hopped it yesterday and this morning it's down to 1.010. 🤪

So a couple of questions gents.

Firstly, do you keep your CO2 tanks in your fridges? I've heard it's not ideal for the regulators, but I don't like the space it leaves in the back of the kegerator when it's in the bracket. Also my cats are campaigners and will chew that hose off within seconds of it being left unattended so should prefer to have all the hosing inside the fridge itself.

Second, is bought a manifold this morning, do you think it's going to be sturdy enough to hang it with some decent double sided tape? Prefer not to be drilling holes inside the fridge just yet.

Also grabbed the no return valve so almost all set. Had some trouble with the basic disconnects with my mini keg so will pick up some steel ones with each keg I add to keep it sturdier.

Thanks

So a couple of questions gents.

Firstly, do you keep your CO2 tanks in your fridges? I've heard it's not ideal for the regulators, but I don't like the space it leaves in the back of the kegerator when it's in the bracket. Also my cats are campaigners and will chew that hose off within seconds of it being left unattended so should prefer to have all the hosing inside the fridge itself.

Second, is bought a manifold this morning, do you think it's going to be sturdy enough to hang it with some decent double sided tape? Prefer not to be drilling holes inside the fridge just yet.

Also grabbed the no return valve so almost all set. Had some trouble with the basic disconnects with my mini keg so will pick up some steel ones with each keg I add to keep it sturdier.

Thanks

You can fit all 3 gas lines through the hole in the back of the fridge and then cable tie your manifold to the little stainless railing around the top of the fridge so you have easier access to turn the taps on and off (without having to open the fridge door to do so)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So spent a bit of time on the kegerator on Sunday; set up the CO2 bottle and regulator, tested and installed the manifold and attached some hoses and bought some bits and pieces. Then decided to set up the taps and tower. Spent about 45 mins trying to get it to work, sweating my box off and cursing myself for being a moron and being so bad at manual labour related activities then eventually breaking one of the plastic quick connects. Keeping in mind I was following a printout of the instructions from the website, decided to have a squizz at the video from the website. Turns out the campaigners have given me a tower that's been fabricated upside down! For *s sake!

My IPA has been a bit interesting. Pitched it last Saturday at 1.063 SG and by Thursday it had slowed to a crawl at 1.021. Target is 1.014 so thought I'd start the d-rest and moved it up to 22 degrees and within 24hrs it had picked up a heap, dry hopped it yesterday and this morning it's down to 1.010. 🤪
Dry hopping can prompt refermentation apparently due to sugars and enzymes in the hops

Dry hopping can prompt refermentation apparently due to sugars and enzymes in the hops

Appears to have settled at 1.007. A nice 7.5% IPA. Didn't want it that strong as I'll get s**t faced off 2 pints.

Man your beers always attenuate so much. What yeast was that?

It's starting to get a bit annoying. Like the Kolsch was 1.1% higher than it was supposed to be and it's too boozey for the style.

American Ale II for this one with a 1L starter.

I did a 2L starter for the Dubbel I'm doing Saturday, hoping this doesn't over-attenuate too as I'd rather not have a 9% beer that I can only have one of.

It's starting to get a bit annoying. Like the Kolsch was 1.1% higher than it was supposed to be and it's too boozey for the style.

American Ale II for this one with a 1L starter.

I did a 2L starter for the Dubbel I'm doing Saturday, hoping this doesn't over-attenuate too as I'd rather not have a 9% beer that I can only have one of.
At least it’ll suit the style for the Belgian though.

interesting stuff. Never tried American Ale 2.

Wonder if you’re mashing super low without realising because of dodgy thermometers, or if it’s just a coincidence

At least it’ll suit the style for the Belgian though.

interesting stuff. Never tried American Ale 2.

Wonder if you’re mashing super low without realising because of dodgy thermometers, or if it’s just a coincidence

Found AA II gives off much fruitier flavours. Prefer it to the standard.

Yeah I've cross checked my thermometers for the actual mash/brew and they're okay.

It could be my temp controller thermometer fermenting at a higher temp causing a more rigorous fermentation?

Speaking of the Dubbel, recipe calls for 340g candi syrup, packet is 450g. Reckon I should just dump it all in?

Found AA II gives off much fruitier flavours. Prefer it to the standard.

Yeah I've cross checked my thermometers for the actual mash/brew and they're okay.

It could be my temp controller thermometer fermenting at a higher temp causing a more rigorous fermentation?

Speaking of the Dubbel, recipe calls for 340g candi syrup, packet is 450g. Reckon I should just dump it all in?
Definitely dump it all in. I’ve seen Belgian dark recipes ask for a kilo of the stuff so that will be fine

Back