• Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hefe is banging as well. Also I think they do a pretty baller Dunkel

They've got some awesome obscure ones like Vitus and Korbinian that are amazing. Their Helles is *en great too. I don't think they do a Kolsch which must be from a different state of Germania.

But their Pils, never fails to hit the thirst spot. Could down one in under 2 minutes and still not feel like I rushed it. 😛

They've got some awesome obscure ones like Vitus and Korbinian that are amazing. Their Helles is fu**en great too. I don't think they do a Kolsch which must be from a different state of Germania.

But their Pils, never fails to hit the thirst spot. Could down one in under 2 minutes and still not feel like I rushed it. 😛
Kolsch is from Köln (aka Cologne) which is opposite side of the country toward Belgium/Netherlands

Kolsch is from Köln (aka Cologne) which is opposite side of the country toward Belgium/Netherlands

I expected as much, just thought they may have been a big enough brewery to add them to their line-up.

I expected as much, just thought they may have been a big enough brewery to add them to their line-up.
Yeah true. I suspect it’s a bit sensitive over there - like there’s laws about whether you can call something Kolsch unless its brewed within the city, sort of like Champagne vs sparkling wine, etc.

They’d probably be more interested in maintaining the whole Bavarian brand dominance thing

Yeah true. I suspect it’s a bit sensitive over there - like there’s laws about whether you can call something Kolsch unless its brewed within the city, sort of like Champagne vs sparkling wine, etc.

They’d probably be more interested in maintaining the whole Bavarian brand dominance thing

Too far etc

Dropped into Dans yesterday on the way home with a plan to pick up a Weinstephaner Pils but went with something different instead- partly because I hadn't tried and partly because I'm a sucker for a swing top.
Very nice drop. The Pommy ESB was decent too. pil.jpg

With your return, or prematurely when knowing you'll get a return. I don't think you can write off a fridge as WFH, but maybe your tax man is better than mine 😁
Haha nah that’s what I assumed too. I don’t know, if people are using footy fines to save on tax, then who knows what’s going on out there.

I should hopefully get some cash back so I’ll either spend on this or a flash guitar

Or both

Haha nah that’s what I assumed too. I don’t know, if people are using footy fines to save on tax, then who knows what’s going on out there.

I should hopefully get some cash back so I’ll either spend on this or a flash guitar

Or both

I bet you've already got several flash guitars. How many flash beer dispensers have you got?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brew day tomorrow. Trying out Wyeast 3726 farmhouse ale for the first time. Meant to go alright.

Saison was on the line today, now it's saison over after that result. I trust yours went better?

Saison was on the line today, now it's saison over after that result. I trust yours went better?
It went ok but I think I underweighed my grain because it seemed to not fill my malt pipe very much and my gravity wasn’t great. But I worked through it and just downsized a bit.

My mill is a pain in the ass. Or the drill. I can’t work out which. I hope it’s not the mill because I paid $200 for it but it really seems to struggle with wheat so much so I had to completely wrestle the drill and the mill at the same time so it wouldn’t jump off

It went ok but I think I underweighed my grain because it seemed to not fill my malt pipe very much and my gravity wasn’t great. But I worked through it and just downsized a bit.

My mill is a pain in the ass. Or the drill. I can’t work out which. I hope it’s not the mill because I paid $200 for it but it really seems to struggle with wheat so much so I had to completely wrestle the drill and the mill at the same time so it wouldn’t jump off

Weird. When toy say struggle do the rollers jam up when trying to crush wheat malt?

Have you tried with the crank instead of your drill?
It’s a pretty s**t crank. The way it joins the shaft is a shitty screw that just slips. I will try attach it another way and test it. Or I’ll borrow a mill and compare

Saison is fermenting away beautifully though in the meantime

It’s a pretty sh*t crank. The way it joins the shaft is a shitty screw that just slips. I will try attach it another way and test it. Or I’ll borrow a mill and compare

Saison is fermenting away beautifully though in the meantime

The screw on mine snapped off in it when I assembled it. 😂 I'll have to drill it out if I ever want to take it off but it works fine. Pretty certain we have the same one so must be part of the shitty construction.

Well Saison is back on track and that's most important.

So out of nowhere, Townsville has managed to find itself in a 3 day lockdown. So Im joining my Perth brethren in a brewing extravaganza under the guise of "working from home".
A Kolsch first off the rank tomorrow, then a Hefe on Thursday and might pitch a Kviek #10 strain Ive been hording at a cube of pale ale.

Back