Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome. I was in the Vic alpine region a couple of weeks ago and drove past the massive HPA hop farms that they have setup in Myrtleford. Hectare after hectare of hop bines strung up about 3 metres tall. You can imagine they were probably all Galaxy too!

It's a really cool plant to grow and they look amazing at the moment.

Kegged my tea and rice lager last week and "cleared some headspace" last night. Really clear and bright so far - can read through it right now. Tea flavour is subtle and the Slippy Nelson dry hop proved a winner as it's more pronounce now. Need to control myself for another 3 weeks at least to get it to being ideal which is gonna be tough!

Brewing a Schwarzbier on Saturday and want to leave it for 3 months from brew to drink at least. Then picking up the ingredients for an IPA next week. After that a guava and apricot sour (with the Philly yeast) and then a Belgian dark strong - both into bottles. Want a nice full fridge for the colder months whilst I refuse to mingle with the public.

Regarding my above plans for the coming months; I haven't been drinking very much lately and have been spending a bit of time writing up recipes including the water additions, just did my 15th and will probably leave it there - need to find something to bury my head in when not drinking - so I guess designing drinks seems to distract me okay! 😐

Kegged my tea and rice lager last week and "cleared some headspace" last night. Really clear and bright so far - can read through it right now. Tea flavour is subtle and the Slippy Nelson dry hop proved a winner as it's more pronounce now. Need to control myself for another 3 weeks at least to get it to being ideal which is gonna be tough!

Brewing a Schwarzbier on Saturday and want to leave it for 3 months from brew to drink at least. Then picking up the ingredients for an IPA next week. After that a guava and apricot sour (with the Philly yeast) and then a Belgian dark strong - both into bottles. Want a nice full fridge for the colder months whilst I refuse to mingle with the public.
That’s sick. Are you doing feb fast? Sounds like you’ll have some great options when you get started again.

My Baltic porter is getting kegged tomorrow. Been in the fermenter for a few weeks now - first at room temp for 3 weeks and then in the fridge for another couple. It’s tasting ducking good.

That’s sick. Are you doing feb fast? Sounds like you’ll have some great options when you get started again.

My Baltic porter is getting kegged tomorrow. Been in the fermenter for a few weeks now - first at room temp for 3 weeks and then in the fridge for another couple. It’s tasting ducking good.

Nah just backed off a bit after too much over Christmas. Was it an imperial porter? If so a keg sounds dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a Baltic porter so they’re normally 7-9%. Mine is about 8.5%.

It’ll last a while in the keg. But this way it’ll be lagered for ages.

Will be great to have on hand over the winter months.

You boys ever resealed a fridge? My kitchen fridge is begging to be the new beer fridge, but I think the seals are shagging out. It's about 10 years old. Don't wanna repurpose it if it's gonna chew up power.

Can't be hard to do, right?

You boys ever resealed a fridge? My kitchen fridge is begging to be the new beer fridge, but I think the seals are shagging out. It's about 10 years old. Don't wanna repurpose it if it's gonna chew up power.

Can't be hard to do, right?

I reckon you could do it easy.

Back