Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You boys ever resealed a fridge? My kitchen fridge is begging to be the new beer fridge, but I think the seals are shagging out. It's about 10 years old. Don't wanna repurpose it if it's gonna chew up power.

Can't be hard to do, right?
Never done it but keen to hear how you go because it’s a common issue.

You got a Brewzilla, Spacey?
I’ve got a robobrew v3

The new brewzillas look pretty intriguing. Sounds like they’ve fixed some of the bugbear issues. But they’re a fair bit pricier. Wouldn’t mind a 65L but ****ed if I’ll ever get 3 phase power

I’ve got a robobrew v3

The new brewzillas look pretty intriguing. Sounds like they’ve fixed some of the bugbear issues. But they’re a fair bit pricier. Wouldn’t mind a 65L but f’ed if I’ll ever get 3 phase power

Pricier? Whoa, I thought they were cheap. Maybe my mind keeps circling back to Grain Father pricing.

I thought you could run a 65L with 10A or 15A? 🤔 Dunno, had a lot of beers on the weekend but the boys were talking about them and I started googling today. They look pretty cool.

Pricier? Whoa, I thought they were cheap. Maybe my mind keeps circling back to Grain Father pricing.

I thought you could run a 65L with 10A or 15A? 🤔 Dunno, had a lot of beers on the weekend but the boys were talking about them and I started googling today. They look pretty cool.
I think the new 35L is $600 whereas I got mine for about $380 when it came IIRC. They have way more features now though.

Yeah you’re probably right re 15A - I assumed you needed some additional electrician work if you want it to reach max wattage anyway.

I think $600 is prob still worth it, especially if you can reuse your old urn as a sparge heater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the new 35L is $600 whereas I got mine for about $380 when it came IIRC. They have way more features now though.

Yeah you’re probably right re 15A - I assumed you needed some additional electrician work if you want it to reach max wattage anyway.

I think $600 is prob still worth it, especially if you can reuse your old urn as a sparge heater

I'm pretty sure it's just a 15A pin, you can run them on your normal power points but if you have anything else running it can trip the power.

I'm pretty sure it's just a 15A pin, you can run them on your normal power points but if you have anything else running it can trip the power.
Right. That’s good to know. Maybe I was reading posts from US users with their shitty low voltage

Tested the Schwarzbier today, at 1.015 and tasting roasty AF whilst still being smashable. Upped to 15 for the D-rest and start rolling into the final steps.
Sounds good mate but roasty a.f. isnt really a descriptor you should be looking for in a Schwartz. What dark malts did you use?

Perhaps a poor description by me?

Carafa T2 and chocolate
Sounds about right. I guess I usually associate roastiness with roast bitterness and astringency from RB, black malt and the like.

Thinking of doing a partigyle soon for a Baltic Porter for our August comp. The small beer will be a type of schwarz and will be used to build the massive starter for the Baltic Porter to go onto.

Back