Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The place you got that in Gero is the only craft beer shop I could find up there upon last visit. War Hog is due for National distribution, Perth Local (lager) will remain WA only.

Did you head to Caboose? Id be keen to hear what you think. Yet to go there myself.

Just ordered a Mangrove Jacks stainless fermenter and got a pouch of fresh lacto incoming next week. Just need to buy a pH meter and Im on my way to sour beer town.

Im a little stumped on how to hold the kettle sour at 40°. Thinking I might plug my fridge temp controller into the urn and set it to 40° so it cycles on and off that way - insulated with towels and a sleeping bag so it doesnt kick on and off to often.

If it had better handles I could set up the urn inside my fermenting fridge to kick on and off that way, though it could be fraught with danger.

Once its soured up Ill be fermenting with 05 then racking onto fruit for a couple of months.
Yeah sweet. Would like to know what recipe you use. I didn't realise you had to ferment the lacto at such high temps. Might just use my heat pad when I try

Didn't go to Caboose. Went to the Scotto a couple of tims but wasn't too fussed about trying Caboose. My mates weren't too keen to pay more for beer, and the Scotto had pints of Sly Fox for $8 and HH for $10

I kind of felt sad that the Velvet Lounge was no more.

Used to like going to/playing gigs there, even if it was a bit of a hole. Can see why they are now using it as a craft bar.

Was staying close to Refuge in Subi but the campaigners were closed until this week.

As you would all know, when it comes to Beer im just a fan and not obsessed like you mob. I usually drink Coopers pale or sparkling ale (if i have a bit of cash to spend) or steal dads beers (asahi, saporo, tiger). However, i've started gyming and trying to lose weight ( all those vodka raspberries/cranberries have made me obese) so im after a good low carb beer that tastes good and probably wont break the bank cause im broke (hence the reason to stealing dads beers).

Edit: Actually is Coopers Clear available in perth? used to drink it a fair bit when i used to go to uni in adelaide.

Last edited:
As you would all know, when it comes to Beer im just a fan and not obsessed like you mob. I usually drink Coopers pale or sparkling ale (if i have a bit of cash to spend) or steal dads beers (asahi, saporo, tiger). However, i've started gyming and trying to lose weight ( all those vodka raspberries/cranberries have made me obese) so im after a good low carb beer that tastes good and probably wont break the bank cause im broke (hence the reason to stealing dads beers).

Edit: Actually is Coopers Clear available in perth? used to drink it a fair bit when i used to go to uni in adelaide.
Coopers Clear is evil.
I'd say anything in a green bottle will do.

i dunno i get into shitty beer. I used to hate carlton dry ( bought it cause it was the cheapest option) and would gag at times but now i have no issue.
The problem with beer is that low carb means low flavour. It's the unfermented carbs left in the beer by the yeast that make up the majority of the flavour.

The alcohol and the amount of sugars consumed by the yeast are what give you your strength and 'thickness' of the beer.
Another reason low carb beers taste like nothing.

Pretty sure the low carb thing is a bit of a scam anyway right? Just like the ads that say 99% sugar free beer....yeah cane sugar perhaps, but still has shitloads of malt sugar.

So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bite the bullet and get one of these:

http://kegking.com.au/35l-robobrew-with-pump.html

Only problem is it's almost $200 more than the standard Robobrew.... so I'm wondering whether the new features are worth the extra dough

I read something recently that the difference in sugar between a Pure Blonde and Heineken is like 1.1g. Its all gimmicky bullshit.

Vodka lime and soda is the gym nuts beverage of choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bite the bullet and get one of these:

http://kegking.com.au/35l-robobrew-with-pump.html

Only problem is it's almost $200 more than the standard Robobrew.... so I'm wondering whether the new features are worth the extra dough

Price one up from Bulkbrewing Supplies - or find Andrew Bulkbrewing on FB. He sells this sorta stuff near cost. But they are a wicked bit of kit man. Id get the latest and greatest version. Youll grow into it for sure. Thats why I jumped straight past extract as although Id never brewed, I had a fair bit of knowledge on it that I knew Id get bored with extracts pretty quick

I read something recently that the difference in sugar between a Pure Blonde and Heineken is like 1.1g. Its all gimmicky bullshit.

Vodka lime and soda is the gym nuts beverage of choice.
This come as a surprise but I'm not a huge fan of vodka mixers as I used to. The last time I seriously drank was Nye and that night I drank Jacks and did loads of tequila but for me a I need a cold beer when you chill with mates or have people over.
I'm no beer expert but are there any good full strength beers healthier than others?

Price one up from Bulkbrewing Supplies - or find Andrew Bulkbrewing on FB. He sells this sorta stuff near cost. But they are a wicked bit of kit man. Id get the latest and greatest version. Youll grow into it for sure. Thats why I jumped straight past extract as although Id never brewed, I had a fair bit of knowledge on it that I knew Id get bored with extracts pretty quick
I think Bulkbrewing Supplies is in Perth and they won't ship these over east unfort. I think that's who I bought some bulk hops from once and one of the vacuum seals was broken.

Yeah I think I'm most keen on the fact that the new Robo has an inbuilt 'stand' for holding up the malt pipe, which appeals to me cos I was getting concerned about having to devise a pulley system in my rental's kitchen for BIAB.

Do you reckon recirculating during mashing is important? The new more expensive Robobrew has a pump to facilitate this but with reading about BIAB, recirculation is not usually discussed.

I'm trying to use my smoker for the first time,unsuccessfully I think.on the wild yak pacific ales now

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I have a Weber Smokey Mountain. Such a great piece of equipment. Did 2 brisket's and a pork shoulder over Christmas.

In beery news, had 4 cans of Focal Banger arrive yesterday. Had the Heady Topper before and absolutely loved it so can't wait to crack one of these. Also have 2 cans of the Monkish Foggy Window and two cans of the Monkish Deep Concentration in the mail. Never had any Monkish before.

Landed some other great beers over the Christmas period through trades but don't want to make this a dick swinging exercise lol

This come as a surprise but I'm not a huge fan of vodka mixers as I used to. The last time I seriously drank was Nye and that night I drank Jacks and did loads of tequila but for me a I need a cold beer when you chill with mates or have people over.
I'm no beer expert but are there any good full strength beers healthier than others?
Wouldn't be able to tell you. Reckon you'd have to be a full on nutritionist to answer that correctly.

Logic says that the lighter the beer (in body and flavour), the less residual maltose (malt sugar)

So, basically, Corona.

But I'm sure it's not that straight forward.

I have a Weber Smokey Mountain. Such a great piece of equipment. Did 2 brisket's and a pork shoulder over Christmas.

In beery news, had 4 cans of Focal Banger arrive yesterday. Had the Heady Topper before and absolutely loved it so can't wait to crack one of these. Also have 2 cans of the Monkish Foggy Window and two cans of the Monkish Deep Concentration in the mail. Never had any Monkish before.

Landed some other great beers over the Christmas period through trades but don't want to make this a dick swinging exercise lol

Jesus. Monkish!! You are well hooked up man. Super jealous. Post up what else youve got :)

Just googled Focal Banger and saw it was given 100% on ratebeer. Let me know how it tastes! Can you buy it in Melb?

I think Bulkbrewing Supplies is in Perth and they won't ship these over east unfort. I think that's who I bought some bulk hops from once and one of the vacuum seals was broken.

Yeah I think I'm most keen on the fact that the new Robo has an inbuilt 'stand' for holding up the malt pipe, which appeals to me cos I was getting concerned about having to devise a pulley system in my rental's kitchen for BIAB.

Do you reckon recirculating during mashing is important? The new more expensive Robobrew has a pump to facilitate this but with reading about BIAB, recirculation is not usually discussed.

Definitely worth the pump for recirc. Ive been toying with the idea of adding a pump to my urn to recirc for nice clear, grain filtered wort. But Im mindful of "polishing a turd" so as Ive eluded to before I might just build everything from scratch.

Whats the cost of the RB from Vic? I can try to price one up thru Andrew, just not sure how to get a good freight estimate to post it over to you. It may save money, it may not.

Just googled a little further and realised there's no chance in hell its being sold here haha

Definitely worth the pump for recirc. Ive been toying with the idea of adding a pump to my urn to recirc for nice clear, grain filtered wort. But Im mindful of "polishing a turd" so as Ive eluded to before I might just build everything from scratch.

Whats the cost of the RB from Vic? I can try to price one up thru Andrew, just not sure how to get a good freight estimate to post it over to you. It may save money, it may not.
The new RB has pretty much only just come out last fortnight and I think is only for sale from the KegKing site. $599.

Will keep an eye on retailers' prices to see if there's any potential savings. Might just bite the bullet and buy from KK

Wouldn't be able to tell you. Reckon you'd have to be a full on nutritionist to answer that correctly.

Logic says that the lighter the beer (in body and flavour), the less residual maltose (malt sugar)

So, basically, Corona.

But I'm sure it's not that straight forward.
Yeah FK it. Just eat clean throughout the week and let lose on the beers on the weekend.

Yeah FK it. Just eat clean throughout the week and let lose on the beers on the weekend.
I would definitely recommend the tastiest possible beers for the sake of your mental and emotional health.

Back