Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I asked this same question at the start of this thread... I don't reckon i could ever be stuffed with kegging until I'm living in a larger house and have more space, which given i'm in Melbourne is pretty unlikely.

It's the cleaning of the bottles that would be the biggest advantage i reckon
Plus if he have an off flavour from a fermenter sample you can cold crash the beer for a few days. Rack to a keg. Force carb it and smash it.
By not bottle conditioning to produce C02 you don't feed the infection and instead chilling it turns off all fermentation and the by products/off tastes cause from it.

What's the dealio with these mini kegs? Will they be the small bodied inside space saving solution i've been looking for?

Normal post mix soft drink kegs were 18L
Those ones are 9L with the same diameter, connections, lid etc just shorter.

Look up keg king and their range of kegs and kegerators and try not to spend too much.

Normal post mix soft drink kegs were 18L
Those ones are 9L with the same diameter, connections, lid etc just shorter.

Look up keg king and their range of kegs and kegerators and try not to spend too much.
Yeah these Beerkat ones are like 1-3L. I like the idea of bottling most and having a keg that I can keep in the fridge to tide me over while i wait for the bottles to carb up. But it could also just be another way of draining my bank accout

I asked this same question at the start of this thread... I don't reckon i could ever be stuffed with kegging until I'm living in a larger house and have more space, which given i'm in Melbourne is pretty unlikely.

It's the cleaning of the bottles that would be the biggest advantage i reckon

I'm thinking a mixture of both with a smaller keg available.

Nah **** that bro.

1. Rack pre chilled beer to keg from frementer.
2. Send gas through a beer out disconnect and beer out post at 300kpa
3. Roll keg around with the gas on for a minute or so
4. Go have a wank over Shueys clutch goal
5. Bleed excess pressure from keg.
6. Hook up tap and enjoy
7. Repeat step 4

Apart from number 4 I didn't understand any of that. I haven't researched anything on kegs yet though.

Yeah these Beerkat ones are like 1-3L. I like the idea of bottling most and having a keg that I can keep in the fridge to tide me over while i wait for the bottles to carb up. But it could also just be another way of draining my bank accout

My Beerkat is 5L. Whilst you can carb the beer using the co2 canisters I wouldn't. You'll burn through them. Either get the sodastream adapter and co2 bottle or keg condition - in which you'll be waiting as long as you do for bottles

My Beerkat is 5L. Whilst you can carb the beer using the co2 canisters I wouldn't. You'll burn through them. Either get the sodastream adapter and co2 bottle or keg condition - in which you'll be waiting as long as you do for bottles

Is there huge difference between bottle and keg conditioning?

Bottled a coopers pale ale last night, giving it a 1 day test. Very bloody pale, refreshing, light body and fruity. Not bad!

Cascade, mosaic and galaxy on brew day and galaxy and mosaic on day 4, bottled on day 6

View attachment 414751

If you can leave the beer on the yeast for 2 weeks you'll notice some improvements I reckon. Whilst you hit terminal gravity quickly, the yeast continues to clean up after the jobs done and that gets rid of the off flavours which are by products of the fermentation process, such as diacetyl

Yeah i leave all of mine in the FV for 2 weeks at least.

Couldn't imagine bottling after 6 days and tasting after 7! haha

Everything i've read points to improvements from being a little more patient but I haven't A/B'd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda glad I did a bit more research on the false bottom I've got. Didn't know that you had to connect a pipe to the valve. Could've been really ****en messy. :$
You know what you need friend, even more than a sloppy blowjob from a toothless grannie??

Attend a brew day.
Someone please host the poor robot

Absolutely invaluable
A picture speaks a thousand words and all that...

You know what you need friend, even more than a sloppy blowjob from a toothless grannie??

Attend a brew day.
Someone please host the poor robot

Absolutely invaluable
A picture speaks a thousand words and all that...

Haha, I don't doubt that's a great idea.

The false bottom thing just threw me due to the ones that you can get that have legs underneath them, but couldn't work out how a domed version would work the same way. Remember when I said I struggle to hang pictures in my house?

Think I'm going pretty good now, just finished Palmer's How to Brew and feel pretty confident in the absolute basics. Got a couple more books to read and found a site that has some courses on it too. But yeah nothing quite compares to hands on experience.

Plus I'll just keep bugging you for advice too. :)

Haha, I don't doubt that's a great idea.

The false bottom thing just threw me due to the ones that you can get that have legs underneath them, but couldn't work out how a domed version would work the same way. Remember when I said I struggle to hang pictures in my house?

Think I'm going pretty good now, just finished Palmer's How to Brew and feel pretty confident in the absolute basics. Got a couple more books to read and found a site that has some courses on it too. But yeah nothing quite compares to hands on experience.

Plus I'll just keep bugging you for advice too. :)

My advice is to enjoy that blowjob :eek::D

If you can leave the beer on the yeast for 2 weeks you'll notice some improvements I reckon. Whilst you hit terminal gravity quickly, the yeast continues to clean up after the jobs done and that gets rid of the off flavours which are by products of the fermentation process, such as diacetyl
Done, going to give this a shot.

Put down a Coopers Brew A IPA with 1kg of DME and 250g of dextrose in 18L batch, OG 1.05

Will dry hop with mosaic in a couple of weeks

Have only just discovered this thread. Been looking at getting into home brewing. No real experience (besides drinking beer). Helped a mate do a brew in a bag in a keg once... thats about it. But been reading and researching a bit.

Have a smallish bar fridge that we hardly ever use that should be able to fit a 30-40L fermentor inside. Looking to get a ITC-308S for temp control.
Just going to bottle and cap for now. Can probably even borrow a capping machine from mate to start with.
Looking at the Robobrew with pump. Anyone had much experience with this? For the price it seems amazing. Youtube reviews all look very positive.

After that would just basically need all the small things - sanitizer, cleaning products, bottle caps (already been collecting my old bottles). Then the actual grain, hops and yeast. Anything I am missing here?

Then would just want to start with a fairly simple ale to begin with. Love my pale ales and IPA's so would like to start to work up towards IPA's and adding more and more hops. But first things first, any recommendations for a nice simple easy beer to start on?

Back