Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just completing my order now for a raspberry Belgian golden ale that I’m making on the weekend. Should be a red ale of a different kind. Pretty pumped - might even do it tomorrow if I have time

That will be pretty decent I reckon. I've had a raspberry and mango tripel before which was a total game changer

Will get that grain bill off you for that red when you get a chance DanWCE, still building my nanobrewery - having one kid in private school and one kid in daycare has severely limited the old expenditure for myself at the moment, somethings (or similar) you'll probably find out soon enough. :)

Will get that grain bill off you for that red when you get a chance DanWCE, still building my nanobrewery - having one kid in private school and one kid in daycare has severely limited the old expenditure for myself at the moment, somethings (or similar) you'll probably find out soon enough. :)

Indeed I will mate! Wife is booked to be induced on Thursday if he doesn't find his own way here. Running out of the good stuff now and tracking at 3.6kg. Not bad for the first sprog. Gonna be a KPF.

Indeed I will mate! Wife is booked to be induced on Thursday if he doesn't find his own way here. Running out of the good stuff now and tracking at 3.6kg. Not bad for the first sprog. Gonna be a KPF.

Excellent! Hope it all goes according to plan.

Here's something that multiple people said to me; it's the greatest day of your life.

It wasn't for me, I'd been awake for 36 hours, was exhausted and paranoid and watched my wife go through the greatest pain of her life just to hold the most fragile thing on the planet.

But... In the end it was the (on par with the second child and my wedding day) as the greatest event in my life. Amazing moments ahead, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. :)

Overnight, flat the next day. Then transfer into a 2L PET bottle and re carb if by some miracle there's some leftover.

Cheers. Will have to drink it all that night if I get it filled.

I ended up getting a 1L growler from Cellarbrations Carlisle yesterday arvo instead. About 3 beers in an evening is close to perfect for me; get a light buzz and won't stack on the gut when compared to the 2L. Plus I find with most craft beers their flavours are best enjoyed in small doses.

I ended up getting a 1L growler from Cellarbrations Carlisle yesterday arvo instead. About 3 beers in an evening is close to perfect for me; get a light buzz and won't stack on the gut when compared to the 2L. Plus I find with most craft beers their flavours are best enjoyed in small doses.

The 1L vessels are called a squeeler :cool:

Handy to have though, especially if you follow them on FB. Leave it in the car and when they tap something you like just swing on by.

The best part about Carlisle is they use a Pegus system which purges with co2 first. Means the beer will stay in good condition longer.

The 1L vessels are called a squeeler :cool:

Handy to have though, especially if you follow them on FB. Leave it in the car and when they tap something you like just swing on by.

The best part about Carlisle is they use a Pegus system which purges with co2 first. Means the beer will stay in good condition longer.

Squealer is probably more apt for me going for bitch size to be honest. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did my first all grain batch yesterday.

12L batch size made it easier to do with my tiny BIAB system and also it has 500g of sugar because it's a belgian (so not really all grain, i guess...).

Can't ******* wait to taste it.

Swear this is the last time i ever tip wort from a stock pot through a strainer into my fermenter though. Always seem to make a mess. Need to invest in a tap for that cheap aluminum pot

Did my first all grain batch yesterday.

12L batch size made it easier to do with my tiny BIAB system and also it has 500g of sugar because it's a belgian (so not really all grain, i guess...).

Can't ******* wait to taste it.

Swear this is the last time i ever tip wort from a stock pot through a strainer into my fermenter though. Always seem to make a mess. Need to invest in a tap for that cheap aluminum pot

What did you do to chill the wort?

Back