Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Citra Smash, 3 weeks in the bottle, still no carbonation (something definitely went wrong with the coopers carbonation drops)

Initially I was put off by the dankness of the citra hops but there is something seriously captivating about this brew a few weeks in. I would be adding way more bittering addition compared to the original recipe, this is a very powerful hop, way more than the likes of cascade or even mosaic, especially in the quantities I used for whirlpool/steeping.

BJCP style guide - IPA, 5.5+%
Style comparisons - War Hog

Would 100% brew again

IMG_2310.JPG

Being absolutely tanked off homebrew and listening to MTV Unplugged Nirvana from 1993 is pretty awesome, highly recommend
I used to love Bleach when I was a youngster

Cascade/Mosaic pale ale - easily one of the best combos I've tried, I need to pull up beer smith but I think I used magnum for bittering and a little DME in this brew.

Excellent combo, this would be my go to pale ale hop combo

View attachment 539891
Cascade is good with everything. Looks delicious

Citra Smash, 3 weeks in the bottle, still no carbonation (something definitely went wrong with the coopers carbonation drops)

Initially I was put off by the dankness of the citra hops but there is something seriously captivating about this brew a few weeks in. I would be adding way more bittering addition compared to the original recipe, this is a very powerful hop, way more than the likes of cascade or even mosaic, especially in the quantities I used for whirlpool/steeping.

BJCP style guide - IPA, 5.5+%
Style comparisons - War Hog

Would 100% brew again

View attachment 539890
Weird. I doubt it was a sugar level issue although you’re not the first person to have issues after using the drops. Is it possible the caps aren’t sealed?

What did you end up ordering?
The orders haven’t gone in yet - we basically put in what we want in 1kg lots, and if they reach the 5 kg quota for each hop variety, then it’s locked in.

There’s a deadline for putting in your nominal orders, and if any of the hop varieties haven’t reached the 5kg quota, then I guess they’ll ask us to pick another variety so they can reach the quota.

I chose Chinook, Citra and Motueka but the Motueka still needs another 2 kg until it reaches the required amount.

Might have to choose another American hop that is closer to 5kg. Maybe Amarillo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_0204.jpg

Well I'm inspired

Bottling the Milkshake IPA and Grapefruit IPA this week and then:

Brews for August coming up

Founders Breakfast Stout clone (this week) having to readjust the recipe to keep it under 6.5%

Next Week

Depends on what stands out at the Beerfest on Friday, most likely something Sierra Nevada, Alesmith, Evil Twin

Spending a lovely afternoon brewing and reading the melts after the Port violation lastnight.
This is a bold IPA that will now be called the Arrogant Campaigner IPA (In Ports Arse).
View attachment 542042
Looks like you have the same hop spider. It’s too fine I reckon but I run my recirc outlet directly into it in my robo while I’m boiling - tends to get the wort flowing through the hops a little better.

What’s your AC IPA recipe?

Back