Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After a couple of months, my 8% coffee oatmeal stout has turned out delicious, but it’s severely undercarbed

Really tempted to start kegging soon...

Just do it, kegging makes homebrew so much better. I pour 3 kegs and can have up to 8 in cold storage carbonating.

Got a NEIPA, IIPA, and Strawberry Gose on tap right now.

Just do it, kegging makes homebrew so much better. I pour 3 kegs and can have up to 8 in cold storage carbonating.

Got a NEIPA, IIPA, and Strawberry Gose on tap right now.
Yeah it’s tempting that’s for sure!

How’s your gose?

What are you brewin these days?

Everyone gone cold on me

I wonder if Bender_ has done a few batches?

My current batch is a split batch amber ale, 9L with wyeast Denny’s Favorite and 9L with wyeast London ESB ale

Bought some cheap fruit today so gonna chuck in 2 mangoes, some blood orange extract and citra dry hop into one FV, 250g blueberries and some black tea into the other

What are you brewin these days?

Everyone gone cold on me

I wonder if Bender_ has done a few batches?

My current batch is a split batch amber ale, 9L with wyeast Denny’s Favorite and 9L with wyeast London ESB ale

Bought some cheap fruit today so gonna chuck in 2 mangoes, some blood orange extract and citra dry hop into one FV, 250g blueberries and some black tea into the other

Yeah Benders been doing a bit of Brewing, he hit me up on FB. I haven't brewed since Riley was born :'( 6 months now

Latest beer - got a fresh wort kit pale cheap through my home brew club and added the tiny bit of leftover grain I had from a stout earlier in the winter.

Turned it into an amber

Split the batch into two 9L fermenters, one with Denny’s Favorite 50 yeast (never tried it before) and one with London ESB yeast.

This is the Denny’s. Dry hopped it with Citra and added some blood orange extract.

2C578E13-EDBB-4919-BA4F-945389DA4B56.jpeg

Tasty

The ESB will be even better, I know that already based on the samples I took before bottling

Mango season has got me thinking about doing a mango IPA. I might have to book a day and double batch it with my grapefruit IPA.

I haven't been overwhelmed with the wort kits at my local unfortunately, and none of my mates have kits big enough to donate me a cube from their brew day

Mango season has got me thinking about doing a mango IPA. I might have to book a day and double batch it with my grapefruit IPA.

I haven't been overwhelmed with the wort kits at my local unfortunately, and none of my mates have kits big enough to donate me a cube from their brew day
I bought 4 mangoes for a buck each recently and considered doing a mango pale but googled it a bit and the consensus was that you need shitloads of fruit to give it the mango hit you want, and that you’re better off dry hopping with tropical hops to get largely the same effect.

Yeah Benders been doing a bit of Brewing, he hit me up on FB. I haven't brewed since Riley was born :'( 6 months now
Id go back and find my post but...I told ya so.

Sucks doesn't it :(
I brewed 2 kit beers and 2 kit ginger beers in 2.5 years since my first was born.

Cleaned out the shed a few months back and plan to get back into it
All my mates in the same situation have bought Robobrews and grainfathers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought 4 mangoes for a buck each recently and considered doing a mango pale but googled it a bit and the consensus was that you need shitloads of fruit to give it the mango hit you want, and that you’re better off dry hopping with tropical hops to get largely the same effect.

I'm thinking Ill add fruit and cold crash so it doesn't ferment out. Then because it'll be in keg it'll stay cold = no bottle bombs.

The grapefruit through the boil and into fermenter holds up nicely but the Mrs is into her essential oils and they do grapefruit and citrus so I'm wondering how they'd go as keg additions to spice up the aroma

Id go back and find my post but...I told ya so.

Sucks doesn't it :(
I brewed 2 kit beers and 2 kit ginger beers in 2.5 years since my first was born.

Cleaned out the shed a few months back and plan to get back into it
All my mates in the same situation have bought Robobrews and grainfathers.

Yeah I kinda figured this day was coming. My wife tells me to go brew as she knows I enjoy it but Id rather spend the time with them on weekends. Now Riley is less of a potato and developing a personality it's fun hanging out with him.

Yeah I kinda figured this day was coming. My wife tells me to go brew as she knows I enjoy it but Id rather spend the time with them on weekends. Now Riley is less of a potato and developing a personality it's fun hanging out with him.
Best age is 6 to 18 months.

Then they turn 2 and they're not so cute :mad:

I'm thinking Ill add fruit and cold crash so it doesn't ferment out. Then because it'll be in keg it'll stay cold = no bottle bombs.

The grapefruit through the boil and into fermenter holds up nicely but the Mrs is into her essential oils and they do grapefruit and citrus so I'm wondering how they'd go as keg additions to spice up the aroma
I added the rind of two oranges to my kolsch last night. Can’t wait to taste

Gose is awesome, I can't get enough of it. Raspberry and passion fruit have been the best, it's hard to get strawberry right.
I made a strawberry saison last year. Was ok but needed more strawb

Passionfruit seems to play with beer pretty reliably.

I reckon I’ve had more uninspiring goses than good ones though

They’re so easy. You don’t even have to do much cleaning!

And not far off the price of buying grain myself. Time is a big thing. I'm looking forward to these.

I've got 250gm of super dank hops plus a sporadic mix of others to use up.

I'll probably try their red IPA next, might just turn that into a Nail like citra bomb.

Back