Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My third saison for the year bottled last night. Tastes so good I was drinking it flat directly from the fermenter. Love this yeast.

Got a 8% stout in the other fermenter currently. I ran out of headroom so I fermented the remaining 2.5L in the flask I use to propagate my yeast

EFCF2072-DDE4-486C-91F4-A51CCF411CE9.jpeg

Worked a treat. Going to experiment with that tiny batch and chuck some cacao and orange peel in it

I had to Google what it was. Does it give you an exact digital hydrometer readout?
Or is there more to them?

Yeah a blue tooth reading basically so you don't have to open your fermenter unnecessarily. I haven't used the app yet but I think it let's you track the fermentation in a bit more depth. Plus temp too.

It's great for me coz I can be a massive stress head and to be able to check it whenever I want without having to * around with taking samples etc is a big plus.

Yeah a blue tooth reading basically so you don't have to open your fermenter unnecessarily. I haven't used the app yet but I think it let's you track the fermentation in a bit more depth.

It's great for me coz I can be a massive stress head and to be able to check it whenever I want without having to **** around with taking samples etc is a big plus.

Losing a liter to hydro tests 🤣🤣🤣

I’m keen to get one but gonna get a new fermenter and some kegging gear first

What type of fermenter you thinking about? A stainless steel one or fermentasaurus?

I think kegging sounds great, though I like drinking regularly I feel like it'll force me to drink it as quickly as possible and I'd rather avoid that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What type of fermenter you thinking about? A stainless steel one or fermentasaurus?

I think kegging sounds great, though I like drinking regularly I feel like it'll force me to drink it as quickly as possible and I'd rather avoid that.
Yeah that’s why I’ve been putting it off but I’m sick of oxidised bottles.

Fermentasaurus mk2 I reckon! Got a few days to wait til they are available again

Just bought myself one of these

Finally were back in stock.

Also got a basic keg and CO2 setup!!

Itshappening.gif

Can't see it coz of the krausen, but it's on the left, tiny black rim amongst the beautiful foam:

_20190704_110958.JPG

Screen shot:

Screenshot_20190704-110649.png

Had already dropped it in before realising it needed the calibration, will sort that before the next batch. Dropped 9 points so far.

Can't see it coz of the krausen, but it's on the left, tiny black rim amongst the beautiful foam:

View attachment 702963

Screen shot:

View attachment 702965

Had already dropped it in before realising it needed the calibration, will sort that before the next batch. Dropped 9 points so far.

I'd never get any work done looking at that! Pretty sure you can set your fridge up into a wifi controller and preset your fermentation schedule so it'll ramp up for diacetyl rest etc. Plus you can log in and adjust temp manually.

Can you imagine. All that for home brew

I'd never get any work done looking at that! Pretty sure you can set your fridge up into a wifi controller and preset your fermentation schedule so it'll ramp up for diacetyl rest etc. Plus you can log in and adjust temp manually.

Can you imagine. All that for home brew

Indeed, funnily enough I was showing my set up to some mates a while back and they were guffawing at how "serious" it was. Had to explain to them it was on the pretty low to mid range of things that are available.

I reckon I’m gonna lay down a batch this weekend with my new fermenter.

Doing dry July so it’ll be the closest I can get to drinking

I reckon I’m gonna lay down a batch this weekend with my new fermenter.

Doing dry July so it’ll be the closest I can get to drinking

Me too. In a low key non-committal way. I chose poorly as work is insane right now and a beer after a BS day usually helps. I told my local to label my "holds" box the sobriety box so he's putting all the cool releases for July in that and I'll go pick it up in August and be spoilt for choice.

Me too. In a low key non-committal way. I chose poorly as work is insane right now and a beer after a BS day usually helps. I told my local to label my "holds" box the sobriety box so he's putting all the cool releases for July in that and I'll go pick it up in August and be spoilt for choice.

So nothing for July then double for August?

Yeah you can’t go past a drink after a stressful day at work. I’m kinda trying to break that cycle though. Coffee coffee coffee beer wine beer

Back