Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottled 15 bottles of my coco-cacao-cola porter today and remembered how much of a pain bottling is.

mind you it was bottling out of a keg which is a bit harder than coming direct out of a spigot from the FV

LoL I did 55 stubbies today!

LoL I did 55 stubbies today!
Damn

Yeah 15 is nothing, but it’sfiddly filling from the keg like this:

Making it even more fiddly was the fact this beer wasn’t carbed so I still had to add sugar to each bottle etc

Was that your beer that had the tilt issue?

Damn

Yeah 15 is nothing, but it’sfiddly filling from the keg like this:

Making it even more fiddly was the fact this beer wasn’t carbed so I still had to add sugar to each bottle etc

Was that your beer that had the tilt issue?

Yeah the pale ale with Motueka. Smells amazing.

So I dropped into my local homebrew shop to check out a grainfather/braumeister and saw a brewzilla anyone used or have one? It's $600.... heaps cheaper than the grainfather and ******* heaps cheaper than a braumeister.
I haven't brewed for a few years and want to cut down on gear because of space issues.
I've been out of the brewing game for three years now but looking to get back in with one of these.
Actually looking at the Guten 70L or maybe even just the 50L

Yeah the gutens look ok too. 50L is a better size than the 35L for bigger grain bills

if I recall theres something they don’t have that the robo/zilla does have but can’t remember what it was
What I've been reading is that Robos start their timer straight away where as Gutens start the timer once the mash has hit temp.
Also the temp probe is in a better place within the mash?

I've only seen the early Braumiesters in the flesh years back before kids.

What I've been reading is that Robos start their timer straight away where as Gutens start the timer once the mash has hit temp.
Also the temp probe is in a better place within the mash?

I've only seen the early Braumiesters in the flesh years back before kids.
Yeah the thermometer is pretty unreliable in the robo until it’s recircd for a bit. I don’t use the timers so that aspect doesn’t faze me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Transfer day

was meant to do it on the weekend but ran out of CO2! What a pain in the ass it is

CA73C00E-A9AB-4CDA-9338-AE6F1682DE8D.jpeg

This is another Rye IPA. Stuffed around with the previous recipe a bit and it’s not going to be as red or as malty but it’s a lot more juicy. I’ve run out of homebrew but will have this and a coconut cacao porter ready to drink in a week or two

Transfer day

was meant to do it on the weekend but ran out of CO2! What a pain in the ass it is

View attachment 769097

This is another Rye IPA. Stuffed around with the previous recipe a bit and it’s not going to be as red or as malty but it’s a lot more juicy. I’ve run out of homebrew but will have this and a coconut cacao porter ready to drink in a week or two
How do you oxygenate the wort after transfer?
Straight onto the beer out post on the corny?

Don't mind me, it's been a while
Yeah it was already fermented so i just carb in the normal way thru the corny in post

Oxygenation I just do through splashing the wort in the fermenter once I transfer it from the robobrew. I go out the pump into the fermenter so it creates quite a bit of dissolved oxygen. I had a mini oxygen tank but it emptied way too quick. Think the reg had a leak

Transferring from the fermenter into the keg is just a matter of pressurising the fermenter and hooking it up to the keg with some beer line with disconnects on either side. The fermenter has ball lock posts on the lid and a floating dip tube

I pulled the pin on buying the 35L Brewzilla, It looks the goods and pretty cheap.
Any recipies you fellas wanna share? I haven't really brewed since this craft beer craze kicked of so only have some standard pale ale recipes.
I'm loving Biggie juice and Elvis juice at the moment so anything along those lines would be killa..
I'm also keen to experiment (NTTAWWT)👍👍

I pulled the pin on buying the 35L Brewzilla, It looks the goods and pretty cheap.
Any recipies you fellas wanna share? I haven't really brewed since this craft beer craze kicked of so only have some standard pale ale recipes.
I'm loving Biggie juice and Elvis juice at the moment so anything along those lines would be killa..
I'm also keen to experiment (NTTAWWT)👍👍
I can give you my BeerSmith equipment profile numbers for my robo if you like.

I have no idea what that means 😂😂
Like the volume ‘measurements’ for the robobrew that you use in brewing software so that it will calculate the estimated outputs of the recipes you enter into the software.

that’s a s**t explanation but anyway. it won’t make much sense unless you are familiar with brewing software like BeerSmith or Brewfather

If you like Elvis juice there’s a PDF you can download that has recipes of every BrewDog beer, including Elvis. It’s free on their website.

Like the volume ‘measurements’ for the robobrew that you use in brewing software so that it will calculate the estimated outputs of the recipes you enter into the software.

that’s a s**t explanation but anyway. it won’t make much sense unless you are familiar with brewing software like BeerSmith or Brewfather

If you like Elvis juice there’s a PDF you can download that has recipes of every BrewDog beer, including Elvis. It’s free on their website.
Awesome mate thanks

Back