Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So is this like when you spend x amount at woolies you can use the receipt as a voucher to get the cheap deal at BWS or whatever?

So is this like when you spend x amount at woolies you can use the receipt as a voucher to get the cheap deal at BWS or whatever?

Yeah exactly, think I spent about $30 last night on normal groceries and it was on there.

DanWCE I dunno if you're a coffee w***er too, but Filament Coffee have a canned cold-brew they've made with Citra hops. It's pretty good, I'm no sommelier like you and can barely notice the hops but you might get a kick (pun intended) out of it.

DanWCE I dunno if you're a coffee w***er too, but Filament Coffee have a canned cold-brew they've made with Citra hops. It's pretty good, I'm no sommelier like you and can barely notice the hops but you might get a kick (pun intended) out of it.

Sounds very interesting! And yeah I'm a bit of a coffee nut. I use Karvan beans in my machine at home. Do you know who is stocking these cold brew tins?

Sounds very interesting! And yeah I'm a bit of a coffee nut. I use Karvan beans in my machine at home. Do you know who is stocking these cold brew tins?

South of the river I got them from a place in Vic Park called Antz in Ya Pantz cafe - they do their own nitro cold brew squealer fills too. Personally I prefer their nitro cold brew, nicest black coffee I've ever had.

Apparently they have taps at Freo Dr Liquor store - I imagine you'd be across that!

South of the river I got them from a place in Vic Park called Antz in Ya Pantz cafe - they do their own nitro cold brew squealer fills too. Personally I prefer their nitro cold brew, nicest black coffee I've ever had.

Apparently they have taps at Freo Dr Liquor store - I imagine you'd be across that!
Antz has massively good ratings on Zomato and stuff IIRC but man what a s**t name for a cafe

Freo Dr is walking distance from my new office I think. Booya!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And into the ferm fridge to cool a few more degrees before pitching:

View attachment 783525

Appears I'm a few points under the target gravity. Smells deliciously zesty as fu** though.
Nice one!!! You can always just add a bit of dissolved dry malt extract to the fermenter to boost the gravity a little.

bet it’ll taste delicious. What’s the yeast?

Nice one!!! You can always just add a bit of dissolved dry malt extract to the fermenter to boost the gravity a little.

bet it’ll taste delicious. What’s the yeast?

It's cool, if it means 4.5% vs 5.5% I can deal with it.

And into the ferm fridge to cool a few more degrees before pitching:

View attachment 783525

Appears I'm a few points under the target gravity. Smells deliciously zesty as fu** though.
Here's a question for you folks.

Having been out of the brewing game for a few years now I missed the conical fermenter thingo.

Are they worth it? I still have my crusty Coopers FVs and considering getting back into brewing with a Robobrew and the like. Cheers.

Here's a question for you folks.

Having been out of the brewing game for a few years now I missed the conical fermenter thingo.

Are they worth it? I still have my crusty Coopers FVs and considering getting back into brewing with a Robobrew and the like. Cheers.

I'd say probably not. I got mine after my first batch because I lost a few litres when having trouble syphoning off the large flat bottom - this could've been remedied with a cold crash (I didn't do) and tipping the fermenter so it collected in the corner. I can be a bit of a worrier so I find being able to watch the fermentation great, and the cone/collection container down the bottom is handy simply for separation of the gunk before syphoning. A seasoned campaigner like yourself would probably see it as pointless though.

My only fermenter upgrade has been the Fermzilla Unitank https://www.kegland.com.au/kegland-fermentasaurus-2-27l.html

The fact it is conical hasn’t made much difference - the collection container is almost impossible to undo and makes it impractical and too cumbersome for what it achieves. You can collect yeast other ways and I just dry hop during fermentation so that oxygen is used up.

However the fact it’s pressure rated and allows you to do closed transfers is great.

if I was going to get another fermenter I’d consider the cheaper Fermzilla All Rounder https://www.kegland.com.au/fermzilla-30l-all-rounder-pressure-rated-keg-fermenter.html

Great advice lads. That last one looks good for the price.
A normal 30L PDFE barrell is about $30 anyway.
You’ll need to get a pressure kit (carbonation caps and a floating diptube) with it - about $15-20 maybe - but it’d be worth it.

It also makes a lot more sense if you are kegging rather than bottling as there is no spigot, and filling up bottles using beer lines can be a pain unless you have the right gear.

Now that I’ve had it for a while I wish I saved the money and didn’t buy the unitank and got the all rounder instead, but they hadn’t been released at the time I made the purchase.

You’ll need to get a pressure kit (carbonation caps and a floating diptube) with it - about $15-20 maybe - but it’d be worth it.

It also makes a lot more sense if you are kegging rather than bottling as there is no spigot, and filling up bottles using beer lines can be a pain unless you have the right gear.

Now that I’ve had it for a while I wish I saved the money and didn’t buy the unitank and got the all rounder instead, but they hadn’t been released at the time I made the purchase.
I be doing very limited bottling. IE zero. But pressurised transfer sounds good.
Still have my trusty 60L FV for the bulk brews on the old rig

Back