Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that's true!! Haha. Expect a bunch of midnight shitposting while I sit up with a baby sleeping on my chest

I found my second not nearly as bad as the first.
Your life has been turned upside down from the first, that's the shock to the system...
You are used to it now so it doesn't seem so bad.
You also get to bond with the oldest because mums usually sorting out bub and catching as many zzz as possible.
Good luck 👍👍

I found my second not nearly as bad as the first.
Your life has been turned upside down from the first, that's the shock to the system...
You are used to it now so it doesn't seem so bad.
You also get to bond with the oldest because mums usually sorting out bub and catching as many zzz as possible.
Good luck 👍👍

Cheers mate! I am getting excited now that it's close, but it'll still be a shock to the system. Our little dude is almost 3 and a half now. Such a great age, but we've also gotten used to sleeping through the night as he does, so sleep will be the big shock in the early days. And just making sure he doesn't feel left out. He's pretty much my best mate already so I think it'll be sweet, and got lots of help from inlaws etc to keep pumping his tyres up on the weekends.

Xmas is gonna be a fun one!

Might do some brewing this weekend.

Waiting for this kombucha to be done so I can add some blood orange extract to it and keg it

Got everything I need for my imperial stout coming up - keen to know what you did with the yeast DanWCE - I should be aiming for a SG somewhere in the 90s but not certain as it's my first time doing a BIAB. I have one 5 litre starter of Irish ale and one 2 litre starter of London ale. With the lactose, dark DME and hazelnut syrup additions I hope that's enough to get the yeast through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long was it in the barrel for?

Can't remember, but probably did mention it way back when we did it. 4-5 months maybe? We kinda forgot about it. And then when we bottled it we didn't get enough carb from it. So ripped the lids off and tried again.

So after all that time, and my mate having the full batch at his place, I finally got my half last weekend. This is my first try. Reckon it must be a good year or so old now. Drinking so well. Much like last time, I'd be keen to enter them in a comp if I didn't want to drink them all

Got everything I need for my imperial stout coming up - keen to know what you did with the yeast DanWCE - I should be aiming for a SG somewhere in the 90s but not certain as it's my first time doing a BIAB. I have one 5 litre starter of Irish ale and one 2 litre starter of London ale. With the lactose, dark DME and hazelnut syrup additions I hope that's enough to get the yeast through.

Pitch onto a yeast cake and keep the temp low - 15/16°. I pitched onto a London ale III cake and it smashed through it.

You kegging? That'll make the next step muuuch easier. I had to prime bottles with cask yeast to get some carb in the barley wine, total pain.

Pitch onto a yeast cake and keep the temp low - 15/16°. I pitched onto a London ale III cake and it smashed through it.

You kegging? That'll make the next step muuuch easier. I had to prime bottles with cask yeast to get some carb in the barley wine, total pain.

Yeast cake sounds like the way to go but didn't plan it out as such.

Nah bottling for age - will be in the fermenter for about 3 weeks before moving to some champagne bottles - have something special planned and will show some pics when I'm done.

Nah bottling for age - will be in the fermenter for about 3 weeks before moving to some champagne bottles - have something special planned and will show some pics when I'm done.

Doing a starter is no different I guess. But for big abv you don't want to underpitch. Having active yeast seems to help, but they'll be loving life with those simple sugars. So definitely keep the temp dialled down and consider how much of their own heat they'll generate when fermentation kicks off

Use Lalvin EC1118 champagne yeast for bottling. I just sprinkle a bit of dry yeast into each bottle, add priming sugar into each bottle, then rack into each bottle as per usual.

Strawberries are about $6 a kilo here at the moment so I stocked up and froze a bunch to use in something down the track. Maybe a strawberry and hibiscus flower saison 1452B5CD-ADE2-4D15-B832-CF659E076F77.jpeg

Update on the preparation for the "imperial hazelnut latte stout", I'm now up to 7 litres (3l > 2l > 2l) of Irish ale yeast and 3 litres (3 x 1l) of London ale yeast. Now they just ripping through whatever I put in them and will be primed for the actual wort.

Update on the preparation for the "imperial hazelnut latte stout", I'm now up to 7 litres (3l > 2l > 2l) of Irish ale yeast and 3 litres (3 x 1l) of London ale yeast. Now they just ripping through whatever I put in them and will be primed for the actual wort.
The wort won’t stand a chance!

I’ve been building up my stock of Wyeast farmhouse ale yeast too. Got about 1L of total slurry (very little trub, it’s all basically pure yeast). Going to use half in my brew tomorrow and save the rest

I’ve been building up my stock of Wyeast farmhouse ale yeast too. Got about 1L of total slurry (very little trub, it’s all basically pure yeast). Going to use half in my brew tomorrow and save the rest

Is tomorrow the strawberry hibiscus?

Is tomorrow the strawberry hibiscus?
Neh just a standard saison, single hop (Loral). Although I just realised I was meant to receive a post order of some more malt today, which I was going to use in the brew. And because it’s the Grand Final Parade tomorrow I won’t be able to go buy it from the shop. So I’m hoping it’ll arrive Saturday so I can brew on the weekend instead

Back