Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
West End and VIP?
If West End start sponsoring us I might have to give up the XXXX Gold and start drinking West End.
Do they make a mid strength beer these days?I am not too good on the heavies.
One downfall if West End sponsor us would be that every single Crow supporter would switch overnight to other brewers.That might be the only thing holding them back.

Re: New Major Sponsor

That would be good for Coopers who are still an SA company.

**** I hate West End beer. I'll wear the t-shirt but wont drink the stuff.

If they sponsor Port I'll buy some to support them and then pour it down the sink.

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC

Just got on to the Wst End draught website and it says that they now sponsor Port Adelaide since they joined the AFL in 1997 and now have 2 night Premierships.
What about the day premiership?
A little outdated that site.

If West End start sponsoring us I might have to give up the XXXX Gold and start drinking West End.
Do they make a mid strength beer these days?I am not too good on the heavies.
One downfall if West End sponsor us would be that every single Crow supporter would switch overnight to other brewers.That might be the only thing holding them back.

The only people who would swap beers are crows members and those who really hate Port. I reckon the majority of crows supporters aren't that filled with hatred that they would stop buying their beer. I would make a decent dent but wouldn't be the majority.

The same was said when Lion Nathan took over SA Brewing that the people wouldn't drink a beer owned by a foreigner. After the initial protest West End sales went back to normal levels.

pfftt. Like a Crow supporter would be seen dead drinking West End anyway. It'd all be Coronas and some other faux-classy beer like Summer Ale or something.

pfftt. Like a Crow supporter would be seen dead drinking West End anyway. It'd all be Coronas and some other faux-classy beer like Summer Ale or something.

I had a beer in Sydney yesterday with a fellow Port supporter and he ordered a cider. I thought thats ok he has the ghey, not that there is anything wrong with that, and I'll just let him be.

Gone are the days us wharfies drank in front bars and drank straight from a long neck or so it seems.

You know this bloke too Macca.

Coronas my favorite beer with lemon of course

I was with a mate the other day wearing a tight white shirt and these colourful blue patterned sandals. Awaiting his "coming out" party.

You blokes in Adelaide do wear "funny" stuff.

Gone are the days us wharfies drank in front bars and drank straight from a long neck or so it seems.

Nothing like the old green death.

Nothing like the old green death.

Mate you might be able to settle an argument for me as you are a golden oldie on the Port board.

They changed the recipe of Southwark when they changed the green death label didn't they? If my memory serves me correctly when they went to the mainly white label they went away from a traditional bitter to more of a lager type beer and ****ed Southwark forever.

Or did I imagine it?

I believe they had 2 changes, away from the bitter and then back to it, plus the wheat beer

see here

Wildmanwok

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham HotSpurs

Ahh I remember the days we used to take the Green Death to a party because you knew no one else would drink them.

Ahh I remember the days we used to take the Green Death to a party because you knew no one else would drink them.

Glad I'm not the only one who did this.

Back