Mod. Notice Beerfish - Calling It A Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of feels like I'm reading my own obituary column.. which is weird.

It does read like that, in a strange way...

And yet you can read it, and go back to posting just to post.

You can be passionate... or just be a flat out bastard (my favorite) - if this is an obituary, surely your next few months are the BF equivalent of ascending to heaven mate.

Welcome back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to be able to say he's just off to the brewery because he's a massive beerhound. In fact maybe he is off to the brewery anyway, come to think of it.

But also, it is with much regret that I have to report that Beerfish has decided to hang up the modding britches, after over three years of distinguished and tireless service to this board.

To say he has been Herculean, patient, fair and tirelessly committed to the wellbeing and health of the Essendon board would be a massive understatement. It's fair to say there have been some horrible times in that three year period to be an Essendon supporter - but I promise you all that the vibrance and diversity we have on this board is down to Beery as much as anyone. It's an enjoyable but occasionally, thankless task!

You've been an absolute rock, Beery, and I am very sorry that I won't have you by my side in a modding sense anymore, and I know Harlequin and Loonerty feel the same. But it's also worth remembering that the man was here long before he was a mod, as a poster of great insight and razor sharp wit, and I have no doubt he will be here for many more years to come. Or at least I bloody well hope he is!

Beery, here's a cold one mate. Let's call it a Coopers Sparkling. It's been an absolute pleasure to work beside you. *clink*
Coopers....there's something not right about that....can't put my finger on it.

A sad day.

But a great day too, because now we have unencumbered Beery.

But now I sit here with trepidation because I know it's only a matter of time before the fella, free of mod shackles, absolutely takes me to the cleaners. And it will be savage.

Thanks for being a good parent and a total bro at the same time Beerfish.

May you swim upstream and find the beer you are looking for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back