Media beez - 350 Sweet FA Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
91w9zoO.png

Sweet FA Hall of Famer, beez, will run out for his 350th match on Sunday as Gumbies FFC host the Gold City Royals at the House of Gumby. Having started his career with the West Coast Wonders in season 9, beez is best known for the award that bears his name as it's inaugural winner, the beez Trophy, which recognises the league’s best poster for the season as voted their peers.

beez played 21 games in two seasons for the Wonders before moving to the Baghdad Bombers, where he went on to play 291 games, including captaining the club in seasons 15, 21 and 22, and winning the club’s best & fairest award in season 19. beez has been a member of three premiership sides, all with the Bombers, in seasons 14, 23 and 24, and is the only player in Sweet FA history to have won back-to-back premierships and back-to-back wooden spoons (S28 with the Bombers and S29 with the Gumbies). beez has spent the past two seasons with Gumbies FFC where he has played 37 games.

beez is one of the more witty and creative posters Sweet FA has seen. His media efforts over the journey have been required reading as he has provided commentary on events and personalities in the league, including announcing his own scandals, in a unique and humourous manner. beez has also used competitions to promote activity within the league with his tipping competition, It’s a Knockout, running eight times since season 15. beez’s contributions to the board have been recognised with five All-SFA berths and he was named at full back in the All Time All-SFA team in season 30.

I'll end this piece with arguably one of Sweet FA's greatest ever creative efforts. In season 19, Sweet FA administrator, boncer34, simmed his own team, Dragons FFC, to their first premiership. It created quite the stir at the time and this was beez's contribution to the chaos. Enjoy.

Thank you Ant Bear for highlighting this

Congratulations beez – 350 Sweet FA games

PLAYER
GMS
HO
K
M
HB
T
FF
FA
G
B
D
DT
Win %
CLUBS
BOM (291), GUM (37), WON (21)

[TD valign="bottom"]beez[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
349​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
82​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
2429​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
1003​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
2364​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
472​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
277​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
285​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
163​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
110​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
4793​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
17504​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
47.56%​
[/TD]

Fellow beez Trophy winners had the following to say about beez:
I've got two of the award named after beez simply because he was the first winner, at a time when posting prowess was just starting to be taken notice of. And much like (not completely like RIP) how we play for the Fred now instead of the Alf Andrews, one day it will be my joy to glance at my profile and my two Filth Medals (perhaps in addition to those two defunct beez things).

Speaking of defunct beez things, he's still getting games and after seeing him gifted his 300th I'm now here to commiserate his 350th. I think beez is like fine wine, in that I like to drink it. I might upset some people here but beez is still probably the best I've never been on a team with even though we often point at each other and say maybe next year. Unfortunately this is the last I'm saying about it because he's playing the Royals and it's our 250th.

Next year beez. Next year indeed.
beez has never done anything really outstanding in this league. Yet he has a major league award named in his hounour, has won a MVP, captained the Bombers/Bandits, made All-SFA 5 times and won a B&F and a couple of premierships that he wasn't around for. He's basically the Seinfeld of the Sweet FA

Oh, and he did this. This was pretty funny.
They named an award after him which surprised some, but that must have been a real highlight.

Then Ant Bear won the award and it really took the wind out of his sail.

Congratulations on 350 beez Prone to tantrums but always a pleasure to read your posts.
I will always remember that time that Beez thought I was a female poster. He was so convincing that I sort of thought I should be female for a while there.

By the time I got home from Priceline with those hair curlers I realised that this was the power of beez.

It’s the subtle quality he has - the knowledge that most of his posting has an extra step or two built into it.

So now it’s 350 games for beez, it makes me wonder how many other people bought those curlers. And it makes me wonder whether he has shares in the hair curler brand.

Well played beez. Well played.
Congratulations on 350 games beez, what a magnificent achievement. Just a shame that you'll be celebrating it 'off broadway' if you know what I mean.

To me, whilst being able to reflect and celebrate the man this week whose name adorns the award I so proudly display on my e-mantlepiece, the real beez award for me has always been that time he told me I was 'his' beez. Sure, I didn't win it that season, but that's not really the point is it.

After all, the real beez award is the friend we've made along the way. Godspeed beez, generations from now they will sing songs of your valour.
Altho I enjoy playing with beez, he doesn't really talk to me anymore

I keep forgetting his safe word,

so he ends up grumpy and doesn't want to play :'(

1612949480191.png

91w9zoO.png

Sweet FA Hall of Famer, beez, will run out for his 350th match on Sunday as Gumbies FFC host the Gold City Royals at the House of Gumby. Having started his career with the West Coast Wonders in season 9, beez is best known for the award that bears his name as it's inaugural winner, the beez Trophy, which recognises the league’s best poster for the season as voted their peers.

beez played 21 games in two seasons for the Wonders before moving to the Baghdad Bombers, where he went on to play 291 games, including captaining the club in seasons 15, 21 and 22, and winning the club’s best & fairest award in season 19. beez has been a member of three premiership sides, all with the Bombers, in seasons 14, 23 and 24, and is the only player in Sweet FA history to have won back-to-back premierships and back-to-back wooden spoons (S28 with the Bombers and S29 with the Gumbies). beez has spent the past two seasons with Gumbies FFC where he has played 37 games.

beez is one of the more witty and creative posters Sweet FA has seen. His media efforts over the journey have been required reading as he has provided commentary on events and personalities in the league, including announcing his own scandals, in a unique and humourous manner. beez has also used competitions to promote activity within the league with his tipping competition, It’s a Knockout, running eight times since season 15. beez’s contributions to the board have been recognised with five All-SFA berths and he was named at full back in the All Time All-SFA team in season 30.

I'll end this piece with arguably one of Sweet FA's greatest ever creative efforts. In season 19, Sweet FA administrator, boncer34, simmed his own team, Dragons FFC, to their first premiership. It created quite the stir at the time and this was beez's contribution to the chaos. Enjoy.

Thank you Ant Bear for highlighting this

Congratulations beez – 350 Sweet FA games

PLAYER
GMS
HO
K
M
HB
T
FF
FA
G
B
D
DT
Win %
CLUBS
BOM (291), GUM (37), WON (21)

[TD valign="bottom"]beez[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
349​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
82​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
2429​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
1003​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
2364​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
472​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
277​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
285​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
163​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
110​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
4793​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
17504​
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
47.56%​
[/TD]

Fellow beez Trophy winners had the following to say about beez:

I wasn't admin

((I’m glad The Filth Wizard made some clarifications in his post because boy did that start out concerningly dark))

The header is class, but took my dumb brain like 5 minutes to work it out.

Oh and congratations to beez - the only reasonable and smart person we have - on 350 games!

S
Superb poster, the kind that always reminds you of good times when he writes something, engaging, hard snappy but very funny and on point. If you * up beez will let you know, thats why we had ‘killer beez’ in the classic werewolf.
350 games probably each one quality, not many can say that 👍🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanx Barrybran (and Ant Bear for alerting him) for posting up that video. I was not here in those days but can only imagine how much laughter that bit of work created for those that were here.

beez is a gem.

The header is class, but took my dumb brain like 5 minutes to work it out.
Yeah, I thought Baz had tried some l33tsp34k combo of beez and 350 to spell out beez and 350, and then I wondered how E0Z translated to 350.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back