Brushes with fame

Remove this Banner Ad

At an Asking Alexandria gig back in April, for anyone's that's been to 170 Russell, where the band members hang out back stage, they have this window that overlooks the floor area.

I looked up and saw Cameron Liddell, guitarist of Asking Alexandria, looking out so I waved to him and he waved back!

Proud moment in your life when a member of one of your favourite bands waves to you.

ITT - people who don't understand the OP.

It appears nobody is actually friends with famous people, and people have just posted of encounters with famous people.
If someone was famous or friends with famous people, they wouldn't say it here - the undercover sleuths that put a spotlight on crowearer would expose you in a minute.

ITT - people who don't understand the OP.

It appears nobody is actually friends with famous people, and people have just posted of encounters with famous people.

If someone was famous or friends with famous people, they wouldn't say it here - the undercover sleuths that put a spotlight on crowearer would expose you in a minute.

This is correct.

In one day I saw Madge from Neighbours, Warwick Capper and Hotdogs from Big Brother, pretty great day tbh, we still all catch up for dinner once a month too.

At an Asking Alexandria gig back in April, for anyone's that's been to 170 Russell, where the band members hang out back stage, they have this window that overlooks the floor area.

I looked up and saw Cameron Liddell, guitarist of Asking Alexandria, looking out so I waved to him and he waved back!

Proud moment in your life when a member of one of your favourite bands waves to you.
I'm not one to crush peoples dreams but I was behind you and he was waving at me.

Ran into Merve Hughes at a newsagent in Essendon. Made him laugh too
You tickled him, didn't you?

I'm not one to crush peoples dreams but I was behind you and he was waving at me.

You tickled him, didn't you?
I was buying a scratchie and the lady was like, which one do you want, to which I replied 'the winning one'. Old Merv had a right laugh about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was doing the tour of the MCG a few years ago and walked past Merv. I said "Hey Merv!". He didn't even turn around. We've been best friends ever since.
Haha...I saw Merv in the foyer of my office last year and said "g'day Merv" and he totally blanked me. I take it I must be his second best mate.

Merv often hanging around various shops in Essendon. And merv. If you happen to read this. You're a fat campaigner, and a wannabe a list celebrity. So what fat guts... you bowled quick for Australia 20 years ago. So did Bruce Reid. He's not an arrogant **********. So did Dennis Lilley - and he was 10 times the bowler you ever were, and he's a pearler. Has a beer with randoms and is a gentleman. Oh, you were a personality? So was Greg Matthews - no big deal. So how about you take that fat arse and * right off back to Footscray or braybrook or whatever shithole you crawled out of.

And I've mentioned this before in a post years ago on here.....how the lead singer from that Sydney group who had that song "there's no aphrodisiac like loneliness".....he STOLE that line from me. I was at a pub in Newton, visiting. Was sitting by myself drinking. He saw me and invited me to come sit at his table with his friends. Very nice! Anyway, if he's out there, he'll remember this....we stated talking about Rugby Union, Cliff Lyons, whomever the Aussie Rugby Five-Eighth was at the time, and his own friend in Paris, talking about how he's feeling lonely there and banging some au pair there or something....and that's when I made the mistake of dipping into my unpublished books of poetry, and said that line to him...."well, there's no aphrodisiac like loneliness". He immediately looked around at his friends (band mates?) and they all gave each other that look. I had NO IDEA who the fck this guy was at the time. It was just a bunch of people sharing several rounds of beers. However many months pass, and I hear that song as a smash hit, and I'm filthy. Will never forgive him for that. Prick.

Same thing happened with Henry Rollins. I was pen pals with him for a few months. Then he stole one of my lines in my last letter to use in a song called Blues Jam.....that song btw is about me, and/or about people who write to him. But he stole my line from the last letter i wrote to him...which was something like, "i've learned that life will not break your heart, it'll crush it". At LEAST Henry kinda showed respect by not crediting that song to himself (as far as I know), only uncredited song on that album.
I have been reading your posts for years GG.exe and I still have absolutely no idea whether you make s**t up or not.
Regardless, carry on please....

Wonder if celebs ever sleep with normal people. Before Damien Oliver was married he was doing the horizontal tango with a friend of mine. Saw his bum in the bed lol.

Lol.

I hear the horizontal tango hasn't stopped post marriage for Ollie, know what I mean guv? You could say he, shall we say, rides a lot of different fillies, know what I mean? He's not a one-stable kind of guy, know what I mean? Ay? Ay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back