Brushes with fame

Remove this Banner Ad

My best mate started dating a comedian/actress who is doing pretty well for herself

I didn't really know of her beforehand (not owning a TV or anything) but I've met her a few times and she's pretty cool

so it's weird when I see her face all over billboards for her shows and seeing her on TV (when I'm around one) -

My mate's Mum got all starstruck when she met her and was asking what kind of clothes should she wear when she meets her.. haha

Best thing ever

What was the tweet?
She was talking about how her old high-school maths teacher was now messaging her and she said she should've rooted him in HS.

I said I TOO got ****ed by my maths teacher...just wasn't any sex involved.

Russell Ingall walked up and stood next to me in the back bar at the GRAND in Adelaide years ago.
This was obv before i became a fan but we looked at each other , nodded and said g'day , what's happening - not much - good

Knew i knew him but couldn't place it.
Filthy on myself for years after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny Henry came into my pub once, and I didn't even recognise him until my bar wench pointed him out. I was in shock at seeing a black guy in Twyford.
Does he look like he's doing ok post-broken skull?
He looks fine. Too much processed food in his shopping basket though imo.

Personally, I find the concept of getting star struck, which so many people succumb to, even for local or small time famous people, lame.

Years ago Hamish Blake came into the medical clinic I was working at. He was fairly crook.

Doctor ordered a blood test and the nurse went into a semi-breakdown and told me to do it because she was practically wetting herself over him...

Made sure I pretended I didn't know who he was, which I think did fairly well... I think he appreciated it

Personally, I find the concept of getting star struck, which so many people succumb to, even for local or small time famous people, lame. That includes famous people walking about and carrying on like they're gods just as lame.

I'm only fairly recently living in Australia, so I don't recognize a plethora of celebrities here. But on the odd occasion that I do I'm always mindful to not do that face that people do when they recognize a celeb, always treat them like a normal person and claim ignorance of who they are when they brag about who they are.

I guess being American they find that ignorance cute or cool.

Will post a few run ins soon...
Have you seen any famous people in The US before you left.?

I need more info pls.

Love Heath.

it was around 1998 or so. he was about 20 or so, I was a 3-4 years older than him as was my mate who was/is an actor too and had a bit role in the filming. it was in a city pub in perth to start with, I think the Grosvenor(?) on the east side of the cbd. we had a table in the beer garden and all 10 or so of us got on and talked s**t.

he and I had a one on one chat at one stage when we both went up to the bar to get some more drinks. i remember he asked if I was an actor too and had I been in anything but I told him I wasn't, I was mates with x and then we spoke about stuff he and x had done together. I don't remember specifics after that conversation wise but when we went back to the garden we ended up sitting next to eachother rather than on opposite sides as we had been before.

after a few hours most of the group ended up getting cabs to a house in Claremont or thereabouts and the night kicked on. other than a few crossing paths and head flicks/eyebrow raises each time, didn't speak to him much the rest of the night.

Personally, I find the concept of getting star struck, which so many people succumb to, even for local or small time famous people, lame. That includes famous people walking about and carrying on like they're gods just as lame.

I'm only fairly recently living in Australia, so I don't recognize a plethora of celebrities here. But on the odd occasion that I do I'm always mindful to not do that face that people do when they recognize a celeb, always treat them like a normal person and claim ignorance of who they are when they brag about who they are.

I guess being American they find that ignorance cute or cool.

Will post a few run ins soon...

incoming story about GG plowing Asher Keddie on his first day in Aus

Lenny Henry came into my pub once, and I didn't even recognise him until my bar wench pointed him out. I was in shock at seeing a black guy in Twyford.

He looks fine. Too much processed food in his shopping basket though imo.

The most famous person I saw in my time in London was Bob Geldof, he walked past me in the Chelsea high street chatting to some young blonde minx.

I didn't see as many famous people there as I thought I would but living in places like Acton and Lewisham you don't tend to see too many celebs.

The most famous person I saw in my time in London was Bob Geldof, he walked past me in the Chelsea high street chatting to some young blonde minx.

I didn't see as many famous people there as I thought I would but living in places like Acton and Lewisham you don't tend to see too many celebs.
I met Rolf Harris a few times. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back