Beginner Training Advice

Remove this Banner Ad

GameBredAU

Draftee
Apr 11, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Guys,

I'm after some training advice or even programs to help me get ready play footy. I'm 27, big footy fan and recently had a itch to get out there and give it a crack. I've never had the ability to play club sports in my adult life due to working nights and weekends but that has since changed.

It's April/May now, it seems a bit late to join a club now so I'd like to get myself ready for the beginning of pre-season later in the year.

I'm 183cm and weigh 85kg, I'm naturally a skinny guy but carrying a bit of body fat at the moment, I would like to bring down my weight while improving my strength and my cardio conditioning both relating to football.

I know there is alot of information in these forums which I'll look through but anyone who has had experience in a similar situation or generally some advice specific to me getting my body ready that would be appreciated, cheers.

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey mate, current PT/Online Coach with a Bachelors in Exercise Science, happy to give you some advice.

What sort of history do you have with weight training? Pretty limited?

geylugas

Draftee
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was hoping to see some advise on training as a beginner here but it's a pity I couldn't find any

I'm after some training advice or even programs to help me get ready play footy.
If your a paying Pies supporter, it may help to ask the Club if they have any basic information out there?

Its worth a shot, you ever know, hell you may even if you ask politely to be able to attend a training session over summer when things right now would be very quiet chilled out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back