Autopsy Behinddogs beat Swans, 71-60

Remove this Banner Ad

His account was suspended right after the Grand Final. If he requested that his account be cancelled then that happened subsequently. If you're gonna post a screenshot then let me post mine too.
View attachment 1361827

Ha well not like objective truth was ever his strong point!

Kicking for goal is basically as simple as striking the right part of the ball with the shoulders aligned to where you are kicking then following through the kick to the target.

Our worst offenders are rarely in the right position at contact and that impacts the follow through

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Striking the ball and follow through is straight out of the manual. Alignment of the shoulders is new, to me anyway. The alignment would have to be at 180 degrees to the intended flight path of the ball, wouldn't it ? How does that work ?

Well... no. its a skill. It can be learned. Other teams are better at it than us. We have had multiple lists of players over mutiple years under the current coach with the same problem. How can we still be talking about it and not asking why it still isn't fixed?
Were we not ranked number one for accuracy in the footy record? Not sure what time period but I thought it was mentioned by someone. All teams have bad game it’s not new

Seems to actually know how to lead in the forward line. Makes space for the other forwards. Actually held a mark in the forward 50, then got front and centre and kicked a crumbing goal.

Hannan runs around like a chook with its head cut off. In contrast, Wally seems a very mature and calming presence out there. I think it’s important when our game style currently seems to be go go go.

Watched it from level 3, so was able to get a pretty wide view of it.

I get the Hannan is “fast” stuff but he’s totally oblivious. Fastest player I have seen that consistently gets run down.
Your running round like a chook without a head is actually forward pressure and making space. You must have missed his mark of the year contender against Carlton?

Tonight was Dunkley's best game since coming back from his shoulder injury last year. Mind you, he still has a way to go to get back to his pre-injury best. And for us to really challenge Melbourne in the Centre we need his best. Prior to his injury - Dunkley was an outstanding overhead mark for his size - that's the part of his game he has yet to rediscover. When he does, we will become a 2 goal better team. But tonight was a great step to his defensive best. Some of his tackles were simply outstanding.
'
Also, good to see Wieghtman and VDM come to play - they've played with practice match effort levels during the first 2 rounds.

Welcome to AFL football JUH - was getting a little worried but that was a mature game for a young tall pup. Great physical pressure, good intensity, good leading patterns and second efforts. Just needs to take the full 30 seconds - to catch his breath - when taking set shots.

Yeah, and ok - Gardener played ok too

Liberatore saves his best for when when you really really need it. Last week he single handedly lifted us to challenge Carlton in the second half. This week - he coasted - until it suddenly seemed the Swans had a sneaky chance to win it. In comes Liberatore - He puts on the superman cape and goes to work - get out of his way - this is his centre square - he and he alone will win this ball and clear this ball - and makes it is so.

Dear Luke -
you know we can't play with this intensity every week - it's much too hard - players will either burnout or get injured.
Play Sweet or find a tall bricklayer from the country - just play another Ruckman. Keep the moustache and get shitty all you like,
but for the love of god play a second ruckman.
Yeah nah Sweet is not up to it and would be a liability

Hmm if there was only a way to support Timmy throughout a game to get his best for longer? Maybe… another ruc… nah that’s stupid don’t worry
You miss the point that a we don’t have another decent ruck. Why play Sweet he dosent win the tap outs in the VFL and does not much around the ground. What does he do for the 70-80% of the game English is rucking? Sit on the bench or just be a liability on the ground? If you were allowed 10 interchange then maybe but not the way it is now

I thought the same, and when he missed that easy goal i thought that was it for him. I'm happy for him to get a extended chance but he just doesn't get near it. I don't know what has happened to him but we cant play him forward if he doesnt apply pressure.

I'd like him to play the defensive wing in place of Roarke Smith.
The opposition would welcome that and exploit his lack of pace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a huge loss given the form he’s been in. But if Sweet could make something of the opportunity could be a blessing long term.

Bevo is not about to play him unless his hand is forced.
If he can’t even win the VFL contests I’m bemused as to wh anyone thinks Sweet is a possibility

I'll accept that he wasn't permanently banned despite him saying that he was. He was obviously mistaken. However, the narrative that he disappeared from this board and then just asked for his account to be deleted is not true. He resurfaced during the Grand Final and was quickly suspended. The date in my screenshot proves that he was active again at that time.

It says his account is cancelled now, yes. It didn't say that on September 26. Use your brain for a minute. If his account was already cancelled at that time then how was he private messaging me?
I have no idea what you are getting at. The specuation on here was that MD was banned - my point is that your claims that MD was permanently banned are false. MD had his account suspended on numerous occasions, including when he PM'd you, where he claimed he'd been permanently banned.

Last edited:
First game in 2 years. May have forgotten the pace and cleanliness required. He will be fine. I want him in the team as he is a 2 goal per game player which is exactly what we need right now.
Not even close to it, nothing more than a stop gap

Important game for Gardner imo. Although Buddy isn’t a contested marking threat, he’s still a very good player and Gardner defended him 1v1 very well. The knock on effect with a liberated Keath able to patrol the defence more was big for us. Hopefully Gardner can back it up against Lynch/Riewoldt/Balta. Equally encouraging was the ongoing improvement in going for and holding contested intercept marks. That is what will truly separate him from Cordy.

You miss the point that a we don’t have another decent ruck. Why play Sweet he dosent win the tap outs in the VFL and does not much around the ground. What does he do for the 70-80% of the game English is rucking? Sit on the bench or just be a liability on the ground? If you were allowed 10 interchange then maybe but not the way it is now
So you’d go Tim one out against two brute rucks like Soldo & Nank? Perfect way to kill him like we did against Blues who also have a brute style ruck. Let’s support him properly rather than running him into the ground.

We signed Sweet to a 2 year extension and backed him in as the only ruck on the list that’s not 36 yo, so if he’s not up to it as you say I guess you’re also saying that the people who made this decision are incompetent? Big call bro I wouldn’t go that far personally

Important game for Gardner imo. Although Buddy isn’t a contested marking threat, he’s still a very good player and Gardner defended him 1v1 very well. The knock on effect with a liberated Keath able to patrol the defence more was big for us. Hopefully Gardner can back it up against Lynch/Riewoldt/Balta. Equally encouraging was the ongoing improvement in going for and holding contested intercept marks. That is what will truly separate him from Cordy.
Massive massive game for him - let’s hope he can take some confidence from that and continue to build. Would be huge for us if he can play to a similar level and hold down that spot like you said allowing Keath a little more freedom. Next step would be getting a genuine intercepting 3rd tall threat like O’Brien or hopefully Buku into form and taking the spot of Cordy and all of a sudden the backline isn’t looking too bad for the immediate future!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back