Family & Relationships Being a Dad

Remove this Banner Ad

Good story. I believe you of course. No reason not to. :)

Just on being a dad and a question many may not like, but; Did you really want to be a dad, or just felt like it was the right thing to do at the time?
If you did genuinely yearn having a child. Why?
Always wanted to be a dad, just wasn't very good at it.
Maybe it was about father son relationship [which I had a great one] or maybe it was an ego thing. Whatever my reason, the wife still happy, kids still alive and haven't killed anyone elses, few grand kids running around, and when it all gets too much I retreat to big footy with a can in my hand and pass on my vast knowledge of all subjects to the masses. Happy fatherhood, just remember to enjoy it.

Always wanted to be a dad, just wasn't very good at it.
Maybe it was about father son relationship [which I had a great one] or maybe it was an ego thing. Whatever my reason, the wife still happy, kids still alive and haven't killed anyone elses, few grand kids running around, and when it all gets too much I retreat to big footy with a can in my hand and pass on my vast knowledge of all subjects to the masses. Happy fatherhood, just remember to enjoy it.

There's your big mistake right there!
You always, always, always drink beer from a stubby or snifter and never a can. Live and learn.

Have daughter number 2 due in 8 weeks , pretty excited about it and feel pretty well prepared .

Our first who has just turned 2 was quite a long time coming , 4 years of trying finishing with IVF. Quite a gruelling process on a few levels. Well worth it though.

No doubt it will be game on when she arrives, hopefully our eldest adjusts to it all

2.5 years in with a boy and now have 4 month old twin girls. Of course there are hard times, but the good far out weight the bad.
What i will say is i was expecting to be filled with emotion as soon as they came out but to me a it took a little time to bond with them and of course now theres nothing i wouldn't do for them.

Yeah my daughter started school this year (stepson already in grade 3). The massive change that I found was not having to pay $150 a week for 3 days of child care!
my wife this week is discovering the joy of having a good 6 uninterrupted hours to get things done

Unpopular hot take coming up:

Parenthood isn't fun.

Emotionally rewarding, Sure.
Wouldn't have it any other way, Of course.
Love em to death, that's a given.

But fun? Nah don't think so. Maybe I'm just selfish and enjoy my peace and quiet and rest too much.
Permanently tired & grumpy, often frustrated.
I don't begrudge any parent that goes on a holiday without their kids, I can't wait to do it!

Anyone got any advice on stopping a 2.5 year old from telling everyone to shut up or F*ck off?
No idea where he's picked it up from (i'm very big on not swearing at home), and he doesn't say it around me anyway, but his kindy/friends/strangers always tell me they approach him saying hello and he just goes "fu*k off"?

Besides that though, loving being a dad to 2.5 year old and a 6 month old set of boys. Have to say, nothing quite makes my day like getting home from work and having the oldest run to me and jump on me. Every time he sees me watching sports, he runs around yelling "go hawks" so i can't complain. Job done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular hot take coming up:

Parenthood isn't fun.

Emotionally rewarding, Sure.
Wouldn't have it any other way, Of course.
Love em to death, that's a given.

But fun? Nah don't think so. Maybe I'm just selfish and enjoy my peace and quiet and rest too much.
Permanently tired & grumpy, often frustrated.
I don't begrudge any parent that goes on a holiday without their kids, I can't wait to do it!
Complete opposite. Love it and get great enjoyment from it. Think people that have kids and go on holidays (longer than your standard weekend away) without them - pre them becoming teens or old enough to look after themselves.... ******* shithouse.

God you guys are all so lucky... don't ever take it for granted.
It wasn't until I had kids that I realised how hard it is for some people. The wife miscarried the first and we discovered many others in a similar boat. Some who eventually succeeded in getting pregnant, others who didn't. Then you get parents who don't want their kids (I teach a girl in foster care for this very reason) defies belief.

That enthusiastic love you get from young kids (still got it from my 10yo boy!) is so so special. The enthusiasm and excitement in the "DADDY!!!" is just great. It certainly becomes something DIFFERENT after that as they grow up.

No, parenting is not fun. It's rewarding. It's important. It becomes a core part of who you are and what you do. But fun, no.

I've got four boys: 2 step-sons, 1 foster-son and biological son; aged 20, 18, 18, 10. It's hard. &^%ing. Work.

What is fun (for me at least) is hanging out with the older boys' friends. Allows me to behave like a child again.

We bought home baby girl number two yesterday , everything went well

We can already see a different personality in her to her older sister , is a bit more cruisy and not as loud.
Funnily enough at birth they were almost identical . Same length only 40grams difference

We bought home baby girl number two yesterday , everything went well

We can already see a different personality in her to her older sister , is a bit more cruisy and not as loud.
Funnily enough at birth they were almost identical . Same length only 40grams difference

Congratulations mate! I've got two boys, there was 5cm and 2.1kgs difference between them haha

Congratulations mate! I've got two boys, there was 5cm and 2.1kgs difference between them haha
Cheers !

Its funny how it works , lady next to my wife had a 56cm 9 pound 4 baby girl . Both parents were just around average height/size

Ahhh the joys of teething Woken up at 11, 12,1,1.30,4,4.45 and have been going strong since 6. Poor little bugger! Probably drunk on teething gel by now too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back