Family & Relationships Being a Dad

Remove this Banner Ad

I prob shouldnt of posted that.
I have read this thread before and was hoping to post in it being a dad.
But my partner was pregnant up till today.
So yeah abit sad.
I don't want to sadden the thread,mods can get rid of my posts.
Oh, I am sorry to hear. How many weeks?

Sorry to hear man. It is a gut wrenching time, all of the feels. I was terrified throughout my wife's pregnancy that something would go wrong and we'd somehow have let everyone down in the process because of all the hope and joy and excitement in the family. It is gut wrenching for a reason, while the arrival of a child is a huge burst of joy, the inverse is traumatic. A significant challenge to deal with that demonstrates a lot of resilience and care for each other.

My little girl is in a hip brace for the next few months getting sorted out for a hip issue, even though it is a minor ailment seeing her strapped up in the brace for the first time brought me to tears. Maisie on the other hand was eating her feet and laughing, taking it in her stride. Parenting.... all the feels.

My wife and I lost our first at about 9 weeks. We had literally just told our parents on the weekend and then come the monday my wife was in tears knowing something was wrong.

My wife was ok mentally but one of our friends really struggled for some time with their miscarriage.

We were lucky that we fell pregnant again not long after and all went well and we have a 6yo boy and a 3yo daughter.

I prob shouldnt of posted that.
I have read this thread before and was hoping to post in it being a dad.
But my partner was pregnant up till today.
So yeah abit sad.
I don't want to sadden the thread,mods can get rid of my posts.
That sucks balls mate. They say the most difficult/dangerous thing any human will do in their lives is to be born. Best wishes for the future.
It's a wog thing, but my missus never let us tell anyone, not even family until 3 months. Wasn't allowed to buy a single baby thing until after a safe delivery.

I have got 3 kids (6yr Girl, 4 1/2yr Girl & 9 week old boy), would not change it for the world it really gives you life purpose.

It also has it's many challenges currently going through the 6yr old not wanting to sleep in her own room atm. She is highly intellegent with a very overactive brain is a fight every night to get her to sleep and then stay in her room the whole night, constantly waking up in the morning to find her asleep on our bedroom floor after sneaking in during the night. Wish she would take some advice from her sister who is lights out every night when she hits the pollow only wakes us up if she is sick.
Have you tried a reward chart? Something along the lines of 5 nights in her own room earns a chocolate bar.

My wife and I lost our first at about 9 weeks. We had literally just told our parents on the weekend and then come the monday my wife was in tears knowing something was wrong.

My wife was ok mentally but one of our friends really struggled for some time with their miscarriage.

We were lucky that we fell pregnant again not long after and all went well and we have a 6yo boy and a 3yo daughter.

Sounds almost identical to us. We found out around 8 weeks. I know you are meant to wait till 12 weeks to say anything but we couldnt contain the excitement so told our parents a few days later, then 3-4 days later she had a miscarriage. Felt so stupid having to ring them up with the bad news after seeing how excited they were just a few days before hand. Probably even worse than finding out about the miscarriage itself.

Now have a 4 year old boy, a nearly 2 year old boy and a 'surprise' 5 week old girl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a proud dad. It's surprisingly easier to adjust my life than I thought but still learning everyday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back