Family & Relationships Being a Dad

Remove this Banner Ad

My son is 2 weeks old today and has celebrated by spewing on me 3 times......

Has anyone else noticed their newborns get alot more wind off breast milk than formula?
from memory which is probably wrong it has to do with it being easier to drink from a bottle than a boob so they swallow less air

Held my 24 hour old nephew today! Awesome! My wife and I were done decade ago.

I reckon this little package will be the making of my brother-in-law who is a biiiiit of a screw up. Smart, successful professionally... and a disaster when it comes to self-control and moderation.

Will be great to see what being a dad does for him. I think it'll give him anew purpose and guiding star that'll simplify the rest of his life. We'll see.

He's doing well so far! So's the bub! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Never thought i'd see the day on a Wednesday afternoon when i was changing my almost 4 week old boys nappy and got caught out mid s**t, witnessing as i can only desctibe as a soft serve machine in action.

Never thought i'd see the day on a Wednesday afternoon when i was changing my almost 4 week old boys nappy and got caught out mid s**t, witnessing as i can only desctibe as a soft serve machine in action.

One of the worst things ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short of actually giving birth and feeding from the boob, dads can do everything mums can. And should.
Nah. It depends what works best for the relationship.

Plenty of couples have tasks they hate that they trade off between each other - as long as the workload's evenly split, who does what isn't that important.

My wife cleaned shitty nappies for our kids because it was her job, only had to do it for a few years.
Me on the other hand have had to stick up with their s**t for the last 30 years, enjoy fatherhood.

Plenty of couples have tasks they hate that they trade off between each other - as long as the workload's evenly split, who does what isn't that important.

Yeh, agreed, everyone doesn't need to do the exact same thing. But everything is on the table to be distributed. I don't buy into the "it's a man's job..." or "it's a woman's job...." is all I meant.

Also, I meet many a dad with a big shiny professional career and a nice car... and their second or third marriage. A big part of that is not prioritising the family stuff. Including the gross and annoying aspects of kid-wrangling, which is important stuff.

I'm no dad, but I reckon I would invest in a gas mask for times when it comes to changing nappies. I'd be dry heaving all over the shop without it.
Cleaning your kids nappies ends up being like smelling your own farts. For some reason you can tolerate your kids stink fairly quickly, but still get grossed out at the thought of going near anyone else's kids dirty behind to clean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To a certain extent i agree however theres an element of bonding between dad and child that shouldn't be lost in the equation

I'm no dad, but I reckon I would invest in a gas mask for times when it comes to changing nappies. I'd be dry heaving all over the shop without it.

When only on breast milk until they start solids it actually smells quite sweet. When they start solids its a different story but you've already become accustomed to it.

Its the poo explosions when young which end up literally up to the armpits in it which is the challenge.

The smell isn't too bad. It's when it goes half way up their back is the problem.

Cleaning your kids nappies ends up being like smelling your own farts. For some reason you can tolerate your kids stink fairly quickly, but still get grossed out at the thought of going near anyone else's kids dirty behind to clean.

Best bit is when feeling sick they sleep in your bed and wake you up with Daddy Im sick and then spew in your cupped hands to save the bed...

You cant be squeamish and have raised kids. They make you immune to everything.

Yeah it's probably a good thing I dont want kids then.
I've always thought the general smell of babies (that smell I'm meant to be like so turned on by as a woman) is pretty horrid, let alone s**t and vomit.

But then again I remember doing work experience at Lort Smith and cleaning up dog and cat stuff, I did not have the slightest problem with. So go figure.

/sorry for intruding and keep up the good work Dads :)

Yeah it's probably a good thing I dont want kids then.
I've always thought the general smell of babies (that smell I'm meant to be like so turned on by as a woman) is pretty horrid, let alone s**t and vomit.

But then again I remember doing work experience at Lort Smith and cleaning up dog and cat stuff, I did not have the slightest problem with. So go figure.

/sorry for intruding and keep up the good work Dads :)
The smell is fine, but I’ve never gotten the babies are cute thing. No, babies are generally ugly strangely shaped mini-people (and I include my own as babies). It’s not until 18-24 months they can cross (a minority) into cute kids, but even then most aren’t.

The smell is fine, but I’ve never gotten the babies are cute thing. No, babies are generally ugly strangely shaped mini-people (and I include my own as babies). It’s not until 18-24 months they can cross (a minority) into cute kids, but even then most aren’t.
My mates don't bring up how cute their babies are with me. They know the look I'll give.

My wife cleaned shitty nappies for our kids because it was her job, only had to do it for a few years.
Me on the other hand have had to stick up with their s**t for the last 30 years, enjoy fatherhood.

Which part are you bemoaning?

You made your choice with the selection of your lady and made your choice to have kids. Did you make some bad choices?

Which part are you bemoaning?

You made your choice with the selection of your lady and made your choice to have kids. Did you make some bad choices?
Well let me fill you in, when I married her she was absolutely beautiful, I have photos to prove it. 40 years later she is fat, ugly and a pain in the arse, if she wasn't still working she'd be out on that said fat arse.
As for our children, like all babies, 'aren't they beautiful'. * me I wish I'd adopted them out at birth.
The only saving grace is that I'm still the same stunning adonis I was at 17 and can still pick up at will.

Well let me fill you in, when I married her she was absolutely beautiful, I have photos to prove it. 40 years later she is fat, ugly and a pain in the arse, if she wasn't still working she'd be out on that said fat arse.
As for our children, like all babies, 'aren't they beautiful'. **** me I wish I'd adopted them out at birth.
The only saving grace is that I'm still the same stunning adonis I was at 17 and can still pick up at will.

Or you're a fat dumpy campaigner with self esteem issues...

Who knows on the net tho

As for our children, like all babies, 'aren't they beautiful'. **** me I wish I'd adopted them out at birth.

Good story. I believe you of course. No reason not to. :)

Just on being a dad and a question many may not like, but; Did you really want to be a dad, or just felt like it was the right thing to do at the time?
If you did genuinely yearn having a child. Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back