Review Believe you campaigners!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there's a first time for everything. We certainly were spoon-fed the frees in that last quarter.

I dont think the umps had any idea what they were doing in the first half, they must have been on the magic mushrooms or something.

Blatant missed frees/bizarre frees to both sides, 50m penalties that were measured in the olden days SANFL lengths, weird non-stoppages for blood. This 4 umpires thing just seems to let them think they can all smoke joints at the quarter end breaks or something.

How can it be deliberate out of bounds when and opposition player runs along side of the ball waiting for it to bounce over the line? If an opponent has the opportunity to pick up the ball but doesn't it should be a throw in. Then again the dickheads that run the AFL would not understand.

How can it be deliberate out of bounds when and opposition player runs along side of the ball waiting for it to bounce over the line? If an opponent has the opportunity to pick up the ball but doesn't it should be a throw in. Then again the dickheads that run the AFL would not understand.
So the kick was meant for the opposition?

My belief-o-meter is around half way at the moment. Been burned too many times by this group. But we seem to be developing a winning culture now so maybe, maybe...

If we’re ever gonna get on a roll the time is now. We don’t play another Top 8 side for 7 weeks so we have a sensational opportunity to consolidate Top 4.

So the kick was meant for the opposition?

The rule was introduced to keep the ball in play. If a player has the chance to pick up the ball but chooses not too isn't he as guilty as the guy who kicks it? Particulary as the guy who kicked it was under far more pressure than the player who milked the free.

Their entire tactic was to ring our midfield knowing we often have first use, it works well at stopping a midfield, but means your own is then rushed using second hand ball.
This ensured it was going to be a game of attrition and needed our defence to stand up accordingly...thankfully they did.

Hinkley did well to hold his nerve last night.

If we’re ever gonna get on a roll the time is now. We don’t play another Top 8 side for 7 weeks so we have a sensational opportunity to consolidate Top 4.
The Carlton game really needs to be a professional thumping if Carlton are in the game for more than a half hour we are kidding ourselves.

Do you need a hug?

I feel like you need a hug!
I was watching the TV on my own last night but by the time the final whistle went I was all out of hugs. :D

The down side is that I had a hard time walking to the shower this morning. :)

I’d love people to chill out.

We were 8 points down at 3-4 time and reading the forum we were 100!

High pressure games cause mistakes.

The umpiring wasn’t that bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely.
Next week should be nothing but snaps and gurgles of that joke of a club in Melbourne.
Put the boot straight in. Attack with such ferocity, win by over 100 points and make anyone and anything involved in that excuse borderline cry.

how good has the vision been of rockliff revving the boys up before the game. He was the only one talking and made the point to get in their faces. SPP took this message as when viney/oliver tried to start some angst he pushed back and did as rockliff said. Before rockliffs inclusion SPP woukd have just stood there calm and collected but now he has some agro that said we were up for the fight and translated to the rest of the team

9-4

remaining fixtures

R15 - Carlton (MCG)
R16 - St Kilda (AO)
R17 - Fremantle (Optus)
R18 - Giants (AO)
R19 - Bulldogs (Ballarat)
R20 - Adelaide (AO)
R21 - Eagles (AO)
R22 - Collingwood (MCG)
R23 - Essendon (AO)

only play 2 current top 8 sides for the remaining of the season.
the sky is the limit to what we can achieve for the rest of the year.

say we win 6/7 of those games, that would put us on 15/16 wins, possibly would be enough for a top 4 spot.

I’d love people to chill out.

We were 8 points down at 3-4 time and reading the forum we were 100!

High pressure games cause mistakes.

The umpiring wasn’t that bad.
According to Melbourne supporters they were shafted and Port were helped over the line by the umps, lol.

My belief-o-meter is around half way at the moment. Been burned too many times by this group. But we seem to be developing a winning culture now so maybe, maybe...
Yeah I'm with you

A lot wasn't great last night but a good spirited win like that is something we've not seen for three years.

After the last six weeks my Faith in Kern is @ 55/45; faith in playing group 80/20

I’m sick of talking about it and listening too all the supporters bitching about it.

Watching the replay I can see how they came to 95% of their decisions under the heat of battle. Couple of long and short 50’s all us supporters need to suck it up, it’s tiring.

The abuse too, Westhoff if you to kick this go off yourself I mean come on please

Or the guy taking a leak f’ing C, f that f f f c c c about umpires.

how good has the vision been of rockliff revving the boys up before the game. He was the only one talking and made the point to get in their faces. SPP took this message as when viney/oliver tried to start some angst he pushed back and did as rockliff said. Before rockliffs inclusion SPP woukd have just stood there calm and collected but now he has some agro that said we were up for the fight and translated to the rest of the team
Yeah nah. From game 1, whenever SPP has had a spare sec he's been shoving blokes and generally being a massive campaigner.
Edit: but yes rocky good.

a92a6.JONAS_Tom.png
Black fella way this guy is a watti pulka which translates to Big man with much respect

Hmmmmm.

Still nowhere near the level we should be. The mental resilience is great, but if you lot are happy with a performance like that then it says more about you and your lack of faith that the team would find a way to get the job done than actually offering a critique of the actual performance.

How many times were we in a situation that we could have had an easy score only for one of our players to make some stupid error by forcing another handball or delaying a kick too long? Too many times to mention.

Happy we won, sure. But this team has much further to go than just winning.

Absolutely - but this was more about the mental fortitude and resilience to grind out a come-from-behind win. We absolutely need the nuts and bolts stuff to be tidied up and get that working like clockwork to be a contender, but that ability to just grind out a win under that pressure is just as valuable.

We had the nuts and bolts working last year - hence the massive wins over mediocre opposition - but lacked the fortitude.

A little from Column A and A little from column B.

No we aren't at the level we should be but it suggests that there is a room for improvement across the entire team that should have the rest of the competition shitting bricks at what is coming.

This team showed that it has the belief now that it can grind out wins from bad starts and their confidence is on the rise, how many times in the last 4 or 5 years have we, as supporters, been able to watch a tight contest like that and have confidence they would get over the line.

Confidence, belief and determination all feed on each other, belief that we can now win tight games fuels confidence to take chances, which in turn fuels determination to grind out hard wins against the odds, which in turn adds to belief and so on.

I probably haven't worded that as well as i would have liked. My wife is going through a weight loss regime at the moment and is using this as a tool to help her. As her weight drops she has gained belief that she can do it, this has given her the confidence to keep with it even if she has a weight gain over the course of the program. As her weight has dropped she is determined that she will never go back to the weight she was.

This is how i see this team evolving at the moment.

And BTW my lovely wife has dropped 18 kilos in 7 weeks and can, for the first time, in 16 years fit into her wedding dress.

Quality teams are arrogant, bully opposition off the ball and are a bit thuggish. Looking at our team: we have that in DBJ, SPP, Dixon, Rockliff, Jonas, Wines and Thomas. The past few years I've looked at Sydney/Hawks and been envious of that aspect of their respective clubs. I think we have it now.

Our pressure last night was immense. It was the sort of win we need for confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back