Bell and Modra injured :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bell out for up to 4 weeks with a hamstring injury
and Modra injured and who knows how long he will be out for.

So let me get this right our top midfield, 2 top forwards and number one ruckman all injured.
Plus we dont know how to win games and there is a cloud over our fitness.

Where the hell do we go from here

Crow fan here, just wanted to clarify some things. Bell definitely out injured , Mods certain to be out as well?? What odds?? I heard Waterhouse could be coming back this week, his chances??
Toia?? Koops, Jones?? Any chance they could be returning??

I checked out your website but it wasn't updated. Looking forward to this week's game, should be close, I'm hoping Drummy DOESN'T get sacked, at least for one more week.

Thanks people. :)

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Bell out for up to 4 weeks with a hamstring injury
and Modra injured and who knows how long he will be out for.

So let me get this right our top midfield, 2 top forwards and number one ruckman all injured.
Plus we dont know how to win games and there is a cloud over our fitness.

Where the hell do we go from here

Freo should of course aspire to winning a game as the first step.

Beating one of the two clubs you had pegged for this years wooden spoon would seem to be an excellent opportunity to put that first win on the board, to start to turn things around.

So, given that you think of Crows as wooden spoon candidates, how do you rate Freo's chances of a turn around this very round?

Re: Re: Bell and Modra injured :(

Originally posted by Crows.ok

Freo should of course aspire to winning a game as the first step.

Beating one of the two clubs you had pegged for this years wooden spoon would seem to be an excellent opportunity to put that first win on the board, to start to turn things around.

So, given that you think of Crows as wooden spoon candidates, how do you rate Freo's chances of a turn around this very round?

Freo with a full strength side will cream any Crows side you put forward.
Allot of our players are out but that will make beating your team all the sweeter.

Re: Re: Re: Bell and Modra injured :(

Allot of our players are out but that will make beating your team all the sweeter.

Wow, that is such an amazingly over-the-top answer I'm stunned!

Now I don't wish to appear too negative on Freo's own board, but lets just have a bit of a facts review here shall we?

- Freo have never beaten Adelaide at Footy Park.
- Freo have not yet won a minor round game this season.
- Freo lost at home to West Coast, who are struggling more than Adelaide.
- Freo have quite a few of their better players out, including Haselby, Bell and possibly Modra.
- Freo's away game record isn't very sparkling, to put it mildly.
- Drum is under pressure right now. Ayres is not.

Now it is true that Adelaide didn't start out well this season. In the first three rounds Crows had about six first-choice players unavailable for selection. They lost all three of those games. Since then, as more players have become available, Crows have been quite competitive, thankyou.

- Crows will probably have Vardy back, he will be a considerable boost to our forward setup.
- Of Crows first-choice lineup, only Johnson is unavailable for this game.
- The game is at Footy Park.
- Crows form, while not scintillating, is reasonable, and improving every game.
- Crows don't have any problem with fitness. I think they have won the last quarter of just about every game this year.
- Crows feel as though they should have won two more games this year than they actually have. They feel as if they should be 4-2 now, and not 2-4. Justified or not, it is the feeling the players have, the psychology, that is important here. Crows are angry that they let two games slip, and are ready to tear things apart to redress these lapses.

Now in my considered opinion, that is a long long way from "Freo with a full strength side will cream any Crows side you put forward." Furthermore, Freo don't have a full strength side, so I guess that is your out.

Actually, I feel that Freo with a full strength side would still be at least five goals short of Crows at Footy Park. But that is of course just opinion.

I was hoping to discuss with you how you actually rated your teams chances in this game. Clearly that doesn't seem to be what you want to do.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bell and Modra injured :(

Wow, that is such an amazingly over-the-top answer I'm stunned!

Now I don't wish to appear too negative on Freo's own board, but lets just have a bit of a facts review here shall we?

- Freo have never beaten Adelaide at Footy Park.
- Freo have not yet won a minor round game this season.
- Freo lost at home to West Coast, who are struggling more than Adelaide.
- Freo have quite a few of their better players out, including Haselby, Bell and possibly Modra.
- Freo's away game record isn't very sparkling, to put it mildly.
- Drum is under pressure right now. Ayres is not.

Now it is true that Adelaide didn't start out well this season. In the first three rounds Crows had about six first-choice players unavailable for selection. They lost all three of those games. Since then, as more players have become available, Crows have been quite competitive, thankyou.

- Crows will probably have Vardy back, he will be a considerable boost to our forward setup.
- Of Crows first-choice lineup, only Johnson is unavailable for this game.
- The game is at Footy Park.
- Crows form, while not scintillating, is reasonable, and improving every game.
- Crows don't have any problem with fitness. I think they have won the last quarter of just about every game this year.
- Crows feel as though they should have won two more games this year than they actually have. They feel as if they should be 4-2 now, and not 2-4. Justified or not, it is the feeling the players have, the psychology, that is important here. Crows are angry that they let two games slip, and are ready to tear things apart to redress these lapses.

Now in my considered opinion, that is a long long way from "Freo with a full strength side will cream any Crows side you put forward." Furthermore, Freo don't have a full strength side, so I guess that is your out.

Actually, I feel that Freo with a full strength side would still be at least five goals short of Crows at Footy Park. But that is of course just opinion.

I was hoping to discuss with you how you actually rated your teams chances in this game. Clearly that doesn't seem to be what you want to do.

O comon
You will only be happy when I say freo wont win.
So unless you can understand that im not going to say that, we wont be about to discuss our teams now will we.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bell and Modra injured :(

O comon
You will only be happy when I say freo wont win.
So unless you can understand that im not going to say that, we wont be about to discuss our teams now will we.

Come on yourself.

"Freo have a fair to middling chance I think because <<insert vaguely credible reasons here>> is miles and miles away from "Freo with a full strength side will cream any Crows side you put forward.
Allot of our players are out but that will make beating your team all the sweeter."

I surely don't expect you to say you think Freo would lose.

But surely we can at least discuss sensibly what Freo can do to counter Crows, and what Crows must ensure that they do to overcome Freo, etc, etc. You can say all this without saying you think Freo will lose.

Here is a start ... you need someone to make Jarman run around too much on the half back flaank. You will need a top tagger for McLeod. You also need a tag for Roo. You will need someone who can run constantly all day to keep up with Burton.

Crows have trouble with taking contested marks in the forward line. Will Freo use a flood? Do they do that, and do they do it well? If Freo leave it open, Crows will move the ball around quite efficiently and will score more easily.

Who are Freos midfielder to take the place of Bell and Haselby? How will you match up Edwards (after McLeod) and Goodwin (after Jarman) ?

If you think Crows list is so s**t ... as you have repeatedly claimed ad nauseum to date ... all of these should be easy answers. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Why the hell not?

Originally posted by ant
Crow fan here, just wanted to clarify some things. Bell definitely out injured , Mods certain to be out as well?? What odds?? I heard Waterhouse could be coming back this week, his chances??
Toia?? Koops, Jones?? Any chance they could be returning??

I checked out your website but it wasn't updated. Looking forward to this week's game, should be close, I'm hoping Drummy DOESN'T get sacked, at least for one more week.

Thanks people. :)

well clive should be back toia i think is still recovering koops got injured in the melb game jones got injured the week b4 and drummy still has a job but the whole freo board thingo team wateva is going to be looked over in the next few weeks i think that is wat they said

Re: Re: Re: Bell and Modra injured :(

:D :D :D

Oh god Sabre, your not actually serious?

yous are 0-6, remember that!

Sabre - you are close to the most delusional fool on the BigFooty site.

At least the idiots from other clubs have some facts to fall back on

Freo have done nothing and don't ever look like doing anything

I actually want them to do well as the more non-Victorian sides in the finals the better.

Crows by 10 goals plus.

:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um Freo
I didnt rate the crows at the beggining of the year
and I dont rate them now

Well, at least sabre_ac that is consistent.

I take this view into account as much I suppose as sabre_ac would my view that I don't rate Freo. In my view sabre_ac's rating of Freo and not Crows is not quite rational, but what the hey, to each his own.

I will say that if Freo do win this week I would have to re-assess. Perhaps Freo do have something.

What about it, sabre_ac - what will you think if Crows win? Still not rate them?

I seem to recall that sabre_ac also did not rate West Coast at the season start. But he does seem to still rate Freo. Tell me sabre_ac, did you carry these relative "ratings" through the game where Freo lost to West Coast? Or was that game only some sort of abberation?

I wonder how many abberations it will take before Freos rating begins to decline in sabre_ac's eyes? Seven losses? Eleven?

Just curious.

Um Freo
I didnt rate the crows at the beggining of the year
and I dont rate them now

I have just worked it out Sabre

You are actually Damien Drum!!!!!

Good luck in your new employment

Crows may take their total to 5 coaches that they have been responsible for getting sacked by the end of Saturday night's game

Cornes, Shaw, Schimmelbush (sic), Walls and DRUM.

I take this view into account as much I suppose as sabre_ac would my view that I don't rate Freo. In my view sabre_ac's rating of Freo and not Crows is not quite rational, but what the hey, to each his own.

I will say that if Freo do win this week I would have to re-assess. Perhaps Freo do have something.

What about it, sabre_ac - what will you think if Crows win? Still not rate them?

I seem to recall that sabre_ac also did not rate West Coast at the season start. But he does seem to still rate Freo. Tell me sabre_ac, did you carry these relative "ratings" through the game where Freo lost to West Coast? Or was that game only some sort of abberation?

I wonder how many abberations it will take before Freos rating begins to decline in sabre_ac's eyes? Seven losses? Eleven?

Just curious.

In my opinion eagles are worse than the crows.
We lost to them simply becasue of teh our last quater fade out and the loss of our 2 top players at the beggining of the game.
Serverly limiting our player stocks and numbers on the bench.

I never said Freo were premireship material, I said they were top 8 material.
And I stand by that claim.

In my opinion eagles are worse than the crows.
We lost to them simply becasue of teh our last quater fade out and the loss of our 2 top players at the beggining of the game.
Serverly limiting our player stocks and numbers on the bench.

I never said Freo were premireship material, I said they were top 8 material.
And I stand by that claim.

Imagine what will happen if they play the first three quarters like they have been playing the last

That's just as likely as vice versa.

At least you are optimistic

You bring a whole new definition to the phrase - Fool's Gold

Originally posted by Jars458

Imagine what will happen if they play the first three quarters like they have been playing the last

That's just as likely as vice versa.

At least you are optimistic

You bring a whole new definition to the phrase - Fool's Gold

So far I have said it how I see it.
I didnt attack you, yet you continue to bring up these personal attacks.

Your teams isnt exactly sitting pretty.
Your playing at home against an undermaned freo side.
I dont care wat the odds are im still going to tip my side.

Jars if we play for 4 quarters like we have played the first 3 overthe past few matches.You will get killed, so pray that we dont play like that.

When were have been on song, we are and were a better side than Brisban, Carlton,Hawthorne and Melbourne.
But we couldnt keep up the effort.
Your team isnt in the same league as those 4.
So I think that if even if we continue the trend, with the 4th quater fade out we will still beat your team.

Your teams isnt exactly sitting pretty.
Your playing at home against an undermaned freo side.
I dont care wat the odds are im still going to tip my side.

Jars if we play for 4 quarters like we have played the first 3 overthe past few matches.You will get killed, so pray that we dont play like that.

When were have been on song, we are and were a better side than Brisban, Carlton,Hawthorne and Melbourne.
But we couldnt keep up the effort.
Your team isnt in the same league as those 4.
So I think that if even if we continue the trend, with the 4th quater fade out we will still beat your team.

Sorry to disagree, there, my delusional friend, but once again you are just a little shy of the facts.

Crows this season have been entirely in the same league as Carlton, Melbourne & Hawthorn (those being teams we have actually played to date). Crows have beaten Carlton and all but beaten the other two (had more scoring shots, just shy {3 & 13 points} of a winning score, but entirely competitive). Carlton & Hawthorn were away games for Crows, as well.

If you continue the trend Freo would be about 4 goals shy of Crows at 3 quarter time, then lose by more than 8 goals.

Freo will have to improve considerably over their trend so far to get anywhere close to the Crows.

Mind you, all this is in my opinion, of course. No-one can pretend to be able to predict outcomes in this most unpredictable of games.

But I think you will find that I have actually represented "the trend" for this season to date for these two teams more accurately than you have, sabre_ac.

Do please try to be a little more objective, will you?

well i dont rate either! :D :p

plus i dont think sabre rates ANYONE either

They are only personal in as much as they attack your views that fly in the face of facts

As a person I make no comment about you as I don't know you

People are generally delusional about their own team

you - just a bit more than most

:)

Well Jars and Macca who is more delusional, a dockers fan who believes in his team against all odds, or some south australians who bag the dockers on the docker's board and expect everyone to agree with them?

I may not agree with everything Sabre posts but I give him top marks for consistency.

If you guys want to continue to bore us all with longwinded semi-factual discussions on why your team is clearly better then go ahead - for all I know you guys enjoy this. But please accept the fact that Sabre's opinions won't change.

Oh yeh - there is an old saying that may be appropriate here,
footy is not about logic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back