Bell to captain Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

tjrra

Senior List
Mar 26, 2001
Manjimup-Western Australi
It is no big surprise but Peter Bell will captain the Dockers this season, he has played the role as a leader with his play last season but now its official. I think he is the perfect choice of captain.

Peter Bell will join the exclusive ranks of Peter Mann, Chris Bond, Adrian Fletcher as captain of the Dockers. What company to be with :p

I mentioned those 3 because of what happened after they were captain at the Dockers.

Mann: Hack who retired
Bond: Got the boot
Fletcher: Got the boot

This topic about freo's captain has NOT ONE freo supporters response
Whats up with that:confused: [/B]

For us the Freo captiancy is a non issue, we've known it has been coming for 12 months.

As for new vice captains theres a few that may get the job: Norrish, McManus, Waterhouse Jones or perhaps someone younger like Pavlich or Haselby.

Originally posted by Balip

For us the Freo captiancy is a non issue, we've known it has been coming for 12 months.

As for new vice captains theres a few that may get the job: Norrish, McManus, Waterhouse Jones or perhaps someone younger like Pavlich or Haselby.

Peter Bell was going to be captain from the moment he signed with the club.
He was a born leader,the roos in there peak saw this and the dockers managment saw it.
My tip for vice captaincy is Brown, this kid is a leader and is always the first to congratulates his team mates.
Hes a physical prescence on the field and exactly what is needed.

vice captain

I think that if Shaun is not given at least an assistant V/C there is something wrong.In my opinion the only trouble he had last year was that he tried to hard.His leadership qualities in the latter part of the season were exemplary.Jimmy Walker is another who springs to mind,they must give him some incentive to want to remain a Docker.The same could be said for Leigh Brown.I don't think the older player like Jones,Parker and co will even be considered.Youth must be the priority when they choose the new leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think McManus is a great club man and leader, but after having his multiple knee reconstructions I think it was a bit harder to lead when the game was up for grabs (not very often). I sorta feel sorry for him though, because seeing him on the field, noone could doubt the effort and determination he put in. As for the new captain, bell would be a great choice, he's good with the media, seems to have his teammates respect and leads by example on the field. I think other players who should have leadership roles are Brown, McManus, and Parker all of whom seem to have great leadership qualities.

Hopefully the change will ease some pressure off McManus and allow bell to lead from the front this year.

i beleive that if pavlich is given the deputy vice captaincy (honsestly i cant think of a decent vc) then it will be a good move by the dockers and a big step in the right direction

Not sweet

Originally posted by McCartney5
Bell will just leave in a couple of years for more money anyhow
Agh macca what sour grapes you are eating.The guy has come home for goodness sake.It would pay you to look in the past to see that the success of the Roos in past years has come from the cheque book and poaching players from other clubs.This come home to roost.

Originally posted by FattyLumpkin
Pav will be back in Adelaide then.

Fatty

Well god knows, you need someone like him don't you.

We'll just set him up with a nice WA girl and he will soon forget the "city of churches" LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back