Bellarine 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

As i posted on the GFL page, the Carson's and Luke Forbes have been offered $45,000 at modda...can anyone tell me where Modda get there $$$

Also a handy ruckmen thus things are looking promising there!

Good news that Liam Rock has returned, a ruckman would be handy also, especially considering that 4 of OG's best 6 players wont be on the park next season! Dalton, Lynch, Costello and Sinnott are big holes to fill.

any truth that lynch is playing coach at queenscliff?

Also why isn't dalton playing at OG? Sinnott injured i assume after doing a knee and what is the costello story, retiring? few question marks starting to appear, would really like to know lynch and couta rumour the grubbers needed another ruckman, so who did they sign?

Well done to Tommy Limb, great player, super guy and deserves a chance at coaching his beloved club.

Should we be worried, it is lat eOctober and there has been no reported signings at Modda. This time of year they normally have heaps of new blokes signed up, talkkinging finals, yet haven't heard much from these boys as yet. How are they travelling with recruitment? I see the Carsons have resigned at Joeys so that deal fell through?

Which clubs have already recruited and which clubs have lost players?

Well done to Tommy Limb, great player, super guy and deserves a chance at coaching his beloved club.

Should we be worried, it is lat eOctober and there has been no reported signings at Modda. This time of year they normally have heaps of new blokes signed up, talkkinging finals, yet haven't heard much from these boys as yet. How are they travelling with recruitment? I see the Carsons have resigned at Joeys so that deal fell through?

Which clubs have already recruited and which clubs have lost players?

Jack Moorfoot from Birregurra to Modda

Costello moving to Qld, Lynch and Dalton finishing up due to family reasons, Sinnott knee reco. Latest news is that McTaggart, Gray, Doherty and Wellington also wanting to move on, could be others also??? Stay tuned!

Also why isn't dalton playing at OG? Sinnott injured i assume after doing a knee and what is the costello story, retiring? few question marks starting to appear, would really like to know lynch and couta rumour the grubbers needed another ruckman, so who did they sign?

Costello moving to Qld, Lynch and Dalton finishing up due to family reasons, Sinnott knee reco. Latest news is that McTaggart, Gray, Doherty and Wellington also wanting to move on, could be others also??? Stay tuned!

Wellington to Bell Park???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ruckman is ex Geelong West Michael Stewart. He had a year off last year. Athletic big man should fit in nicely. Is Ocean Grove/Geelong West player swap the new Torquay/Grovedale?

davenport is there target and that will bring players and make them go forward he did it at st albans and could do it there

The tumbleweeds are blowing through this post. Surely someone has news. Can anyone confirm Tony brown playing for barwon heads

Tony Brown will be runner for St Kilda and when they don't clash will be a seagull for 3 - 4 games only this season, good get by Barwon heads albeit for such a small part of the season.

Paul Sullivan - In talks with Torquay. May not play football

Brandon Backwell - Close to signing at Torquay last week and back flipped and has gone to Ocean Grove

L Hollimer - Deciding between Ammos and Ocean Grove, may stay at Lara where he brothe rhas recommitted

L Buckland - Close to agreeing to terms with Ammos

Thats what I heard the past week,

I dont think that Luke Buckland would play for ammos. If he comes to the BFL wouldnt it be for Queenscliff seeing his brother is there?? Ocean Grove must be spending a bit when are they gonna play their kids instead of wasting money on all these recruits

Werty,
All I stated is what I had heard inthe past week, some of these may not come to fruition but you said things were a bit boring... plus, werent you the one who said, Tom to Lara, Dragacevic to Barwon Heads, Carsons to Modda? None of them were right? I have heard Buckland close to Ammo's, it does make sense queenscliff but don't believe they can afford him.

Your comments re Ocean Grove. They have been playing kids past 2 years, youngest list of the Top 5 from last year and they will lose a few older blokes, just think they are replacing them. From what I am led to believe have only picked up 4 or 5 new guys, they lose Sinnott, Costello, Lynch and Dalton. That leaves kids only to play

Could be an interesting year, Ammos lost a few and trying hard to recruit big names, Queenscliff working ion keeping list together, Grove few changes, Anglesea have tried to secure the Carsons and a few Grovey boys, not much movement, Tigers have recruited well, lost a few but we always do this. new coaches will be real good, Modda have approached many but got not much.
In my mind the sleepers have been Port. They have been the real winners picking up quality GFL players, no stars but good players at GFL and super people. They wont be finalists but expect them to have some wins and be competitive again.

Bring on the new season and lets see what rumours come true. I reckon less than 10% on tehse forums actually happen anyway,

I dont think that Luke Buckland would play for ammos. If he comes to the BFL wouldnt it be for Queenscliff seeing his brother is there?? Ocean Grove must be spending a bit when are they gonna play their kids instead of wasting money on all these recruits

I believe the COUTAS chased Luke B but were told he had re committed with Sth B. And in Groves defense they have lost a lot of home grown talent over the last few years ( rocks,Walter,Stanley,orrs,etc) so they need to replace them with someone. Also heard COUTAS have lost no one and gained 4 gfl boys that will all play seniors straight up,and Grout to return before half way mark.Barwon heads struggling to attract players and perhaps if Brown does sign that may help their cause.Ammos will surely try and buy anyone and everyone to avoid massive disappointment again,however most of us hope they fail dismally again. Hard to imagine last years bottom 5 challenging for finals,the league desperately need port,Modda and Newcombe to improve.

Not sure why anyone would go to Ammos. Oh wait hang on for dollars and to play in a losing grand final. That club is full of players there only for money that's why they don't win when it comes to the crunch in the big one, they don't really care all the want is the dollars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back