Bellarine 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I read in the warrnambool paper today that dylan chaplin-burch is going back to play for deakin in the warrnambool.d.f.l.

That would be the same Dcb that trained at QCliff on Tuesday night and said nothing!! The first the coach finds out about it is via the media! WTF!! Yet reported to of signed a week ago at Deakin.All sounds like valid reasons,yet he told QCliff he was playing that he didn't want to leave that he loved the club,that last year was the most he has ever enjoyed footy! WTF Dylan Sorry to see you go but mate you have some serious growing up to do .

Off season, good question!

We had probably only 2 of out best maybe 3 miss. GWSP supposedly had up to 6 - 8 missing. We started a bit slow, or GWS started well. Overall we looked pretty good, some bigger experienced bodies helped. I reckon we were down by around 9 - 10 goals at half time and pulled back the margin to close to 3 goals in the end.

Terrific signs and this could be the year of the Tigers but ....

Has anyone noticed we have been alot more quiet this year... club keen to keep a lid on things and has asked we refrain from saying too much outside our environment. Thats why the boys wont be giving much away in the papers and they will only be making general footy statements. Probably a good thing. I think I will help out by keeping quiet

In summary I would like you to acknowledge the $4.00 on offer from sportsbet has already been snapped up by some astute punters.

Beach Boy signing off

Off season, good question!

We had probably only 2 of out best maybe 3 miss. GWSP supposedly had up to 6 - 8 missing. We started a bit slow, or GWS started well. Overall we looked pretty good, some bigger experienced bodies helped. I reckon we were down by around 9 - 10 goals at half time and pulled back the margin to close to 3 goals in the end.

Terrific signs and this could be the year of the Tigers but ....

Has anyone noticed we have been alot more quiet this year... club keen to keep a lid on things and has asked we refrain from saying too much outside our environment. Thats why the boys wont be giving much away in the papers and they will only be making general footy statements. Probably a good thing. I think I will help out by keeping quiet

In summary I would like you to acknowledge the $4.00 on offer from sportsbet has already been snapped up by some astute punters.

Beach Boy signing off

Signing off for the season beach boy?!

Who were some of the stand out players for the Tigers? Any of the recruits?

Rocbank require a practice match for this Saturday pm if any team is avaible cheers lads

How did Torquay go against Epping on Saturday? I heard Christie was stretchered off in the first few minutes. Anyone know what happened?

rumours around is that Darcy Williamson has been shopping himself around a few clubs in the Geelong league, anyone know if this is true? also, how good is he? i see he was training with the vfl team over the summer? why didnt he get drafted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard something similar, but not just GFL clubs. The kid has potential but what he wanted when speaking with Craig was plain ridiculos.

In reference to our dual coaches, I like the way Craig has taken the bull buythe horns and assumed the more senior responsibility of the 2, with standing back alittle. This is the only way dual coaches can work. I was concerned how they would both do the job, but with Craig taking more responsibility and the senior reigns, it will allow Mick to play better football. Lets hope the egos stay away this year, because currently there is a great feel around the traps.

Cant wait for Rd 1 against Modda, then listening to one Barry Hall before another home game against Ammo's. Go Tigers lets start the season 2-0

I went and had a look at the bheads v a'sea game. A'sea kicked the first 4 goals of the game and looked sharp but after that bheads played some very good footy. bheads did lead for most of the game and should have won. Bheads were 3 pts down late in the game when ben davis had a shot at goal the ball hit the top of the post and the goal umpire gave it a goal. A'sea did lack a tall defender. From what i seen bheads will improve and A'sea will not be a top 3 team maybe they will just make the finals.

I didn't see the game so can't say unfortunately. The paper didn't have the best players for Torquay - anyone see the game who can give a bit of feedback about better players, surprises etc?

A solid team effort with no one dominating, Modda have also improved.

3 U/18 players played in this game, all played a role. Matty Boag was a standout in his first senior game for the Tigers.

8 U/18's played senior footy last season and after round 2 this season 4 U/18's have played senior footy with more to come through the season I suspect.

The junior program at Torquay is very good and the coaching at U/18 level has fast tracked the boys development. The club is in a very strong position moving forward in terms of talent coming through the system.

Modda have definately improved their list but what is the go with their coach bagging the GFL over the fixture. All sides in the BFL play each twice, they have had 1 away and 1 home game. They play at home this week against Drysdale, a side who failed to play finals last year, if they are serious about playing finals this should be a must win. Add to that if Ammos lose again (their draw is actually the toughest so far), then they play a side 0-3, what more could they want.
Looks like he is up to old tricks and deflecting resposnibility and maybe planning more excuses in case they dont make finals again.
I actually think the draw has been good, Newcomb Vs Port, so one would win a game, then BH vs Port, worked out well. The draw in BFL gives all sides a chance to win games.
Afetr 2 rounds, I think Top 5 at the moment will be
Quuenscliff, Ocean grove, Torquay, Geel Ammos, Drysdale on % in front of Anglesea, then a few games back to Modda, BH, Port and Newcomb. No real surprises or changes to other predictions earlier in the year

A solid team effort with no one dominating, Modda have also improved.

3 U/18 players played in this game, all played a role. Matty Boag was a standout in his first senior game for the Tigers.

8 U/18's played senior footy last season and after round 2 this season 4 U/18's have played senior footy with more to come through the season I suspect.

The junior program at Torquay is very good and the coaching at U/18 level has fast tracked the boys development. The club is in a very strong position moving forward in terms of talent coming through the system.

Who are the four u/18 players who have played seniors in 2012 already?

I saw Boag briefly on the weekend and he is a very good young player with a strong build. To what extent did he dominate u/16s last year?

I haved watched Ammos the first couple of weeks - they will struggle to make finals and this is why.
Forward line isnt potent enough. Zappa still a good player but will struggle against number 1 defender. A few of there younger forwards who played well on the weekend will go to school footy for college and grammar now.
Midfield - Lacks speed - was there for everyone to see grand final day and they still didnt go out and recruit any speedsters.
Defence - Trav looks disinterested and if they keep losing he might even hang them up mid year. Lack run out of defence also!! Have lost sleeman, tom, white, Kangars, Goddard, Dodd, Mcarlein??, S. Clark, Smith(although he might come back). Chuck is a star but slowing down also and he carries too much of the burden these days. Which leaves me to the big recruit Buckland - I know he is a slow starter but ive heard he was having a year off and now has come back due to the money only. he looks like he is going thru the motions.

Who are the four u/18 players who have played seniors in 2012 already?

I saw Boag briefly on the weekend and he is a very good young player with a strong build. To what extent did he dominate u/16s last year?

Gross, Browne, Fitzpatrick and Boag. 8 or 9 played in the praccy matches, all good players.

I didnt see any u16 footy last season so I cant comment on Matt Boags season. What I can say is that he has put his head down over preseason and worked hard, is now enjoying the fruits of his hard work.

Modda have definately improved their list but what is the go with their coach bagging the GFL over the fixture. All sides in the BFL play each twice, they have had 1 away and 1 home game.
Not sure Modda have anything to whinge about, if they were fair dinkum they wouldnt be letting their big recruit and top player Peter Davenport piss off down to play VFL Frankston reserves instead of Modda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back