Bellarine 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I haved watched Ammos the first couple of weeks - they will struggle to make finals and this is why.
Forward line isnt potent enough. Zappa still a good player but will struggle against number 1 defender. A few of there younger forwards who played well on the weekend will go to school footy for college and grammar now.
Midfield - Lacks speed - was there for everyone to see grand final day and they still didnt go out and recruit any speedsters.
Defence - Trav looks disinterested and if they keep losing he might even hang them up mid year. Lack run out of defence also!! Have lost sleeman, tom, white, Kangars, Goddard, Dodd, Mcarlein??, S. Clark, Smith(although he might come back). Chuck is a star but slowing down also and he carries too much of the burden these days. Which leaves me to the big recruit Buckland - I know he is a slow starter but ive heard he was having a year off and now has come back due to the money only. he looks like he is going thru the motions.

Could have told you 3 grand finals ago they lacked leg speed. As for Buckland just playing for money, surely that doesnt happen at Ammos, i thought they were all there for the love of the club, no one gets big dollars there do they? A club that thinks they are a lot better than they are.

If Ammos won the first 4 games by the margin Coutas have, they would $1.90 favourites, that is why I think the $2.80 on offer from Sportsbet is amazingly good value,

Similar to last year, only 4 sides can make the GF, slightly different 4 with A'sea out and Tigers in, Queenscliff to me look an absolute certainty, the other spot though is very much still up for grabs. Top 3 could become extremely important and will % play a part as it did for 5th last year

Other tips,
Danny Degois (QC) - to win the goalkicking this year with 80 goals

Shaun Wells (Dry) - to win comp B and F

If Ammos won the first 4 games by the margin Coutas have, they would $1.90 favourites, that is why I think the $2.80 on offer from Sportsbet is amazingly good value,

Similar to last year, only 4 sides can make the GF, slightly different 4 with A'sea out and Tigers in, Queenscliff to me look an absolute certainty, the other spot though is very much still up for grabs. Top 3 could become extremely important and will % play a part as it did for 5th last year

Other tips,
Danny Degois (QC) - to win the goalkicking this year with 80 goals

Shaun Wells (Dry) - to win comp B and F

Beach Boy, not sure on your first prediction as haven't seen Degois play, but Shaun Wells to win the b & f not to sure on that one, wins heaps of the ball but his kicking is terrible, just bombs it everytime but the umpires may not take this into consideration. Might have a few dollars on D. Measures.

Beach Boy, not sure on your first prediction as haven't seen Degois play, but Shaun Wells to win the b & f not to sure on that one, wins heaps of the ball but his kicking is terrible, just bombs it everytime but the umpires may not take this into consideration. Might have a few dollars on D. Measures.

Acson, I think The umpires need to worry about the game more, and not who to give votes to after the game, some off the umpiring in the bellarine and the geelong region has been questionable at best. As for the statement on D.Measures i do agree he is a big chance for the b&f

Who's going to take the chocolates between Queenscliff and Torquay this weekend? Massive game.

I reckon the Coutas might have their measure by 3-5 goals, especially at home. But if the Tigers can get their running game going, quick delivery to the forwards, they're in with a chance.

If the Tigers do get up premiership predictions will soon follow...

I was there, we were in at half time. Led by a few points and playing pretty well, our bigger bodies were controlling the stoppages then the Coutas just started running and never stopped, we couldnt keep up. Blokes like Owen and Measures across HB just ran and ran and ran and in the end the scoreline flattered our blokes. 20 plus scoring shots less
Concerned that a few bad habits crept back in, bit of onfield banter between teammates, good to hear Craig address this at 3/4 time though.

The break comes at the ideal time for our guys, great start for the year and pretty happy sitting 6-1 and only loss to the outright best side in this competition. The development of our kids have been great and finally we are starting to deliver. I think we are 12 months away, but certainly on the right path,

In reference to Qcliff, I cant see anyone beating them at this stage. I know Drysy got close last week, but they play such a quick and relentless running style. I cant see anyone matching them especially on big grounds during the finals

I see Queenscliff won convincingly. Anyone see the game??

I couldn't get to the game but saw this in the local paper. http://www.surfcoasttimes.com.au/sport/aussierules/2012/05/22/coutas-too-fast-too-good/

By the sounds of this, it's going to take quite an effort for anyone to knock off the reigning premiers. To go into half time two points down, and then respond the way they did, winning by 10 goals, shows that they must be very motivated and well-drilled.

Well done to all players on Saturday who represented the BFL in such a great fashion. Overall the BFL looked much taller, faster and really highlights that the past few years we have put together a pretty ordinaru line up.

I spoke with a few supporters of all teams and the praise at the moment for Queenscliff is unbelievable. Acquistions such as Ridlings who was hard at the footy Saturday, had added some midfield strength, plus the St Marys bookends, plus throw in a Joe Kelly, I can see what all the hype is,

On another note, well done to Glees for such a fine performance. Good to see him perform onthe big stage. His early season form with exception of Anglesea has been just OK, but obviously the selectors saw something in him and it paid dividends. Also Josh Gray and Fowkesy on both putting on another solid 4 quarter performance.

Looking forward to the trip down to the Hawks nest and a chance to grab 2nd spot back

Well done to all players on Saturday who represented the BFL in such a great fashion. Overall the BFL looked much taller, faster and really highlights that the past few years we have put together a pretty ordinaru line up.

I spoke with a few supporters of all teams and the praise at the moment for Queenscliff is unbelievable. Acquistions such as Ridlings who was hard at the footy Saturday, had added some midfield strength, plus the St Marys bookends, plus throw in a Joe Kelly, I can see what all the hype is,

On another note, well done to Glees for such a fine performance. Good to see him perform onthe big stage. His early season form with exception of Anglesea has been just OK, but obviously the selectors saw something in him and it paid dividends. Also Josh Gray and Fowkesy on both putting on another solid 4 quarter performance.

Looking forward to the trip down to the Hawks nest and a chance to grab 2nd spot back

Did Gleeson ever play GFL interleague? Were there any injuries to come out of the game?

umm has he had a crack at a higher level? if you include the VFL at north ballarat, then yes!

big game at OG this week, predictions?

umm has he had a crack at a higher level? if you include the VFL at north ballarat, then yes!

big game at OG this week, predictions?

Did he play much footy at North Ballarat??

Queenscliff by less than 20 points over the Grubbers.
Drysdale by 5 goals over Torquay.
Ammos by 8 goals over Anglesea.
Barwon Heads and Modda by a long way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom limb has played at Nth Ballarat and was a handy player. He is giving back to his local club which is a good thing. If he coaches a couple of flags at Queenscliff dont be surprised to see him coach at GFL in 3 years time, still playing. He is only 25.

Tips
Queenscliff by 12 goals over Grubbers
Torquay by 3 goals over Drysdale
Ammos by 2 goals over Anglesea
Modda by 13 goals over Port and in a surprise
Newcomb to win by 9 points over Barwon Heads

Tom limb has played at Nth Ballarat and was a handy player. He is giving back to his local club which is a good thing. If he coaches a couple of flags at Queenscliff dont be surprised to see him coach at GFL in 3 years time, still playing. He is only 25.

Tips
Queenscliff by 12 goals over Grubbers
Torquay by 3 goals over Drysdale
Ammos by 2 goals over Anglesea
Modda by 13 goals over Port and in a surprise
Newcomb to win by 9 points over Barwon Heads

Quite a bit off with your Newcomb prediction there Jiver!

Huge game between Ocean Grove and Torquay this week but i reckon home ground advantage might see the Grove get over the line... just.

Does everyone agree that it's Queenscliff then the rest? Hard to see anyone getting near them and at $2 with Sportsbet might be worth putting a couple gee's on them.

Yes I was wrong, I actually thought it could be a turn up. Did heads really kick 20 in the last qtr as the paper reported?

Big game at Grubber land this week. Our blokes were super impressive at the Hawks Nest. Good to see our veterans keep fit by chugging along on the pushy's. The report from QC and OG game was QC real good again but Grove ordinary in first half and just battled in the 2nd half. We dont rate them as serious contenders. If we play our brand of football we win again and we win well.

I told you a month or so again the $2.80 on Coutas was a good thing, take this into Tigers as saviour at $5 last week and looking good come September,

Go tigers

Yes I was wrong, I actually thought it could be a turn up. Did heads really kick 20 in the last qtr as the paper reported?

Big game at Grubber land this week. Our blokes were super impressive at the Hawks Nest. Good to see our veterans keep fit by chugging along on the pushy's. The report from QC and OG game was QC real good again but Grove ordinary in first half and just battled in the 2nd half. We dont rate them as serious contenders. If we play our brand of football we win again and we win well.

I told you a month or so again the $2.80 on Coutas was a good thing, take this into Tigers as saviour at $5 last week and looking good come September,

Go tigers

Na BH didn't kick 20 last qtr goals according to a mate who was at the game. Their scores reported in the 2nd and 3rd quarters was what they kicked for that quarter, someone at FG didn't aggregate them.

Go tigers[/quote

Had a good look at the Grove v Coutas game on the weekend and the $2.80 will not last long, i think beach boy mentioned owens and measures off half back, there understanding on when to defend and when to attack is amazing and the addition of the two boys from st marys and the other one from newtown (cant think of there names) who was injured before half time has well and truly replaced who they lost from last year side. Not sure what measures is paying for the league B&F but get on him!!!!!!

Pretty quiet in here the last couple weeks.

I reckon Ammos are a good show of knocking off the Tigers this Saturday.

Interesting to see in the paper that the Ammos coach has already said he is not coaching next year. So if anyone is looking for a good super payout as a coach there is a job free. Plenty of coin there and you dont even have to win a grand final.

Pretty quiet in here the last couple weeks.

I reckon Ammos are a good show of knocking off the Tigers this Saturday.

And did it well too. Old mate Sproule what's the excuse going to be this week? So glad Grove came out and gave them a touch up in the first half. 1pt 1st quarter, 1g 2pts second quarter to Modda oozes physical presence.

good to see the Primus brothers will be able to keep each other company on the unemployment line next year. Anglesea are a disgrace, prelim finallists last year

And did it well too. Old mate Sproule what's the excuse going to be this week? So glad Grove came out and gave them a touch up in the first half. 1pt 1st quarter, 1g 2pts second quarter to Modda oozes physical presence.

Maybe go easy on sprouley, i have been around local footy for approx 40 years and to see a club like modda not just survive but to be competitive in a reasonable league is a great effort. I know the next response will be "what about the money there spending" not sure if they are paying big money. I watched there game against torquay and granted torquay was hamstrung in the last half due to injuries but the way modda moved the ball in the second quarter was first class ( i'm not a modda supporter).

Maybe go easy on sprouley, i have been around local footy for approx 40 years and to see a club like modda not just survive but to be competitive in a reasonable league is a great effort. I know the next response will be "what about the money there spending" not sure if they are paying big money. I watched there game against torquay and granted torquay was hamstrung in the last half due to injuries but the way modda moved the ball in the second quarter was first class ( i'm not a modda supporter).

No arguments from me, my point is if as a coach you are going to come out and say another team has question marks over their physicality you'd better make sure your team comes out firing, which they didn't, or maybe more to the point, Grove did.

No arguments from me, my point is if as a coach you are going to come out and say another team has question marks over their physicality you'd better make sure your team comes out firing, which they didn't, or maybe more to the point, Grove did.

yeah it's a good point, if he's going to mouth off in the local rag and his team then doesn't back it up, then you gotta be prepared to cop some flack.

speaking of local rags, what's peoples opinion on this BFL improving but still no match for GFL

i reckon the GFL would win by 15 goals, probably more. wouldn't be a bad game to watch though.

Degois/Cashin were only so-so at St Mary's, still a bit surprised that they've had such an impact for the the coutas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back