BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there at the game today, a good contest was had but Drysdale wont get near Grove next round. Port need to win games against other teams other than Newcomb to get some creditability. When they do this they will be taken seriously .
This is true.

Port having O Keefe injured and no bench after 3/4 time didn't help their cause. Good contest that never blew out and Drysdale deserved the points.

I just hope one poster on here is as humble in victory as his club was yesterday.

This is true.

Port having O Keefe injured and no bench after 3/4 time didn't help their cause. Good contest that never blew out and Drysdale deserved the points.

I just hope one poster on here is as humble in victory as his club was yesterday.

Got the jump early, and didn't look back, I think got out to 40pts early in the last, boys seemed to put the tools away early which wasn't ideal but a wins a win

Port were competitive, pace and spread were excellent, #10 chopped us up at times, kicking goals on the run outside 50 couple times!

I think Port went in 1 tall too heavy, 3 blokes used in the ruck and Weir (lol), plus Davis/Olsen down back, we had a bit more run on a wet day!

Great to see Port improve again, Smith spoke impressively after the game, and seems to want to improve the place!

Next step has to be getting junior teams going though, no u16 or u18 teams isn't going to work once AFL Barwon start the restructures with divisions - can't see ANY team being able to recruit well if they are stuck in div 3/4 due to off-field restrictions

Got the jump early, and didn't look back, I think got out to 40pts early in the last, boys seemed to put the tools away early which wasn't ideal but a wins a win

Port were competitive, pace and spread were excellent, #10 chopped us up at times, kicking goals on the run outside 50 couple times!

I think Port went in 1 tall too heavy, 3 blokes used in the ruck and Weir (lol), plus Davis/Olsen down back, we had a bit more run on a wet day!

Great to see Port improve again, Smith spoke impressively after the game, and seems to want to improve the place!

Next step has to be getting junior teams going though, no u16 or u18 teams isn't going to work once AFL Barwon start the restructures with divisions - can't see ANY team being able to recruit well if they are stuck in div 3/4 due to off-field restrictions
Three ruckman? What? Why would they do that when they have the "best" ruckman in the league. Sounds strange

Yes it was a great day all round. We won't win games with simple skill errors that the other teams just don't do. Agree Weir has to kick goals against ALL teams. You beat us out of the middle, and your forward line functioned better. Who knows what AFL Barwon will do, they just fluff around...

Three ruckman? What? Why would they do that when they have the "best" ruckman in the league. Sounds strange
No Port didn't have 3 rucks. They have a tall forward in Kym Jones who relieves Footy in the ruck. Mitch Smith got thrown in there due to a mismatch in defence where he was chosen to play. The best ruck in the league still had the lions share of the ruck until 3/4 time when he was rested due to the 5 day turn around.

They had foot, Jones and the big bald fella (smith?) playing in the ruck/resting forward which seemed excessive! Jones did some good work early at CHF but did run outta puff

all were beaten by Hoare in the middle, which makes the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back