Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CoutaJim

Debutant
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Barwon Heads have signed Mitch Phelps from Redan. Small forward with a big price $$$. Outbid Torquay and Ocean Grove for his services. If AFL Barwon apply the points by the book he will be worth 6 points. They've probably got the room to accommodate him but its a lot to fork out on a small forward...

merrigan

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Redan
Barwon Heads have signed Mitch Phelps from Redan. Small forward with a big price $$$. Outbid Torquay and Ocean Grove for his services. If AFL Barwon apply the points by the book he will be worth 6 points. They've probably got the room to accommodate him but its a lot to fork out on a small forward...

6 points based on what?

CoutaJim

Debutant
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
6 points based on what?
3 points as a senior player, 1 point from a premier league, finished in the top 5 in their B&F so that gives him 1 point, and Heads will be his 3rd club in 3 years so that's another 1 point.Shouldn't be worth a 6 as that ranks him the same as an AFL player but that's what he'll be if they rank him to the letter of the law.

merrigan

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Redan
3 points as a senior player, 1 point from a premier league, finished in the top 5 in their B&F so that gives him 1 point, and Heads will be his 3rd club in 3 years so that's another 1 point.Shouldn't be worth a 6 as that ranks him the same as an AFL player but that's what he'll be if they rank him to the letter of the law.

Yeah seems excessive. Good player though

Hawk202

Senior List
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Not a chance Josh Eddy will sign at Portarlington. He will sign with Drysdale. Why would he over look the massive St Marys presence who are all his mates at the Hawks and drive past it to Port. If hes not at the Saints, lock it in now, he will be at Drysdale.

CoutaJim

Debutant
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Not a chance Josh Eddy will sign at Portarlington. He will sign with Drysdale. Why would he over look the massive St Marys presence who are all his mates at the Hawks and drive past it to Port. If hes not at the Saints, lock it in now, he will be at Drysdale.
St Mary's have just appointed their co-coaches so Drysie would want to move quick to sign him up.
Port had a massive crack at Carmichael I've heard.

Go Richo 12

Senior List
Oct 27, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
St Mary's have just appointed their co-coaches so Drysie would want to move quick to sign him up.
From what I have been told it was not a massive crack, Jim. He had a meeting with a couple of club officials. Ben has his father and uncle living in Port and both were heavily involved at the club as players and administrators so there is a strong connection there.

Last edited:

Dead shit

Debutant
Jul 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

St Mary’s is Eddy’s club he is as loyal as anyone I know. If he did leave st Mary’s it would’ve been a tough choice. No matter where he goes they are getting or keeping a ripping bloke that can play footy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dead shit

Debutant
Jul 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Josh’s Dad & Uncles played at Drysdale so they are a big chance. Don’t count out 2 other clubs. Carmichael’s old man also played at Portarlington & his uncle coached down there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back