BFL Bellarine Football League 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all been abput Dry$dale and Barwon Heads but here's something. Queenscliff won't see much of Nathan Peoples this year due to work commitments. Have heard Anglesea's numbers aren't great as well.Depth might be an issue for them this year. Newcomb very confident of a win in round 1. Not much word around Torquay, Ammos or Grove. Any praccy match results from anyone?

Garth knocked back three other clubs all offering $800-$900 so I reckon beaublazer is pretty close to the mark on that one. Dalagleish surely couldn't be on that much and Lynch is probably on more so maybe they cancel each other out.

This CoutaJim or GrubbyJim back at it again? Thnx for the confidence in Drysie for the year Paul, see you for a froff round1

Neva heard more lies in my life
Is it a lie that in 2018 the Hawks paid 95% of the salary cap and posted their second $40K loss in 4 years? And are negotiating a payment plan with AFL Barwon? And somehow can afford a massive recruiting spree? Hope everything is squeaky clean cos it looks like the Hawks are sailing close to the wind.

This CoutaJim or GrubbyJim back at it again? Thnx for the confidence in Drysie for the year Paul, see you for a froff round1

Alls fair to dispute someone’s comment but maybe provide facts and bring something to the table rather than a personal attack?
Doesn’t buy you much credit by just calling it “lies”.

whats the style of the BFL like in general? is it open and expansive not as physical and super fast paced. Or. contested and physical and relative speed. Answers would be appreciated.

Went down and watched Drysdale Vs Torquay today. Umpires were absolutely terrible, some of the worst umpires I've seen in any form of local football, both teams are very average football teams, would get completely blown off the park by alot of other suburban teams I've seen this year from other leagues. Drysdale's coach needs to lift as well went into the 3/4 break speech basically giving off the vibe to his players that all they had to do was hold on and defend the lead, got completely out played and blown off the park in the last quarter.

Thanks for your post, I’d love to see more like this from BFL people.
Well done to Torquay who have a couple of fade outs.
The umps are average everywhere from this comp to the AFL.
It seems like the holding the rule/incorrect disposal rule is a complete mystery to us all.
So the hype on Drysdale is now done? and Torquay are a threat?
On the standard between comps, it is what it is, comparing is futile, because we’ll never now.
Anyone want the buy in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for your post, I’d love to see more like this from BFL people.
Well done to Torquay who have a couple of fade outs.
The umps are average everywhere from this comp to the AFL.
It seems like the holding the rule/incorrect disposal rule is a complete mystery to us all.
So the hype on Drysdale is now done? and Torquay are a threat?
On the standard between comps, it is what it is, comparing is futile, because we’ll never now.
Anyone want the buy in.

Comparing the umpires from this game I seen to other leagues such as edfl and wrfl they're well below par. not sure if it was just these umpires as they were the average age of about 65 or if it's across the league. So many times they were caught that far off play making decisions they possibly couldn't of seen.

Went down and watched Drysdale Vs Torquay today. Umpires were absolutely terrible, some of the worst umpires I've seen in any form of local football, both teams are very average football teams, would get completely blown off the park by alot of other suburban teams I've seen this year from other leagues. Drysdale's coach needs to lift as well went into the 3/4 break speech basically giving off the vibe to his players that all they had to do was hold on and defend the lead, got completely out played and blown off the park in the last quarter.

Blown off the park in the last quarter? So, what was the margin at the end? I went to Heads and Port, both would also get completely blown off the park by a lot of other suburban teams I've seen this year from other leagues. Like Collingwood and Geelong. Don't think I'll bother going again.

Good for you old mate

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Blown off the park in the last quarter? So, what was the margin at the end? I went to Heads and Port, both would also get completely blown off the park by a lot of other suburban teams I've seen this year from other leagues. Like Collingwood and Geelong. Don't think I'll bother going again.

A couple of small coastal clubs, one in particular who have struggled for years would get blown off the park by a lot of other suburban teams with double the salary cap and more than double the player pool to recruit from? Who would’ve thought..

A couple of small coastal clubs, one in particular who have struggled for years would get blown off the park by a lot of other suburban teams with double the salary cap and more than double the player pool to recruit from? Who would’ve thought..

My point exactly

From what i read in here earlier didn't drysdale go out on a big spending spree? if so, what i seen on the weekend they wasted there money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah just responding to probably the dumbest post I’ve seen on BF - that’s saying something! But they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit so fair cop

I happened to be at the Barwon Heads and Port game myself. Conditions didn’t make for a great spectacle but I thought Port had a pretty decent crack. Had some handy players particularly around the ball but fell away pretty badly elsewhere.

Stating the obvious I know, but Barwon Heads are going take some beating this year.

Big compared to what though? It wasn’t big compared to what Deer Park spend so what’s your point?

I think the point is they’re spending the cap you can or close to it, which they haven’t done in the past.

It’s how you spend it that will measure the worth.
If you want to make a comparison look at Pascoe Vale in edfl, have spent huge in recent years for f’all result

I think the point is they’re spending the cap you can or close to it, which they haven’t done in the past.

It’s how you spend it that will measure the worth.
If you want to make a comparison look at Pascoe Vale in edfl, have spent huge in recent years for f’all result

I don’t think that’s the point he’s trying to make at all. I think he’s saying Drysdale are s**t and the league is s**t. I’m suggesting having double the salary cap (and around 10 teams being investigated for breaching it) might have something to do with it.

Big compared to what though? It wasn’t big compared to what Deer Park spend so what’s your point?
No club spends what deer park do, if you were going to compare drysdale to any wrfl club it should be Altona.

I don’t think that’s the point he’s trying to make at all. I think he’s saying Drysdale are **** and the league is ****. I’m suggesting having double the salary cap (and around 10 teams being investigated for breaching it) might have something to do with it.
Thats exactly the point i was making, if they're spending the cap or close to it from what i saw from them they're wasting there money big time. I'll get down to some more games throughout the year and see if they improve.

No club spends what deer park do, if you were going to compare drysdale to any wrfl club it should be Altona.

Thats exactly the point i was making, if they're spending the cap or close to it from what i saw from them they're wasting there money big time. I'll get down to some more games throughout the year and see if they improve.

Ok, well I suggest you save your time and money, entry fee $8, you can watch the mercenaries at Deer Park for free

I don’t think too many people would be surprised if Drysdale won the flag. I’m not saying they will but how could that be a waste of money? At worst they should play finals. Everything is relative. If you’ve only seen a game or two, how would you know if spending the money was worthwhile?

Much rather watch deer park for free than pay 8 dollars to watch division 2 football.

Go and watch them then. I bet you’d fit right in. You’ll be able to critique them on their ability to compete against other suburban teams that they will never have to compete against. Be sure to let us all know how they’d go against Leopold or Strathmore or Heidelberg though because it’s really interesting and relevant

Much rather watch deer park for free than pay 8 dollars to watch division 2 football.
what level of footy did u play? You Probably never played seniors but you’ll come on here flapping ya gums about how s**t everyone else is.

I’m not even sure why you’re here. If you didn’t want to watch div 2 football, why would you go to a div 2 game? So you could bitch about it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back