BFL Bellarine Football League 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong Addy newspaper is counting down the top 50 BFL players of the last 50 years. Wonder who will make the cut. Barwon Heads had some ripper players back in the premiership sides of the 70s. Players 50-31 counted down today.

Hey gents - what’s the standard of footy like here? I’ve played seniors in WRFL division 2/3, is it comparable to that standard?

I’ve moved down the coast and wanna play a couple of seasons before my 20’s are up! I don’t exactly want to play somewhere out of my league though.

Hey gents - what’s the standard of footy like here? I’ve played seniors in WRFL division 2/3, is it comparable to that standard?

I’ve moved down the coast and wanna play a couple of seasons before my 20’s are up! I don’t exactly want to play somewhere out of my league though.
It’s much better footy than div 2 and 3 than WRFL. It’s a very good standard of footy. Much closer to WRFL div 1 than div 2. If you wanted to play one’s football look at GDFL and CDFL. GDFL is still prob better footy than div 2 WRFL. Colac league is more comparable. Go along and watch a game of BFL and see what you think.

It’s much better footy than div 2 and 3 than WRFL. It’s a very good standard of footy. Much closer to WRFL div 1 than div 2. If you wanted to play one’s football look at GDFL and CDFL. GDFL is still prob better footy than div 2 WRFL. Colac league is more comparable. Go along and watch a game of BFL and see what you think.
Not too fussed about playing seniors, I'm 28 going on 29 and haven't played in a good 4 years - so just keen to get the boots on for a couple more seasons. Think I will go down and have a look, cheers mate!

Glad you asked this, coming down next year and I’m tossing up between Barwon heads and Torquay.
Surely ya okay with your mate at Angelsea

Glad you asked this, coming down next year and I’m tossing up between Barwon heads and Torquay.
Surely ya okay with your mate at Angelsea
Barwon Heads is defiantly the club to go to there. Great people who look after there own members like family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barwon Heads is defiantly the club to go to there. Great people who look after there own members like family

Yeah can't argue with that. I moved up the coast a few months ago and started watching a few of the Barwon Heads practice matches prior to the season starting. Good bunch of blokes - I have hardly missed a home game this season. They are looking good too.

Ex-AFL star and ABC presenter Tony Armstrong to come out of retirement :thumbsu:

I see the 2023 fixture was released yesterday - big game Round 1 Drysdale v Barwon Heads

Don’t know if anyone can help me, looking to come brown and have a kick in the Bellarine and was just wondering how points work. I was registered to play at a club in the Bendigo league after having 5 years away from footy but didn’t play due to injury. Do I still get whacked with the extra point or does it work like I dropping a point where you have to play a certain number of games?

Don’t know if anyone can help me, looking to come brown and have a kick in the Bellarine and was just wondering how points work. I was registered to play at a club in the Bendigo league after having 5 years away from footy but didn’t play due to injury. Do I still get whacked with the extra point or does it work like I dropping a point where you have to play a certain number of games?
Should be worth 1 if you didn’t play a game, what club are you heading to?

Should be worth 1 if you didn’t play a game, what club are you heading to?
I reckon barwon heads is the move. I’m not looking to set the world on fire, just wanting to have a kick and meet a few blokes down the area, which I was worried being a 3 pointer would torpedo me on the getting a kick angle

I reckon barwon heads is the move. I’m not looking to set the world on fire, just wanting to have a kick and meet a few blokes down the area, which I was worried being a 3 pointer would torpedo me on the getting a kick angle
Fair enough, points don’t matter in ressies if that’s all you’re thinking. Bigger clubs generally pretty good with numbers through the year but smaller clubs like Modewarre, Anglesea Queenscliff Port etc. might give you more of an opportunity

Barwon Heads are training Monday and Wednesday nights at the moment at their home ground at Howard Harmer Reserve starting at 6.00pm - drop in or contact their Football Director with his details on their website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back