Bellarine League 2015 Season and off season news

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, here's a discussion thread for the off season and Bellarine League season 2015 - player & coach movements, fixture, predictions etc.
Heard a few Port Demons born and bred boys maybe be returning to play with the team?

Hi Guys .New to this .Any club in the Bellarine looking for a strong utility who kicks50 mts both feet who in my opinion has been hard done by at his Gdfl club won 2 of the last 3 B&F and played only 8 games this year let me know.Would play ones in almost any Bfl club.Given some motivation could be a great pickup.

E="Melbsaint, post: 35634774, member: 157630"]Hi Guys .New to this .Any club in the Bellarine looking for a strong utility who kicks50 mts both feet who in my opinion has been hard done by at his Gdfl club won 2 of the last 3 B&F and played only 8 games this year let me know.Would play ones in almost any Bfl club.Given some motivation could be a great pickup.[/QUOTE]in the seconds I add as he wasnt happy .
Add I

Good idea, always a bit of fun with the rumours etc. going around.
As an ex Queenscliff player from way back and dyed in the wool Couta tragic now living in Adelaide, it's very hard to keep up with the news here. So this is a good place to get the info and keep up with what's happening in the comp and with all the clubs.

Hi Guys .New to this .Any club in the Bellarine looking for a strong utility who kicks50 mts both feet who in my opinion has been hard done by at his Gdfl club won 2 of the last 3 B&F and played only 8 games this year let me know.Would play ones in almost any Bfl club.Given some motivation could be a great pickup.
Sounds like he could be handy. But you need to give a name, age, club played for etc so prospective clubs can check him out and contact him.

[QUFootyman.man13, post: 35645370, member: 142400"]Sounds like he could be handy. But you need to give a name, age, club played for etc so prospective clubs can check him out and contact him.[/QUOTE]
Hi Footyman.Anderson.East Geelong .24 years old.Was a great junior busy with work etc in recent years.6ft 2 plays mid field,.back , forward.Down side needs A coach to push him .Talent a plenty.

[QUFootyman.man13, post: 35645370, member: 142400"]Sounds like he could be handy. But you need to give a name, age, club played for etc so prospective clubs can check him out and contact him.
Hi Footyman.Anderson.East Geelong .24 years old.Was a great junior busy with work etc in recent years.6ft 2 plays mid field,.back , forward.Down side needs A coach to push him .Talent a plenty.[/QUOTE]
First Name? And did he play in 2014? What's his issue with needing to be pushed? Discipline issues, off field etc ??

Played last 8 games 2014.. Due to work and motivation at East.Never Given a go.Considering as a junior he played seniors at Newtown under Terry Bright. Won b&f in the seconds.He lost enthusiasm for the game but a friend asked him to come back . discipline isnt a issue as he loves the game and can play.Needs a club to chat has direction and im sure he will be a great pickup.Had a few hamstring issues 2012 and 2013 but seems to be over them.Name is Scott .I have coached him over the years and he goes alright.Thanks Footyman13

Played last 8 games 2014.. Due to work and motivation at East.Never Given a go.Considering as a junior he played seniors at Newtown under Terry Bright. Won b&f in the seconds.He lost enthusiasm for the game but a friend asked him to come back . discipline isnt a issue as he loves the game and can play.Needs a club to chat has direction and im sure he will be a great pickup.Had a few hamstring issues 2012 and 2013 but seems to be over them.Name is Scott .I have coached him over the years and he goes alright.Thanks Footyman13

Played against him a few times, he's no good. Would be lucky to get a game in some BFL reserves teams. Poor attitude.

I'm sure Rick would have given him a go at East if he saw potential in him.

Heard a few Port Demons born and bred boys maybe be returning to play with the team?

Makes it hard for the other clubs apart from Torquay to climb the ladder when Ammos are so strong, see following as reported on K-Rock footy: they may as well give them the cup now? Thoughts?

GEELONG Amateur’s quest for consecutive BFL premierships has received an early boost with the signing of Lara forward Mitch Day who kicked 194 goals in 101 games since 2009 for the GFL Cats, becomes the latest in a line of players arriving at Queens Park from Bisinella Oval.
Kane Smith and Anthony and Nick Elliott were all part of Ammos’ premiership win over Ocean Grove after making the move at the end of 2013.
“(We) can’t express how happy we are to get him,” new co-coach Kaine Marsh said.
“Not only is he a quality footballer, but he’s a quality kid as well.
“It’s really going to strengthen the forward line, and I’ve got not doubt that him and ‘Zappa’ (Damien Zaparenkov) will have a bit of fun up there together.”
Geelong Amateur has also signed former players Jacob Sharp (Geelong Falcons/South Barwon) and George Atkins (Newcastle City), while Smith’s brother Josh arrives after spending 2014 with Anakie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes it hard for the other clubs apart from Torquay to climb the ladder when Ammos are so strong, see following as reported on K-Rock footy: they may as well give them the cup now? Thoughts?

GEELONG Amateur’s quest for consecutive BFL premierships has received an early boost with the signing of Lara forward Mitch Day who kicked 194 goals in 101 games since 2009 for the GFL Cats, becomes the latest in a line of players arriving at Queens Park from Bisinella Oval.
Kane Smith and Anthony and Nick Elliott were all part of Ammos’ premiership win over Ocean Grove after making the move at the end of 2013.
“(We) can’t express how happy we are to get him,” new co-coach Kaine Marsh said.
“It’s really going to strengthen the forward line, and I’ve got not doubt that him and ‘Zappa’ (Damien Zaparenkov) will have a bit of fun up there together.”
Geelong Amateur has also signed former players Jacob Sharp (Geelong Falcons/South Barwon) and George Atkins (Newcastle City), while Smith’s brother Josh arrives after spending 2014 with Anakie.
Apparently money does grow on trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peeeweee.i except your observation of playing against him but to say he is no good is laughable. I have coached many players and know what talent is.He has alot .Yes some guys with so much talent can regret it later .That goes for many footballers.Football careers go so fast everyone should give it all they have.Im sure at the right club we all play better.Weee, post: 35674022, member: 118958"]Played against him a few times, he's no good. Would be lucky to get a game in some BFL reserves teams. Poor attitude.

I'm sure Rick would have given him a go at East if he saw potential in him.[/QUOTE]
Peeeweee.i

This is why the whole region needs a salary cap and divisional footy, and sooner the better. I have said before that clubs like Ammo's buy premierships, they did in 2014, and probably 2015 as well. The premiership shouldn't be decided by ranking clubs richest to poorest.

Mitch Day & Andrew McLean at ammos will be the best forward & defender in the league!

Add Street and Nick Batchelor from Bell Park to list and you've almost got the best ruckman and midfielder as well. Money can buy a lot of things....

This is why the whole region needs a salary cap and divisional footy, and sooner the better. I have said before that clubs like Ammo's buy premierships, they did in 2014, and probably 2015 as well. The premiership shouldn't be decided by ranking clubs richest to poorest.
I agree with the need for divisional leagues but I disagree that Ammos "bought" their premiership. They recruited heavily in 2013 and failed to make the grand final. 2014 they added some quality players to their list and obviously tasted success. I think Newcomb "bought" a flag when they won their premiership because the following year everyone walked out and they got the wooden spoon. As well as having deep pockets, Ammos obviously have a strong culture for those players to stick around and bring their mates from other clubs. Without knowing figures (because let's face it, none of us do), Newtown could quite possibly spend more on player wages yet no one complains about them yet because they are yet to experience on-field success. It's easy to criticise a club for being wealthy but they're well-off because they have a strong board off the field that attracts good, sustainable sponsors. I think it's up to the other clubs down the other end of the ladder to catch up as Barwon Heads appear to have done in recent years.

I agree with the need for divisional leagues but I disagree that Ammos "bought" their premiership. They recruited heavily in 2013 and failed to make the grand final. .

I think thew question is - would half those blokes be there without the money - and in my opinion its no. All the Lara blokes were obviously not getting paid correctly at the Snake Pit so instead of heading to a rival GFL club they head to the biggest offer - Ammos!
There was a hell of a lot of players recruited there in recent years who didnt go through the ranks playing juniors there. Id imagine with this points thing coming in they'd be double the points!!

I think thew question is - would half those blokes be there without the money - and in my opinion its no. All the Lara blokes were obviously not getting paid correctly at the Snake Pit so instead of heading to a rival GFL club they head to the biggest offer - Ammos!
There was a hell of a lot of players recruited there in recent years who didnt go through the ranks playing juniors there. Id imagine with this points thing coming in they'd be double the points!!
It's what I've been saying about AMMO'S all along (see my profile to confirm) and I've been continually criticised. Finally some sense from Watto.

It's what I've been saying about AMMO'S all along (see my profile to confirm) and I've been continually criticised. Finally some sense from Watto.
How hard is it for some, to accept the fact Ammos bought a flag. You bring in new players, for big coin = buying a flag. Not that hard to comprehend.

How hard is it for some, to accept the fact Ammos bought a flag. You bring in new players, for big coin = buying a flag. Not that hard to comprehend.
Now we are starting to get some sensible comments. Well said d 12. They bought a Netball flag also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back