MMA-Other Bellator MMA

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind seeing Ortiz and Sonnen. I listen to Chaels podcast a bit so that's spiked my interest a little. I've never seen much bellator apart from a few minutes on onehd
His podcast is alright, but his voice is ******* annoying

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Not really upset that Fedor/Mitrione didn't happen, but the fight's going to be rescheduled anyway. So I still expect Mitrione to win by KO. I like to write off old past their prime fighters (Silva against Brunson), so who knows.

Big win for Patricky Pitbull. The headbutt played a part but he was getting the better of Thomson. It felt like he was on his way to winning, especially with it only being a 3 rounder. Not sure if anything will happen or could happen with the headbutt on review.

Man, Koscheck's career has really nosedived. I didn't know anything about his opponent prior to the fight but Koscheck looks done.

What does everyone think about the Bellator PPV coming up? I don't know how wise it is to do a PPV. Continuing to build a fan base through Spike TV seems like the best thing from what I can tell, but what do I know.

Wanderlei/Sonnen is a fight that'll get some eyeballs. Sonnen's fight with Ortiz was a poor showing, but his in cage stuff hasn't been the main attraction when it comes to Chael Sonnen. Will that performance hurt his drawing ability? It's a grudge match too which helps, but the rivalry hasn't been very active for years. Hard to tell how much this fight draws.

Chandler/Primus is a bit weird. I don't know much about Primus. They could have gone Chandler/Patricky but then again Chandler did KO him not long ago. I'd have to watch some of Primus' fights but it looks like this is a fight to make Chandler look good.

Fedor/Mitrione is probably going to be sad. I'm hoping Fedor wins but I doubt it.

Lima/Larkin is the best fight on the card thus far imo. That fight should be a lot of fun. Bellator have now got a pretty good WW division. MacDonald, Larkin, Lima and Koreshkov are probably the best in the division. You've got Daley and Page up there too.

Aaron Pico's set to debut on this card too. He's a really good, young wrestler.

Last edited:
Haven't watched the fight yet but Patricio Freire beat Daniel Straus quite easily from what I've seen. Straus was coming off of a long injury layoff for what it's worth. Someone pointed out that Patricio might be the best fighter in Bellator's history. He's certainly up there. Patricio looked great in his last fight with Bendo prior to getting injured too. A few fights back it seemed like Patricio might have been really fading but he's done really well since then.

It's the 4th time they've fought. Can't think of too many times when two fighters have fought 4 times in MMA. Sylvia/Arlovski is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Here's the fight (they've also uploaded a lot of the other fights from this Bellator card):

Just watched the fight and Patricio looked good against Straus. Patricio's striking was a bit different than usual; he looked more like a karateka in there lol. It worked for him. Maybe Straus was a bit thrown off by it because he had a lot of success against Patricio on the feet the last two times they fought. First round was pretty close but Patricio won it. Then he caught Straus in a guillotine early in the second.

They fined Patricio for climbing up the cage. That's bullshit.

A.J. McKee is a pretty promising prospect and he won by high kick KO. Such a different fighter to his father haha.

A couple of fighters with good wrestling backgrounds and a lot of upside picked up wins too; Ed Ruth and Tyrell Fortune.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a good fun card. Machidas brother is great to watch
Bader Davis is a good (might be boring) fight
Pico has a lot of hype as an elite wrestler
Lima v Larkin will be awesome

the two fights at the top sell themselves for novalty reasons. The axe murderer is going to go Berzerk, but that just means he will be on his back pretty fast I imagine.

All good - i'm away from a decent internet connection till monday arvo as of tomorrow anyway. I'll just have to swing by that bay where the pirates frequent. :thumbsu:
Bay of pigs?

what a great card. looking forward to watching. if anyone knows where i can watch it either in melb or online I'd be pleased to know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back