MMA-Other Bellator MMA

Remove this Banner Ad

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bader has really evolved in recent years, apparently he didn’t get punched at all during the Heavyweight Grand Prix which is an insane effort.

Will be interesting to see where he goes from here, LHW or HW or both but huge props to him. He’s very deserving of all 3 belts.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Bader has really evolved in recent years, apparently he didn’t get punched at all during the Heavyweight Grand Prix which is an insane effort.

Will be interesting to see where he goes from here, LHW or HW or both but huge props to him. He’s very deserving of all 3 belts.

I haven't seen a lot of evolution in him to be honest. He's a very similar fighter to what he's always been really... a strong, controlling wrestler with decent stand up and good power. He's always been a bit underrated due to the nature of his losses IMO, but he's a top 5 guy at 205 and shows plenty of promise at heavyweight.

It sounds like he'll take fights at both 205 and 265 to defend his belts going forward. Phil Davis is probably the next best guy at 205 and Bader's beaten him twice already, so I wouldn't mind seeing him at heavyweight more. There appears to be more interesting fights there for him, especially with Minakov coming back.

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wish Bellator was more accessible in Australia.

The card on the weekend features Venom Page vs Daley, Minakov vs Kongo 2 and Big Country vs Cro Cop. I’d probably buy that if it was on main event.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I wish Bellator was more accessible in Australia.

The card on the weekend features Venom Page vs Daley, Minakov vs Kongo 2 and Big Country vs Cro Cop. I’d probably buy that if it was on main event.

Hoping MVP comes across to the ufc in the next couple of years. From all reports he doesn’t seem interested though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im a big UFC fan and generally only watch the highest level in a sport.

Is it worth me getting into Bellator or just stick with UFC?

Got some decent talent at the top end, plus some decent ex UFC guys like Bader, McDonald and Mousassi still going at a decent level, have a lot of guys over the hill too which takes the polish off.

Like Daz said, worth the big fights and main cards but not much beyond that.

One Championship based in Asia is pretty good quality for the lighter divisions in MMA and worth checking out, events are all currently free on YouTube via their channel.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
The card today wouldn't have been a great advertisement if you tuned in. A wrestling heavy welterweight fight with not much action, a couple of slow heavyweight fights, and a sloppy grappling fight between two great strikers to cap the night. MVP reminded me a lot of Anderson tonight and not in a good way. Looked like he solely wanted to counter and when Daley wouldn't lead we had some extended starting contests. When he got taken down he rarely opened his guard, and while Daley wasn't able to get much done on top he cost himself two rounds. I get the feeling Lima is going to eat him alive in the next round.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im a big UFC fan and generally only watch the highest level in a sport.

Is it worth me getting into Bellator or just stick with UFC?
Bellator is such a minority in the scheme of things, they have a handful of top level fighters.

The heavyweights are largely embarrassing, past it, glass chinned ped users the norm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back