MMA-Other Bellator - New Life

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope not... rarely watch bellator unless I hear about a good fight I'll download it, but the ufc needs competition and more importantly the fighters need another option! also Coker wouldn't be in there if they had the long term view of selling up. I'm sure this is a plan to create a genuine spectacle once a month with good fights and name recognition for the casual fan..
sounds good to me.. hopefully we get to see micheal page again soon!

I hope not... rarely watch bellator unless I hear about a good fight I'll download it, but the ufc needs competition and more importantly the fighters need another option! also Coker wouldn't be in there if they had the long term view of selling up. I'm sure this is a plan to create a genuine spectacle once a month with good fights and name recognition for the casual fan..
sounds good to me.. hopefully we get to see micheal page again soon!

Hopefully they get a TV deal that allows them to broadcast events here in Australia, instead of having to either download them or waiting 12-18 months for them to air at 10.30 on a Saturday night on One.

The 12 shows per year is a good idea as thier top tier talent is pretty thin. If they are going to a PPV model, this will ensure that they can have most card with one of their big names headlining.

Bellator for the most part tried to develop their own fighters rather than grab UFC castoffs. There have been more than a few lately with Rampage, Tito and co heading there, but I've got no doubt that was to do with getting their start in the the PPV market. They've done well to develop guys there, but some of their treatment of fighters has been absurd, so I don't mind seeing the unlucky UFC cuts go to WSOF.

Great fights so far. Really dont mind bellator cards, fighters seem to go after it a lot more

Kimbo is about to get beat down from a 50 year old

Damn, was anyone expecting that? I thought Kimbo was finished with the rear naked choke. How embarrassing for Shamrock.

The main event is funny to the say the least. Ken with 2 easy takedowns and sinks the RNC in....I mean has it sunked for a good 30 seconds under the neck, Kimbo looked like he goes to sleep twice....Gets up and a couple punches later, Ken has no idea where he is

Damn, was anyone expecting that? I thought Kimbo was finished with the rear naked choke. How embarrassing for Shamrock.

That was all but over. I thought kimbo tap'd once and nearly went out twice...Ken has to give it up now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UFC are safe.......

Unless wants to fight his way out of a paper bag for the title.

He may even get choked out this time if the bag doesn't give way soon enough.

Spoilers below if anyone hasn't seen the card yet.

I had no idea until very recently that there were so many good fighters on this card. All I was hearing was Kimbo/Shamrock. Pitbull, Straus and Chandler are all very good fighters. Weichel's good too.

Kimbo/Shamrock went about as well as possible for Bellator. Just imagine if it went the full 3 rounds, yuck. I was hoping Shamrock won just so he could go out on a win (he probably would have wanted to fight again though). Looked like he was about to win and then had nothing left. Very sloppy, terrible fight but it was also weirdly entertaining at the same time.

Pitbull/Weichel was the fight I was most interested in on the card. Weichel was coming off a close win against Curran. That's a good win but Curran seems to have regressed as a fighter lately. Didn't even look like Pitbull should have been allowed to continue at the beginning of the 2nd round after getting all but KO'd at the end of round 1. Was getting hit some more early in the 2nd and then out of nowhere KO'd Weichel.

Didn't know much about Straus and Chandler's opponents. Still don't because they got beat by 2 very good fighters. Straus and Chandler looked great.

Card couldn't have gone any better for Bellator. Kimbo/Shamrock went as well as they could have hoped and brought in an audience. That audience was exposed to Chandler and Straus looking great and an amazing KO by Pitbull.

Forgot all about this earlier. The card they announced for that upcoming show sounds so damn fun.

McGeary/Ortiz should be a good way to get some eyes on McGeary as he beats Ortiz. Only problem is that McGeary has shown that his TDD is really lacking at this stage and Ortiz could exploit that. McGeary should win by beating him up on the feet and/or outgrappling him. McGeary's fight with Newton was awesome.

Love the 4 man tournament but fighting multiple times in one night is something I don't like. That's one thing about Glory that bothers me. It's awesome aside from the safety concerns.

Having a cage and ring is weird but sounds great and should look cool. Schilling and Daley will be fighting in the ring, but not against each other if I'm understanding it correctly. Great, they both thrown down.

Bellator-139.png

Koscheck signs with Bellator....Paul Daley fights in Bellator....Im just saying.

Now that Koscheck has gone to the other side, There is potentially some really good fights for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back