MMA-Other Bellator - New Life

Remove this Banner Ad

TALK ABOUT MIXING IT UP!
Bellator MMA welterweights Paul Daley and Fernando Gonzalez will square off in a Glory kickboxing bout at the organizations’ co-promoted event next month.

The matchup was announced Monday as part of Bellator “Dynamite,” the Sept. 19 card which will feature both MMA bouts in the Bellator cage and kickboxing contests in the Glory ring. Set to air live on Spike TV from SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., the card will be headlined by Liam McGeary defending his Bellator light heavyweight title against former UFC champion Tito Ortiz.

“Daley and Gonzalez are two incredible strikers in our welterweight division, and we’re looking forward to seeing them lay it on the line with Glory gloves on their hands,” Bellator MMA President Scott Coker stated in a release. “It would be great to see the winner of this fight take on Glory’s welterweight champ Nieky Holzken in the future.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite liked the Bellator Dynamite show.

I really enjoy watching McGeary fight. Such a fun style off of his back he's got. Wrestling needs to improve and it's probably the reason why he'll lose to Davis. McGeary/Davis is still a great fight though.

King Mo looked good in his fight. Not fighting in the final might be a blessing for Bellator and him. Now Davis and King Mo look good after the event and didn't face off yet. That leaves opportunities down the road for them to fight.

Davis looked great. Submitting Newton isn't easy and he did it in style. And then the KO. In a sport where surprising things happen fairly often, that was honestly one of the most shocking things I've seen. Phil Davis with basically a one-punch KO on the feet. What the * is going on? Fans have no patience as there was booing in both his fights and in both of them he got a great finish in the first round. Hold your boos for a while at least.

Taylor-Melendez and Daley looked pretty good. The fight's were set-up for them to win and although Daley did well in the first 2 rounds, that last round didn't look great. Still, both won which was clearly the plan moving forward.

Thomson looked good in a fight that he was supposed to look good in.

I liked Cavalari/Mwekassa too. I don't know what MMA fans who don't watch kickboxing thought of that fight, but I enjoyed it. Should have had some more Glory kickboxers on the main card instead of having MMA fighters kickboxing. Would have been more enjoyable to see Daley fight an actual kickboxer. Serhiy Adamchuck from the prelims would have been nice to see on the main card too.

Was just thinking about this. The Bellator show had a heap of top 15 LHW fighters on it. It shows that LHW's not a great division, but Davis, King Mo, Newton and McGeary are all clearly top 15 imo. Vassell's arguable too.

Maldonado's a top 15 LHW in the UFC (actually he's 12th on the official rankings for whatever that's worth). Davis, King Mo, Newton and McGeary would all beat him imo.

Edit: Shogun's 7th in the rankings. He's rated higher than I think makes sense, but he's another one who I'd expect to lose to Davis, Mo, Newton and McGeary.

Last edited:
Everything about the Kimbo/Dada 5000 and Shamrock/Gracie fights was terrible. It brought in a huge audience though. I wish people who watch these fights were willing to tune in to see the good fighters that Bellator has.

Darrion Caldwell is a very interesting prospect at 135 in Bellator. He just destroyed Joe Warren a couple of weeks ago. A lot of inexperienced fighters who are good would have lots of trouble with Warren and plenty would lose. Caldwell ran through him with ease.

Everything about the Kimbo/Dada 5000 and Shamrock/Gracie fights was terrible. It brought in a huge audience though. I wish people who watch these fights were willing to tune in to see the good fighters that Bellator has.

Darrion Caldwell is a very interesting prospect at 135 in Bellator. He just destroyed Joe Warren a couple of weeks ago. A lot of inexperienced fighters who are good would have lots of trouble with Warren and plenty would lose. Caldwell ran through him with ease.
I havnt seen a card for a while but I think its starting to get deeper. one thing is for sure prospects will be easier signed here for the pay

This guy has a serious amount of hype behind him at the moment. Haven't seen him in action myself, but will have to look him up.

Saw highlights...

What happened to King Mo? Seems a few years ago he had a huge following but now seems past it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back