Bellend Barrett’s clarko agenda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max King (and his brother Ben) by the length of the Flemington straight.

We have never seen athletes like those two playing Australian Rules before. They will dominate for the next 15 years

images

Barrrett used to get a massive wrap from captain middle-age and his eyebrows on 'da footy- boyz club' show before they put that dinosaur down.

Somewhere, at some time, it was noted that DB might have had an IQ a few points larger than the da brigade's best and brightest.

This was largely because he wore bookish spectacles (cause' smart guys always wear glasses heh heh....).

Problem is, he's the intellectual equivalent of dog poo on your meat pie. He's not smart, healthy or palatable.

Last edited:
Since the social media game swept the world, journalists are just a bunch of whackos who I couldn't trust as far as I could kick them. I believe nothing they say, and pay little attention to them. Far too left wing for my liking.

The dumbest, naffiest trash at the bottom of the media barrel is found in news corp publications, and on their TV stations.

That stuff is conspiratorially themed fairy stories for the triggered and gullible middle aged, and about as believable as the WWE (mainly because it's scripted the same way).

But the only wing I'm interested in on this website, is the one Isaac Smith has been running for maybe a year or so too long.

That and people potting DB.

Same was said about Jesse Hogan.

And Jake Stringer.

By whom? Certainly not me.

I’ve coached both the twins and have never seen junior footballers like them with such natural speed and agility for 6 foot 9 (204cm).

They’re 12cm taller than Stringer, 11cm over Roughy, 9cm over Hogan and 8cm over Franklin. Yet they are quicker and more agile than all bar Buddy.

At such a great height they are completely different prospect as key forwards. Their ability to reach and mark a ball at its height in the AFL without the defender having any chance will become clearer in the next two years. They just have to fill out and get used to the greater physical pressure at the elite level.

Once they’ve fully grown into their bodies, they will be unstoppable.

The dumbest, naffiest trash at the bottom of the media barrel is found
But the only wing I'm interested in on this website, is the one Isaac Smith has been running for maybe a year or so too long.

That and people potting DB.

*a bit harsh I know, but I'm new to this .gif thing & it's the best I could find...

**dumb re: Smitty though, I can't help you out of that one

I’ve coached both the twins and have never seen junior footballers like them with such natural speed and agility for 6 foot 9 (204cm).

They’re 12cm taller than Stringer, 11cm over Roughy, 9cm over Hogan and 8cm over Franklin. Yet they are quicker and more agile than all bar Buddy.

At such a great height they are completely different prospect as key forwards. Their ability to reach and mark a ball at its height in the AFL without the defender having any chance will become clearer in the next two years. They just have to fill out and get used to the greater physical pressure at the elite level.

How many super star AFL / VFL players have you coached as juniors?

Im assuming youre just a little biased.

The way footy is played now, they will just be double and triple teamed. I agree though that they are special talents. A shame that footy is becoming so defensive and boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Barely anything from the 3 peat and nothing from Hawthorn in the top 10. Just wow.

Earlier this year on the Sunday footy show he completely disregarded our threepeat when they were comparing our era with Brisbane and Geelong because of something to do with the new teams coming in.

Which is funny, because it's now we are seeing the impact, not back then
Comps at its lowest edge for skill level since it became professional, 2 teams have more talent than the other 16 teams combined yet both failed to make finals. B grade plodders like Guthrie making AA.

And all Barrett does is continue on his anti Clarko crusade

[QUOTE="Brant, post: 67169848, member:
*a bit harsh I know, but I'm new to this .gif thing & it's the best I could find...
**dumb re: Smitty though, I can't help you out of that one
[/QUOTE]

The WWE looks real to some folks too.I know how big the debate was when I was a kid. Some bought it and went a bit silly, others saw through it. Some knew it was fake and liked it anyway. Never thought a ‘news’ organisation could pull the same thing off so well.

**I was too harsh on I, Smith. Loved his 2013 and 2015 GF - huge, gutsy moments in both. Disappointed a few times since, but it’s fair to say that his game in particular is susceptible to being a victim of how well the team is going. His best has been incredible, no arguments there. Hell of a bloke too.

Earlier this year on the Sunday footy show he completely disregarded our threepeat when they were comparing our era with Brisbane and Geelong because of something to do with the new teams coming in.

I wonder if he considered the inconvenience of Geelong’s 3 peat overlapping a Hawthorn GF win by a vastly inferior team to the 2013-15 model?

He’s the biggest spanner in the AFL mediuh tool chest right now.

How many super star AFL / VFL players have you coached as juniors?

Im assuming youre just a little biased.
McGrath, Taranto, Setterfield, Florent, B. Smith, A. Brayshaw, Scrimshaw, Stocker. They’d round out the top 10 I’ve coached in TAC/NAB League.

I agree with you, but it's not as though clubs won't adapt to this. Clubs already have adapted with blokes like Harris Andrews taking key defensive posts. Slow the movement down, load up the area and have a bloke with equal reach there to mark it or punch the ball out of the park.

For all their athletic tools they'll still be forwards, subject to stifling defensive football, meanwhile clubs have stopped being so defensively minded about midfielders. For my money the best out of that lot will likely end up being Anderson because of his size and attributes, and because he'll be given more freedom to properly explore what he can do.

That's assuming they don't lose a s**t ton of pace when they put on muscle which they will.

That's assuming they don't lose a sh*t ton of pace when they put on muscle which they will.

Muscle doesn’t prevent explosive speed see sprinters. Bulk slows endurance at speed see long distance runners. The Kings explosive leading could get better with strength they could also get more agile with improvedcore strength. I would love either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back