Autopsy Belted by Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Well after a month of rainy weather, travelling on our six day breaks and now up against the team coming off the bye, we officially ran out of legs.

Due for a break

Yeah naah.

Too many blokes who can't hit a target by hand or foot get selected every week. No forward structures. No midfield. Poorly organized defence. Abysmal game plan. Add to that a lack of effort and on field leadership.

Obvious deficiencies in the way we deliver the ball to our forwards and not having these flaws addressed in years.

Today is the result.

Lyon should take responsibility and apologise

The lions chipped it around early. They were composed scored goals and their confidence grew. Same old story last few weeks. Slow out the blocks. No intensity.
The superstars are nobodies right now. They need to lift first eg hill, mundy fyfe etc. Sherro,sutty, spurr are rubbish. Griffo not far off.
Weller looked good & blakely too. Few good signs from ryan.

Our work with out the ball is shocking, so many times we let the person on the HBF do an easy kick to a team mate 5 meters in front of a Freo player, but when we have the ball we have no open players.

Our stoppages setup is shocking. I think Sandi has been hiding this fro 5+ years, but we need to change this quickly. We need more players outside to help us spread.

S Hill and Fyfe both need a rest.

We are clearly in the middle of a rebuid, we have 8+ players that clearly need delisting plus 3 or 4 injured players. We will be better next year, but it will be a tough year (more than likely tough 3 years)

We don't work hard enough defensively. pretty much the entire team

Last edited:
I agree that some players were already fatigued before the game but who else could have been rested? I guess we could of had Tabs, Logue or Darcy in.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The positives are that we beat Richmond and Melbourne at the G. They can't take that away from us.
When Lyon came to the club one of the first things he said was "from the outside, it was all about Aaron" meaning that the whole team was structured around Sandilands. When Fyfe won the Charlie he tole McAveney that he would look good too with Sandi hitting it down his throat. Nothin has changed in years, it's all about Aaron

The positives are that we beat Richmond and Melbourne at the G. They can't take that away from us.
When Lyon came to the club one of the first things he said was "from the outside, it was all about Aaron" meaning that the whole team was structured around Sandilands. When Fyfe won the Charlie he tole McAveney that he would look good too with Sandi hitting it down his throat. Nothin has changed in years, it's all about Aaron
Need sandi back so we can control the ball early on and get some confidence and the running game happening.
Im not sure wat the current game plan without sandi is and i dont think the players do either.

Need sandi back so we can control the ball early on and get some confidence and the running game happening.
Im not sure wat the current game plan without sandi is and i dont think the players do either.

This has to be Sandi's last year before we start planning around Darcy. It's almost worth turning Tabs into a full time ruck in order to learn to play better without Sandi, because we're too reliant on him and he is too old.

A number of our better players down on form/struggling with injury, missing our most important player, hugely inexperienced backline and team in general, coming off a 6-day break playing away from home against a desperate team coming off a bye. Really, it was the perfect mix of ingredients to cook up a 10 goal loss.

IF we weren't playing the worst team in the comp who we'd beaten the previous 7 times by an average of about 45 points and managed to beat last time by near on 100 with a significantly worse team, that is. But we were playing such a team, and we still lost by 10 goals. Absolutely ******* disgusting, and it was clear to anyone watching the game that Freo looked a beaten team from the opening bounce. Do we really need absolutely everything in our favour just to be competitive away from Subi these days? Just how much can be attributed to fatigue?

On the whole I still think the year has been a positive, considering where we're coming from, but I'm worried that we've not only erased the tangible progress we made in rounds 2-9 but actually gone backwards. Seriously, we weren't even this bad against Geelong and Port :drunk: They better use these next few weeks well, I'm expecting/hoping for a lower key version of the 2006 run.

This has to be Sandi's last year before we start planning around Darcy. It's almost worth turning Tabs into a full time ruck in order to learn to play better without Sandi, because we're too reliant on him and he is too old.
I have the same though , I am not a fan of Tab , but I rather Tab and Sean Darcy than griffin . I still think Sandi should semi retired this year . The team relied on him too much like pav .

I have the same though , I am not a fan of Tab , but I rather Tab and Sean Darcy than griffin . I still think Sandi should semi retired this year . The team relied on him too much like pav .

Darcy and Tabs should have been the preferred ruck against Collingwood, if not before but some people will always find it hard getting a game under Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back