Autopsy Belted by Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

You've yet to post a reasoned, unemotional response. Clearly problems with your. Period.

What's to reason with? You're suggesting we drop our best player - who's been one of our best players this season, to make some kind of point. It's stupid and there's not really any further reasoning necessary.

What's to reason with? You're suggesting we drop our best player - who's been one of our best players this season, to make some kind of point. It's stupid and there's not really any further reasoning necessary.
If what I'm saying is so obviously stupid then it should be easy as hell for you to prove it wrong.

And I'm happy to proved wrong. Hell, I pray I'm wrong!

But after several hours you haven't been able to which can only mean there's at least a measure of truth in what I've written.

If what I'm saying is so obviously stupid then it should be easy as hell for you to prove it wrong.

And I'm happy to proved wrong. Hell, I pray I'm wrong!

But after several hours you haven't been able to which can only mean there's at least a measure of truth in what I've written.

How can I "prove" your opinion wrong?

It's literally impossible. All I can say is that your opinion is stupid. Which it is.

a new low. Pathetic is about the best word for it.
nope, not even close. Not even round 15, 2009 low vs the Crows where we kicked 1.7.13 for the game.

Bit of a shock of a loss here. Then again, this season has Been unpredictable to be honest. But to choose out of 2 options....

Option 1: Go through what we went through in 2016 in Belting the lions at he gabba yet lose 3 s under 3goals.

Option 2: Go through what freo went through this season. and lose heavily to the bottom placed Lions but win 4 close games by under 3 goals.

Yeah... Option 2 is a good trade off to me.

Personally, I don't see Freo making finals in our current form. We are unpredictable and Inconsistent. Only away game I could see Freo win is north in round 16. Happy to in 2-4 home wins. 8-10 wins at the start of the season was realistic.

Neale, Hamling, Walters, B. Hill, Mundy......oh you mean Fyfe? Nah, not our best player this year. Wouldn't even say hes been one of our best. Don't think he should be dropped, rested sure and hes probably playing hurt, but not dropped.

Don't think Fyfe needs a spell at Peel, he just needs a rest.
There is that to consider I must admit. Arguably it may have made more sense to play Sandi and rest him instead.

But like I said the notion of restoring arrogance by beating up an inferior side is not new. Decades ago I had a chat with an Hungarian emigre who told me about the Golden Team of the 1950's, rated under the Elo rating system as the second best national side of all time (ahead of any of the Brazilians:eek:). A critical part of their training included scratch matches against 3rd or even 4th division teams before championship matches where they'd naturally rack up cricket scores. This gave them tremendous confidence and strut ahead of the real game.

You might like Dockerland. They love that sort of misty eyed reminiscing for the days when we didn't win but it didn't matter because we were quirky and had fun being the underdogs.

People vent in gameday threads. Its like screaming at the game. Gets rid of frustration. It doesn't mean anything.
I haven't ventured in that site dockerland since 2011 and I got no plans to go near there any time soon. I used to be a dockerland addict, then went to rehab.
If we can came off the bye and not get completely humiliated by Geelong and then back at home beat the Saints scum to finish their season I'll feel a fair bit better.
Kram... you have a similar hit list like I do. I want to win rounds 15,17 and 18.

I want Saint Scumda beaten in round 15, North in round 16, Scum coast in the Derby in round 17 and Hawthornistan in round 18. You and I have ulterior motive on why we want freo to knock off all 4 teams. I don't care what tactics we use, I want the wins.

one last question... anyone knows about how experienced our team was in that lions game? Im curious how many players with 50 games or less played.
Freo
Ave age: 24 years, 262 days.
Total games: 1773.
50 games or less: 10 players.
Age 24<: 11 players.
Age 23<: 8 players.
Age 28+: 4 players.

Brisbane
Ave age: 23 years, 166 days.
Total games: 1495.
50 games or less: 10 players.
Age 24<: 14 players.