News Ben Amarfio - officially announced as our CEO - Welcome Ben

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As JeanLucGoddard can attest, I was very sceptical about what was shaping up.

But the signals I am recieving on this are very loud and clear, he will crack in and work in good faith for the NMFC.
By the same token, those who may be, shall we say, sceptical about the benefit of the women's team and The Huddle etc are likely to be sorely disappointed in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rusty Buckets

Debutant
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've thought for a while now, that I reckon Eddie is a closet North fan. Usually speaks positively about us (and not in a patronizing way), and I rarely recall him bagging us.
I've thought for a while now, that I reckon Eddie is a closet North fan. Usually speaks positively about us (and not in a patronizing way), and I rarely recall him bagging us.
i witnessed Ed berate former afl exec Andrew Catterall in 2007, when Catterall was neck-deep in working to relocate us to the Gold Coast. Ed's message was words to the effect that: 'North people will decide whether they go or not, not people like you'.

Liam Boy

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eddie is certainly not a North supporter. I think he understands, like many of us do that footy can't afford another Fitzroy or even a South Melbourne. It's not the smart, pragmatic thing to do, to kill century-old and older cultural institutions for the sake of a perceived need to modernise. He understands that Footy's viability comes from the supporters and their passion for their clubs, and anything the current administration does to upset the status quo of those existing clubs will only cause people to walk away from the league and the game altogether. He understands that because he's a mad supporter, like we all are.

Gasometer

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Eddie is certainly not a North supporter. I think he understands, like many of us do that footy can't afford another Fitzroy or even a South Melbourne. It's not the smart, pragmatic thing to do, to kill century-old and older cultural institutions for the sake of a perceived need to modernise. He understands that Footy's viability comes from the supporters and their passion for their clubs, and anything the current administration does to upset the status quo of those existing clubs will only cause people to walk away from the league and the game altogether. He understands that because he's a mad supporter, like we all are.
Treat the mugs badly and they will lose interest; it’s why Lloyd Williams is reading the change in wind regarding Horse Racing

SunnyBoner

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolutely agree. Why do we wear our clash jumper against the Pies for home games? He would also take Good Friday off us in a heartbeat.

As late as last year when we were going through a bad trot i remember he talked about us potentially relocating to Tasmania. It was totally out of context and it really pissed me off. He may have a soft spot for us through JB and the tacit under 19s link but he is all about the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shintemaster

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2002
Ponderama
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He also understands that the strength and financial clout of Collingwood is very much tied into being a big fish in a big pond and having double ups against the biggest Melbourne teams. The presence of small (and weaker) Melbourne clubs like North, Dogs, Saints, Melbourne means that Collingwood get great commercial draws and minimal travel.

Shermanator

Get Luke Jackson NMFC
Mar 23, 2001
Inside Ben Brown’s hair
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pacers, Chelsea, Scorchers
He's also loves us for Nathan Buckley choosing the pies over us.. win-win..

Only Forwards

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eddie is a traditionalist and we're a proper working class traditional football club.

Will always be held in higher regard than some others with Eddie.

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Absolutely agree. Why do we wear our clash jumper against the Pies for home games? He would also take Good Friday off us in a heartbeat.

As late as last year when we were going through a bad trot i remember he talked about us potentially relocating to Tasmania. It was totally out of context and it really pissed me off. He may have a soft spot for us through JB and the tacit under 19s link but he is all about the Pies.
Him and JB aren't close.

And I'm clearly not suggesting he likes us ahead of, or equal to the Pies.
I just think he has a quiet admiration for us, in a "we're his second team" kinda way.

Wrangeroos

Senior List
Oct 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interestingly he was marched out of CA 8 November 2018 and rumours of his signing come out 8 November 2019.

Obviously been on 12 months gardening leave hence the delay in the announcement.

Last edited:

Danni_Benson

All Australian
Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember Eddie raising us relocating to Tassie when he was calling the last game Brad coached. He made it post game under the proviso of ‘where to now for North’ and threw the Tassie comment in. I remember it well. I was FUMING!

Twinkletoes

Jan 28, 2004
Tender Touch
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
i witnessed Ed berate former afl exec Andrew Catterall in 2007, when Catterall was neck-deep in working to relocate us to the Gold Coast. Ed's message was words to the effect that: 'North people will decide whether they go or not, not people like you'.
Was this exchange on a bus in Byron Bay by any chance?

Top Bottom