List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

The obvious reason is that there simply isn’t enough spectator space, even for a GC/GWS type crowd. The playing surface was enlarged so they could train on a docklands-sized oval which pushed the outer wing right out to Macaulay Rd. If you were to try and develop spectator seating, you couldn’t build a new stand on the outer wing without expensive work on that road.

Arden st was brilliant for 5k people to stand around in the sunshine for a preseason game but would you really want to play an AFL game with no seating, a single beer van and porta-loos? Potentially in bad weather?

Throw in a fire in a souvlaki food truck and you've got a real problem. Sports stadiums moved away from standing room only terraces 30-odd years ago after Hillsborough, Bradford City and Heysel. We're not going back.

I agree. Quotas are amongst the most racist/sexist practices for an institution to enact. People should be hired based on their ability to perform the job, not because an institution wants to score brownie points. Quotas are the soft bigotry of low expectations. Quotas do nothing but potentially hurt an organisation, if they pass up on more qualified individuals, for the sake of race/gender. Hopefully the club chose Ben for the right reasons.

No, they chose him because he's black. What a ******* idiotic post.

My point in regards to North, was that the appointment of Ben Amarfio could be perceived by some supporters as having an ulterior motive, amongst other appointments that have been scrutinised for similar reasons. I’m just hoping that in regards to the club, there is no ulterior motive in the hiring process. Fortunately, in regards to Ben, it appears that he has experience in the sporting industry, working amongst the top dogs at AFL House and Cricket Australia. So any suspicions I may or may not have are essentially nonexistent.
So, you're saying we hired Ben because he is a she?

I don't think so. Despite some reservations about her being a bit of a bitch, on the face of it, she's got the experience we need.

I agree. Quotas are amongst the most racist/sexist practices for an institution to enact. People should be hired based on their ability to perform the job, not because an institution wants to score brownie points. Quotas are the soft bigotry of low expectations. Quotas do nothing but potentially hurt an organisation, if they pass up on more qualified individuals, for the sake of race/gender. Hopefully the club chose Ben for the right reasons.

They chose him because he's got a great set of **** ffs.

He did try and get Good Friday for the Pies under the pretence " we'll see if it works". He knew he'd fill the MCG and then hand it over to say Nth V Dogs and then in his own subtle way say, it wasn't as successful and just maybe it would be best that the bigger clubs owned that day? Which would be a question that then gathered momentum via the media.
Can you point me to where this apparently happened?

My point in regards to North, was that the appointment of Ben Amarfio could be perceived by some supporters as having an ulterior motive, amongst other appointments that have been scrutinised for similar reasons. I’m just hoping that in regards to the club, there is no ulterior motive in the hiring process. Fortunately, in regards to Ben, it appears that he has experience in the sporting industry, working amongst the top dogs at AFL House and Cricket Australia. So any suspicions I may or may not have are essentially nonexistent.

Why? Because he isn't white? That is kind of a silly thing to suggest. He is more qualified than anyone else that has been suggested.

100%.

Do these companies who gift women jobs based on their biology to fill quotas, rather then being hired on merit, not realise how patronising this practice is? I'd be furious if I was a woman in such situations.

Surely you'd want to hire to the best talent, regardless of gender. If not you're just giving your competition a leg up.

Can you point me to where this apparently happened?
It was on the Footy Show, back about 12 years ago when Good Friday was an annual debate. The following week Dean Laidley described as "patronising" the way Eddie worded it, which was pretty much exactly how tao relayed it.

100%.

Do these companies who gift women jobs based on their biology to fill quotas, rather then being hired on merit, not realise how patronising this practice is? I'd be furious if I was a woman in such situations.

Surely you'd want to hire to the best talent, regardless of gender. If not you're just giving your competition a leg up.

Love how 50 years of an essentially socially constructed gendered division of labour was never seen by men as being a problem, because the best man apparently got the job.
But suggest a gender quota now to even up the clearly sexist practices that had dominated workplace recruitment and educational systems, and look at all the people coming out and claiming its patronizing.
Pity they don't recall the system when my mother was stood down from the Commonwealth public service in 1964 because she married my father. Now that's what I call a real (male privilege) quota system.

Secure the Arden precinct land grab.
Not sure North will be showered in land deals, but the generational opportunity of being at the heart of a high density residential growth area, with a key transport hub at its centre, will determine the fate of the club. In terms of that opportunity, what lies before North is something none of the Melbourne clubs have available to them - maximise that opportunity, and in twenty years time people will be wondering what all the fuss was about relocating to Gold Coast.

Love how 50 years of an essentially socially constructed gendered division of labour was never seen by men as being a problem, because the best man apparently got the job.
But suggest a gender quota now to even up the clearly sexist practices that had dominated workplace recruitment and educational systems, and look at all the people coming out and claiming its patronizing.
Pity they don't recall the system when my mother was stood down from the Commonwealth public service in 1964 because she married my father. Now that's what I call a real (male privilege) quota system.
I never said it wasn't a problem. But this contemporary bent on gender diversity hire quotas isn't the solution. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I like women. I like my workplace. I like women in my workplace. Happy to see more of them. But it should be earned, and not gifted to absolve "sins of the past".

The workforce is more competitive than ever, with a war on talent. Forced hiring based on gender instead of merit, only weakens a company's competitive edge in the market. And I'm talking from someone who works in business development and runs sales teams who are measured on quotas. i.e a function where people are expected to perform, meet (or ideally exceed) targets, appease shareholders, etc. There is little room to carry employees who don't have the right level of competence / expertise to make it.

The war was fought for equality 40-50 years ago, and that war was won ~30 years ago. Common sense won the day.

What we are seeing now is rabid PRIVILEGE seeking, riding on the back of those people who delivered equality..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are bang on the money, and don't let any of the delusional nutcases around here tell you any different.

The fact that anyone could be outraged by such an obvious truth is at the very least a sign of extreme immaturity, and at the very worst, mental illness.

The gender equality action plan does not have anything to do with quota or diversity hiring

It's about equal opportunity i.e if you are the best fit for the job you get it.

So basically, it's a POINTLESS, RIDICULOUS virtue signalling exercise that echoes what has been on the statute books for decades?

Just remove it if that's the case, because it makes us look idiotic.

You are bang on the money, and don't let any of the delusional nutcases around here tell you any different.

The fact that anyone could be outraged by such an obvious truth is at the very least a sign of extreme immaturity, and at the very worst, mental illness.

So basically, it's a POINTLESS, RIDICULOUS virtue signalling exercise that echoes what has been on the statute books for decades?

And this is why I never dared to express my own political opinions or challenge a statement/idea posed by my fellow classmates or teachers at school. Let’s just move on from this.

No, it acknowledges that despite equal opportunity law we still have a long way to go, especially in a male dominated industry like footy.
Sure to you it might seem silly, but you're not the intended audience for that particular agenda.

Side note here I have no idea why you have YET AGAIN brought this up. You should try to accept that being inclusive is part and parcel of the North Melbourne brand now and that the huddle, women's teams and x other community initiative actually provide the club with currency, in the form of government grants, AFL payments, and long term goodwill in the local area.

If you disagree with me you are 'delusional, a nutcase, extremely immature and, perhaps, suffering from a mental illness.' Now that's tellin' us.

Sounds like the defensiveness of someone who's determined to deny his decades of benefitting from all-class male affirmative action.

If you disagree with me you are 'delusional, a nutcase, extremely immature and, perhaps, suffering from a mental illness.' Now that's tellin' us.

Group think 101, a trait consistent with persons of your political make up.

Sounds like the defensiveness of someone who's determined to deny his decades of benefitting from all-class male affirmative action.

It's the reasoning of a person that understands such thinking belongs in the pre-1970's era, and people who presently engage suc fallacies are either a) manipulators and liars, or b) neurotic.

Julia Gillard became the Prime Minister of this country..................13 years ago..............was that due to "all male affirmative action"?

Last edited:
Please take it to the thread I unfollowed because of this monotonous boring s**t.

BTW that's not aimed at any individual, just anyone re-running their side of this.

No, it acknowledges that despite equal opportunity law we still have a long way to go..............

1573419758664.png

Equality was achieved ~30 years ago.

Everything now is misandrist based manipulation & lies facilitated by a) the misguided empathy of cuck types, and b) political apathy.

And this is why I never dared to express my own political opinions or challenge a statement/idea posed by my fellow classmates or teachers at school. Let’s just move on from this.

Yes, because you would have been hounded by a pack of blinkered, small minded bullies.

Last edited:

The funny thing is, he doesn’t even know what he’s angry at. We don’t have a female quote. We have a gender equity action plan which is very different to a quota. Tef just proves what a bigot he is by continually arguing against something that doesn’t even exist. He’s a twerp at best, a sociopath at worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back