List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Amazing how quickly he's gone from a big swinging dick at Cricket Australia to a fully emasculated soyboy cooking vegan sausages for The Huddle hoax.

Was going to say it's about time he cooked his own breakfast.....looks like he's pretty hungry too.

I'm offended that he's burning fossil fuels instead of roasting those tofu wieners on his own sense of self-satisfaction.
Or just reflecting the sun off his head, likely burn them though with that intensity.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like be gave his bonce a fair old polishing before he headed out this morning. And he's one of the approximately .00000001% of the population who can wear mirrored Aviators without looking like a total flog.

Well played Ben :thumbsu:
I don’t know man with the aviators and a bit of a goatie, I’m getting the state trooper kinda vibe.

Last edited:
He said mostly all of the right things - perhaps wasn't forthcoming enough on the lack of success during Scott's era but that is to be expected.
Didn't realize Scott coached us to 3 prelims

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Were they losses to Port, Sydney and WC? Or was the Port one during Laidley's time?

The Port prelim loss was in 2007, Scott started in 2010.

The Port prelim loss was in 2007, Scott started in 2010.

The worst off all was the loss to Port in the last round of 2008.

We squared them up for that last season though.

1581390208846.png

I'm telling you, a narrative is all it takes.

They had 8k there for the AFLW game.

And you're seriously telling me we couldn't make a similar thing happen at Arden Street if we really, really committed to it...

View attachment 820900

I'm telling you, a narrative is all it takes.

They had 8k there for the AFLW game.

And you're seriously telling me we couldn't make a similar thing happen at Arden Street if we really, really committed to it...

We could, though we need to get CoM on board as they're our landlord.

We could, though we need to get CoM on board as they're our landlord.

I haven't quite figured out how to get this conviction from thought into print yet, BUT...

I have a very deep feeling that the future for us (and other clubs of our size) is not to continaully try and chase the tails of Richmond, Collingwood, etc. in terms of servicing 50-110k stadiums in a never ending loop of commercial self-cannibalism.

What I mean is, at some point it's going to come down to whether we embrace what we are and go aaaaaaalll in on making a venue that meets our needs, rather than the needs of Australia's version of Manchester United.

I'll cut to the chase:

Marvel Stadium is too big for us. At least it is for home games against interstate clubs. I will bet my bottom dollar that we will never, ever get close to >35 thousand at Marvel against the following:

- Gold Coast
- GWS
- Freo
- Port
- Adelaide
- West Coast

We MIGHT against Sydney and Brisbane due to the residue of their Victorian supporter base.

The area around our home ground is about to explode. We all know about the new station, giving unprecedented public access to our doorstep.

I know all the reasons why this is a pipedream. But I've also lived in Melbourne since 2002. No one on this board or in public office or choofing on the Lonsdale St skatepark back then could have predicted any of the infastructure changes that have taken place over the last 15 years.

s**t changes really, really fast. All it takes is Matthew Guy, a donation here and there and all of a sudden you have Fishermans Bend.

That's why I don't but the whole "It'll never happen" mantra.

FFS, we're not talking about building a new Marvel Stadium. I'm talking about seating at either end of the ground with associated toilet areas and space for for food trucks. It could (and should) still be a public space that gets enclosed 4 times a year for home games against the smaller interstate teams.

* it. I'll just copy and paste this into a blog post and forward it to Ben A telling him that it was read by the equivalent population of South East Asia.

Last edited:
Back