List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - officially announced as our CEO - Welcome Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

The acurate one

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I didn’t read the article as I can imagine the content . As someone bought up with white privilege . But who isn’t quite white , but has the most Irish of names. Racism is horrid and it really impacts when you’re a boy trying to find your way in life.
I so wanted to be white lol . Now I’m so glad I am who I am . My kids love being part Egyptian, they tell me I’m full, so they can claim half status.
So that tells me we’ve come a long way as a nation . We’ve still plenty of work to do.

I also do think and a great example is the Aaron Hall racism post . Every man and his dog will call out the racist behaviour for what it is , disgusting , we know it’s disgusting and 99 % of the population are disgusted .

But the 1%don’t care and will continue to be sh*t people and it’ssad they they’ll never experience the diverse cultures around the world and learn from wonderful people . Their loss 🤷‍♂️.

we do give them far too much attention. That Instagram post got the exact response that peanut wanted . Ignore it where possible is my opinion.
Oh I can cook a mean Irish stew and hairy bacon 👍.
There are many that say we empower racism and those people aren’t white .
🤷‍♂️.

Conundrum

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
spot farkin' on; imagine trying to raise money in this environment? Outstanding result - Zac Williams, come on down, we got the wellbeing plan for you
"come on down Zac, we'll look after your wellbeing. Take no note of those irrelevant injury list and medical team stuff, have you seen our sponsors?" :p

DarkPhoenix

Cont-Roo-Versial
May 26, 2009
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
ManCity, Cardinals, Avalanche
Does anyone else find Ben’s absence a bit strange? I would have thought he might have done at least one of the interviews that Buckley has done or said a few words at the Syd. I have possibly just missed his input.
Was just a significant part of the Members Q&A on the club website.

Gotta say I was reserved on him coming in with all the negative stuff about his attitude I had heard, but he was fantastic in this Q&A, highly engaging, charismatic and open.

Comfortable now with the decision.

Luke72

Premium Platinum
Aug 21, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Gotta say I was reserved on him coming in with all the negative stuff about his attitude I had heard, but he was fantastic in this Q&A, highly engaging, charismatic and open.

Yep I watched it and he came across really well. He has conducted himself admirably whenever I have seen him which is why I found his abscence strange when everything was going poorly. Strangely Collingwood said something about a media ban that led to their current situation getting out of hand in the media. Has there been some sort of edict passed down by AFL house that has prevented clubs speaking out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumble Frankieton

Premium Gold
Jul 3, 2007
The North
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep I watched it and he came across really well. He has conducted himself admirably whenever I have seen him which is why I found his abscence strange when everything was going poorly. Strangely Collingwood said something about a media ban that led to their current situation getting out of hand in the media. Has there been some sort of edict passed down by AFL house that has prevented clubs speaking out?
I think that’s more Collingwood giving their Wheel of Excuses a fair old workout.

ChoppyGun

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Collingwoods current predicament is a good idea why.

He was at risk of making supporters more upset.

Best to say nothing when in a bad situation imo.

Then open up when ready both supporter and internally.

ChoppyGun

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

That negativity was based on a breakfast joke with staff taken out of context completely by the media.

His new boss wanted him gone as a threat, and ironically this same boss now sacked a short term after.

More of Cricket Aust being a complete joke than anything to do with Amarfio.

Last edited:

DarkPhoenix

Cont-Roo-Versial
May 26, 2009
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
ManCity, Cardinals, Avalanche
That negativity was based on a breakfast joke with staff taken out of context completely by the media.

His new boss wanted him gone as a threat, and ironically this same boss now sacked a short term after.

More of Cricket Aust being a complete joke than anything to do with Amarfio.
That's good to know!

Thanks for the info.

Remove this Banner Ad